What Alabama high school coaches have to say about Bryan Harsin

McLoofus

24 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I agree Gus had issues with the OL. Harsin hasn't don't anything to really correct/fix/start us down a better path

Yes the o-line is the RED FLAG. I believe CBH could coach circles around Gus based on his football acumen, but Gus has shown to generally be a better recruit at this level and the lower level, albeit he still does not know how to prioritize. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes the o-line is the RED FLAG. I believe CBH could coach circles around Gus based on his football acumen, but Gus has shown to generally be a better recruit at this level and the lower level, albeit he still does not know how to prioritize. 

Completely agree on catching ability.

Wonder if Harsin would be a better NFL coach due to his "not giving a s*** about anything besides football" mindset.

It was a little easier for him at BSU when he could just collect all the leftovers as he was a top school for the vast majority of his targets. That's not gonna work here

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'm not cherry picking. For both seasons, I counted only games against major opponents. Also, nobody can "what if" results. The scoreboard is all that counts.

So the 3 wins you excluded from CBH didn’t have scoreboards?  Let it go @Mikey  CGM ain’t our coach anymore. If he had done better he would still be here. He didn’t and he’s not. It’s CBHs turn. He deserves time to move our program forward. One season, no matter how good or bad is not an accurate predictor of future success or failure. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Completely agree on catching ability.

Wonder if Harsin would be a better NFL coach due to his "not giving a s*** about anything besides football" mindset.

It was a little easier for him at BSU when he could just collect all the leftovers as he was a top school for the vast majority of his targets. That's not gonna work here

Yeah that is what I was wondering too. His personality would translate well in the NFL. 

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah that is what I was wondering too. His personality would translate well in the NFL. 

I think he'd get laughed out of the room for things like "you can't take the elevator, only stairs" bc that us just dumb and nothing tough about it. 

But most of it, yeah. 

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I think he'd get laughed out of the room for things like "you can't take the elevator, only stairs" bc that us just dumb and nothing tough about it. 

But most of it, yeah. 

I doubt he would do something like that in the NFL though. 

• Like 1

Average rating of players from the last few years:    .9116, .9022, .8916, .8934, .9065

is there really a true talent difference here?

Also if a coach is on another schools "payroll" do you recruit the coach or the players?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Eight consecutive years without a losing season. Sadly, Harsin managed to break that streak in his first try.

And I thought everyone wanted better than 7 or 8 wins a year!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, W.E.D said:

He was truly only deficient in one area.

Now we have someone who is equally as bad getting OL and worse across the board....and doesn't seem to under stand how relationship work

In barely his first year! How about giving him a chance 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

So, when does Harsin start to correct the situation? Recently I posted class that includes some current players in which Gus signed five OL prospects. When will Harsin get five?

Next year

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yep. Let's get an 8 yr sample size like we have on Malzahn and then see where it stands

What so many of you don’t get is that this is not about Malzahn. He needed to go. This is about Harsin being  a bad hire. His resume was average. His name was not thrown around as being in demand by different major schools. There was concern about his ability to coach and recruit at this level. And all this is proving to be true.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Isn't "correct" and "fix" synonymous with each other? 

So you think 8 years of neglect is able to be fixed in 14 months?

Sure he does!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I feel like fix is all the way competed. You can correct something and put it right on the same path. Probably arguing over words when I know you also agree Harsin hasn't done enough with the OL. 

I agree Gus had issues with the OL. Harsin hasn't don't anything to really correct/fix/start us down a better path

Does your constantly telling everyone that change anything? I think ALL of us know what you think. You don’t have to keep telling us.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Isn't "correct" and "fix" synonymous with each other? 

So you think 8 years of neglect is able to be fixed in 14 months?

There were not 8 years of neglect. It would help if people didn't try to rewrite history. 

And yes.....14 months is plenty of time to at least show some progress somewhere. So far all we've seen is a chaotic mess and an embarrassing season. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 2

47 minutes ago, provibe said:

Does your constantly telling everyone that change anything? I think ALL of us know what you think. You don’t have to keep telling us.

Absolutely hilarious from a random guy who just posted 4x in a row.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

His downfall was he couldn't run the ball or protect his QB. That all stems from the lack of OL talent on the team. Yes, recruiting and roster management was his downfall

It was virtually the same offensive line that Gus managed to get 6 SEC wins with. This is a poor excuse

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As been mentioned earlier when a new coach comes in...I was coaching in Florida and when Coach Meyer took the job, he visited every school in the state during the month of May...for our school it was a meet and great, but it made an impression on me and our kids...regardless how you feel about him, you can't question his success during his time at UF... 

• Like 2

People saying that Harsin should get 8 years because Gus got 8 years are making a flawed argument.

Harsin has done nothing so far to allow him to get 8 years.

Gus didn't get 8 years based off of 1 season. He went 12-2 in 2013, which earned him a few years. Then beating #1 UGA and #1 Bama in 2017 got him another few years and a ridiculous contract extension and buyout. Gus would likely have been fired in 2017 had we lost to UGA and Bama. If you want to get even more accurate, Gus likely would have been fired in 2016 had we lost to LSU. Instead, Les Miles got fired after we beat LSU in 2016.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

As been mentioned earlier when a new coach comes in...I was coaching in Florida and when Coach Meyer took the job, he visited every school in the state during the month of May...for our school it was a meet and great, but it made an impression on me and our kids...regardless how you feel about him, you can't question his success during his time at UF... 

that’s about 30 schools /day. That sounds undoable to me. I do agree with the point that Harsin absolutely should have made it a point to spend an allotted amount of time getting to know more HS coaches. In the least should have personally connected with the majority getting acquainted and telling them he would be setting up future time to visit.

5 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

People saying that Harsin should get 8 years because Gus got 8 years are making a flawed argument.

Harsin has done nothing so far to allow him to get 8 years.

Gus didn't get 8 years based off of 1 season. He went 12-2 in 2013, which earned him a few years. Then beating #1 UGA and #1 Bama in 2017 got him another few years and a ridiculous contract extension and buyout. Gus would likely have been fired in 2017 had we lost to UGA and Bama. If you want to get even more accurate, Gus likely would have been fired in 2016 had we lost to LSU. Instead, Les Miles got fired after we beat LSU in 2016.

I don’t think anyone is vying for 8 years. That is too long. 1 or 2 years ( some are at one or the other) is definitely too short a time period IMO. I say at least 3 complete years unless does something “for cause” should be minimum to accurately judge.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I don’t think anyone is vying for 8 years. That is too long. 1 or 2 years ( some are at one or the other) is definitely too short a time period IMO. I say at least 3 complete years unless does something “for cause” should be minimum to accurately judge.

If we go 5-7 in 2022, which is very possible, I don't see Harsin getting 3 years. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 80Tiger said:

What so many of you don’t get is that this is not about Malzahn. He needed to go. This is about Harsin being  a bad hire. His resume was average. His name was not thrown around as being in demand by different major schools. There was concern about his ability to coach and recruit at this level. And all this is proving to be true.

Only been 1 year. 

• Thanks 2