• Auburn
    • Alabama
    • LSU
    • Arkansas
    • Ole Miss
    • Georgia
    • Florida
    • Tennessee

I didn't include MSU, UK, Vandy, or USC.

I included Arkansas and OM because in a screwed up world, I could see them surprising and maybe winning it.

No two ways about it. I am an :au::homer: . Always will be. I think we play uga in Atlanta for all the :sec: marbles. But, as I have stated before, you can put my vast knowledge of football into a thimble. A good reason, among others, not to gamble. I would be much poorer, if that is possible. ;)

Im going with Auburn. Fans, media, "experts" have all written us off as competing for the SEC west. If they were talking like we would repeat or even be a thought I wouldn't pick Auburn.

We have a tendency to do quite well when that happens.

I suppose I might be a bit biased, but it seems logical to me to vote for the team that has the most 1st-string All-SEC players as voted by the other SEC coaches, and the best coach in America as voted by his peers!... :D

Like some have stated, I too might be a little biased on this one but with all the first team All-SEC players I have to say :au: vs. :uf: for the :sec: crown

:cheer::cheer::au::cheer::cheer:

:au: all the way! This season will prove that :au: never rebuilds.... :au: reloads.

I voted for Auburn, call me :homer:

If I were not voting as a :homer: , I would have voted for :lsu: . They have a ton of talent coming back. Their new coach better not screw things up, their fans know the talent level. In the east, :ut: will be very good this year also. Florida has very good talent, but will there be any problems because of the coaching change. :uga: lost a ton of players. D. Green will be hard to replace, but Shockley does have game experience.

But this is July, all is possible at this point. Just ask the Bammers who are already talking National Championship. :blink:

the more i read and hear about :au: having no chance, it totally blows me away. we have too much returning talent to not put up a fight. Shula and the Tide will have to prove they can beat, well............., anybody. i think the consensus is the AU-LSU winner will take it home, and i'll take that stance too. the inner-homer wins out. :au: takes the west. :D

I voted for LSU. I really think they have the most talent heading into this upcoming year. Speed too.

Auburn or Alabama winning the West wouldn't shock me at all though.

Experience helps

I voted :uf:

I am as big a :au::homer: as anyone but I just have a feeling about :uf: this year. We may be a year out to repeat.

I would love to see a :uf: and :au: SECCG. I miss playing :uf: very much.

I picked UT to get a little revenge against us in Atlanta, mainly because they return so many of their punks...virtually the same team we beat twice last year...on the road both times. If UT has a stellar year in '05, listen if ANY media talk about this being the same UT team the media said was NOT a quality win for AU in KKKnoxville. Kirk Herbstreit, are you there?

I think it's still astonishing how strong the SEC is. Most of us are debating about 5-6 teams--about half the conference--as being contenders. I have seen at least one national writer each picking either Tennessee, LSU, Florida (..and, er, cough, cough, Bama :blink: ?) as going undefeated and playing in the BCS Championship, and I believe that Auburn and Georgia will be able to hold their own with any of those four on a given day. Show me any other conference with SIX teams that would not be complete surprises if they ended up in the Rose Bowl? (I'm giving Bama the benefit of my doubt for the sake of this point, BG, Streyeder, et. al)

[...but of course, being SEC champion doesn't mean anything, strength of schedule-wise. It's much more important to beat a Notre Dame or squeeze past a Cal. :puke: ]

IMO, there is no way UT wins the East.

Their secondary is horrible, I don't think their QB's are as great as some are pumping them up to be, and they barely beat a LOT of their teams last year.

I think UT loses several games.

With that said, UGA doesn't either

So....UF wins the East

• 1 month later...

Archived