Good grief

Phillip Marshall has an article up on AU Undercover, and the article refers to Butch as "Johnson" 3 different times.   And, it is not tongue in cheek.   Do editors even exist these days.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Phillip Marshall has an article up on AU Undercover, and the article refers to Butch as "Johnson" 3 different times.   And, it is not tongue in cheek.   Do editors even exist these days.

It's Phillip Marshall ... what else are you expecting? Dude's been bad at his job for a very long time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LPTiger said:

These are the AL.com editors...

heh-heh-heh-heh-he-said-johnson.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

It's Phillip Marshall ... what else are you expecting? Dude's been bad at his job for a very long time.

You know Philip Marshall was always at his best when he would write feature articles on people or auburn history. Hthose are where his best skills lie. The landscape has changed for those veterans who wrote for newspapers. He’s trying to adjust now in this new media world and he’s having to write about things now I truly believe he really doesn’t like doing but it’s hard to give up the craft and the paycheck. 

I don’t know him but he does make more mistakes these days. 

• Like 2

They have corrected the article now.   I assume ya'll saw the selection show where ESPN called Butch Butch Johnson.   When ESPN arrived at the ball park yesterday, Butch had changed his nameplate to Butch Johnson.   The fam and I are leaving Bham in 30 minutes heading east...    Let's go Tigers.      

• Haha 1

What a joke. 247 had a good run, but with Keith leaving, they should probably rip the band aid off and do a "rebuild", so to speak. Build around King and Clemente and supplement them with Dukes and maybe another younger writer or two

• WarTiger changed the title to Good grief