Are AR-15’s weapons of war? Here’s what a former Fort Benning commander had to say

7 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Do you remember a mass killing that happened during that time period that killed 168 men, women and children? It's not the gun(s). 

did you read the book? they used kool aid because guns were too messy................and these guys were christians and he was the apostle or something. they were also afraid people would change their mind because of the blood and noise and screams etc..................

Edited by aubiefifty
senior moment typing

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

did you read the book? they used kool aid because guns were too messy................and these guys were christians and he was the apostle or something. they were also afraid people would change their mind because of the blood and thinking folks would change their mind with the blood started flying.

Ooooo k there Mr. Interesting. 

Just now, homersapien said:

And often enough, logically appalling.

We're not all the same....so call it what you want. I'm good with it. 

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

And often enough, logically appalling.

jj was smart. here is a meme that will give you a different angle to how they were thinking.............

282004276_5201139236631371_8618929285060139067_n.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

jj was smart. here is a meme that will give you a different angle to how they were thinking.............

282004276_5201139236631371_8618929285060139067_n.jpg

How did I get dragged into this? What’s wrong with lumberjacks? I love lumberjacks.

Just now, jj3jordan said:

How did I get dragged into this? What’s wrong with lumberjacks? I love lumberjacks.

oh it is all fine and dandy til they start chopping your head off.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

oh it is all fine and dandy til they start chopping your head off.

So, even you admit it isn’t about the gun :poke:

• Love 1

26 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So, even you admit it isn’t about the gun :poke:

go read the book and yee shall see..........................grins

3 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Now I've got this in my head...

LUMBERJACK_SONG_7_.jpg

Id love to ask the Ft Benning  guy in the OP  how many soldiers he figured would prefer to have an AR15  as their weapon of choice going into a battle of any type.....would make for some laughs im sure lol

7 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

Id love to ask the Ft Benning  guy in the OP  how many soldiers he figured would prefer to have an AR15  as their weapon of choice going into a battle of any type.....would make for some laughs im sure lol

Doubt that, a highly trained soldier would want a weapon that suited battle conditions.  Those conditions aren't always going to be the same.

3 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Doubt that, a highly trained soldier would want a weapon that suited battle conditions.  Those conditions aren't always going to be the same.

Do you see an ar15 suitable for anything military?...It would be like a toy in a military scenario....thats my hunch anyways.  I just can't imagine a scenario where it would be a preferred weapon in any instance.  

The ar15 to me seems like any other rifle dressed up in a Halloween outfit.  A kid dressed up as a demon on Halloween isn't an actual demon.....I think the crazy people who decide to shoot up kids in a school probably go for the intimidation factor more than anything....like Halloween.  You could buy a less intimidating looking gun and have the same outcome.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 12:41 PM, aubiefifty said:

you guys let the assault ban expire.

16 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you guys have come up with nothing but prayers and prayers are not protecting our kids.

You are extremely divisional. Statements including “you guys” are numerous and ineffective. Do you honestly believe “ you guys” are responsible for all bad. 

I have no problem with a ban on the AR15 type weapon. Will it legislate our problems away? Doubt seriously. 

Important to win an argument on Social media these days I suppose.

Edited by SaltyTiger

1 hour ago, SaturdayGT said:

The ar15 to me seems like any other rifle dressed up in a Halloween outfit.  A kid dressed up as a demon on Halloween isn't an actual demon.....I think the crazy people who decide to shoot up kids in a school probably go for the intimidation factor more than anything....like Halloween.  You could buy a less intimidating looking gun and have the same outcome.

Do you have any idea what the fire rate of an AR-15 is?  Both the theoretical and practical rates of fire should NOT be underestimated or minimized.  These are highly effective killing machines.

And yes, there are other less impressive weapons with similar ability.  Those also deserve great scrutiny and requiremets for ownership. 

25 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

You are extremely divisional. Statements including “you guys” are numerous and ineffective. Do you honestly believe “ you guys” are responsible for all bad. 

I have no problem with a ban on the AR15 type weapon. Will it legislate our problems away? Doubt seriously. 

Important to win an argument on Social media these days I suppose.

I am all for being considerate of the feelings of others.  However, I think we are trying to establish truth.  If truth hurts your feelings in this venue, maybe that's on you?

4 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Do you have any idea what the fire rate of an AR-15 is?  Both the theoretical and practical rates of fire should NOT be underestimated or minimized.  These are highly effective killing machines.

And yes, there are other less impressive weapons with similar ability.  Those also deserve great scrutiny and requiremets for ownership. 

You tell me, what is the fire rate on an AR15....

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I am all for being considerate of the feelings of others.  However, I think we are trying to establish truth.  If truth hurts your feelings in this venue, maybe that's on you?

So I was being inconsiderate by stating my impression?

13 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Actually...tell me the fire Rate of a AR15 and a Handgun?....you'll you should easily kinda pu things in a better perspective....we all hate the mass shootings. We all have that in common at least!

18 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

So I was being inconsiderate by stating my impression?

I can't imagine how you got that out of what I wrote???

11 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

Actually...tell me the fire Rate of a AR15 and a Handgun?....you'll you should easily kinda pu things in a better perspective....we all hate the mass shootings. We all have that in common at least!

Depends on type of hand and gun clip style for AR-15 and, practical rate of fire but, approximately: under 100 rounds per minute compared to over 500 rounds per minute

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Depends on type of hand gun clip style for AR-15 and practical rate of fire but, approximately: under 100 rounds per minute compared to over 500 rounds per minute

I really feel like skill level plays a big part too...in sure a skilled pistolist can outdo ..probably most legally bought anything....regardless...you know the Uvalde incident wasn't a high rate of fire thing....it went on (weirdly asf) for almost an hour....anyone think the casualties would have been Less with any other gun?....he could have stabbed and killed twice as many in the amount of time the cops...oops I mean US Marsh....err...a concerned mother and fresh on the scenes US border patrol agents who refused to stand down and went in and ended it....

Edited by SaturdayGT

A question I have???? What good will a ban do for the millions of “AR” style firearms already in the hands owners? Are we talking a ban on ownership as well?