Hudson stepping down

Tim Hudson stepping down from Auburn baseball ... UPDATE!

Lindsay Crosby
2 minutes

Auburn baseball's coaching staff will go through some changes this offseason. 

Per sources, Auburn alum and 17-year MLB veteran Tim Hudson will be leaving his role as a volunteer assistant. The move has not yet been confirmed by the team. 

Hudson, a member of the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame and the Atlanta Braves Hall of Fame, just finished his 3rd season as a volunteer assistant, where he coached the pitching staff and developed 8 MLB Draft picks, including day one picks RHP Blake Burkhalter (2022 - 2C) and RHP Tanner Burns (2020 - CB-A). Prior to coaching at Auburn, he spent 17 years in Major League Baseball, with the Athletics, Braves, and Giants, where he won a World Series and was a four-time MLB All-Star. 

Sources indicate that the likely replacement for Hudson is Daron Schoenrock. He coached with Butch Thompson at Mississippi State and just finished an 18-year stint as head coach at Memphis, where he collected 437 wins and was the 2013 Conference USA Coach of the Year. 

It is believed that Hudson will be joining the staff of local private Lee-Scott Academy; his son recently transferred there for his senior year. 

Hudson was part of a coaching staff that helped lead the Tigers to the staff's first win in Omaha during the College World Series this season. 

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Thanks 1

man i hate this! i hope we continue to move forward.

Obviously, a multi-millionaire volunteer coach can go where he pleases. Hudson had some major successes and made some questionable decisions while at Auburn. I wish him all the best. AU pitching will be in solid hands as long as Butch Thompson is our coach.

• Like 4

• WarTiger changed the title to Hudson stepping down from

Love Hudson but the replacement hire seems like he might be better for the team as far as coaching. A guy that had 437 wins compared to a guy that had no coaching experience looks like a huge upgrade to me.

• Like 4

• WarTiger changed the title to Hudson stepping down

Love Hudson but the replacement hire seems like he might be better for the team as far as coaching. A guy that had 437 wins compared to a guy that had no coaching experience looks like a huge upgrade to me.

I with you on the replacement. Appreciate what Tim has done but great player does not always transition or equate to great coach. When it comes to being an ambassador for Auburn rest assured Tim will continue as one of the best.

• Like 4

Auburn Baseball hires Daron Schoenrock to replace Tim Hudson as pitching coach

i saw this on twitter and i have no idea how to do it so when they update with n article i will post!