Auburn vs Israel U20 Team

toddc

Williams takes the offensive foul.

Green, Williams, Broome, Flan, and Zep in.

Green fouled and will shoot 2. Makes both.

97-45 Auburn

Broome commits a foul on the jump shot.

Israel makes 2/3. 97-47 Auburn.

5 minutes left in the game.

Flan with THE STEP BACK 3!!!

100-47

Broome with the block! Nice to break 100 in our first game as a team.

Williams steals the inbound pass.

Flan with the lay up!

102-47 Auburn

Traore comes in for Williams.

Nice pass from Green to Broome and he lays it up. And-1!

Makes the FT

105-50 Auburn

Tre in for Green. Stretch in for Broome. KD in for Zep. Moore in for Flan.

Edited by tgrogan21

Tre to Traore and an easy and-1!

Also, apparently my score is off by 1. *shrugs*

106-50 before the FT.

Makes the FT

107-50 Auburn

Moore with the steal!

Stretch with the 3 and he misses. Needs to stop taking that shot.

Traore steals, goes coast to coast and misses. Needed to pass that to Tre who was open.

Last media timeout with 1:43 left. 109-50 Auburn

Bilas says we are not as talented as we were last year.   Granted Walker was defensive player of the year and Bari was drafted 3rd.   But Flan was at about 70% last year.   He looks different now.  Cardwell looks different.   Johni's offensive game looks better than Walker's.   Last year we didn't have anyone who could create offense like Westry did today.   The Frenchman's game looks pretty darn good.   Obviously you can't read too much into one game particularly against this team.    But, this team looks to have plenty of talent.   Also Jaylin Williams....  

• Like 3

Moore inside, misses, gets his own rebound and putback.

Israel with a 3.

111-53 Auburn.

Tre to Stretch who passes to Traore and the DUNK!

113-53 Auburn

Another Israel 3.

113-56 Auburn

Tre passes to Stretch and he goes up against 3 guys and scores. Every Auburn player except Sobera has scored.

115-56 Auburn.

Bilas says we are not as talented as we were last year.   Granted Walker was defensive player of the year and Bari was drafted 3rd.   But Flan was at about 70% last year.   He looks different now.  Cardwell looks different.   Johni's offensive game looks better than Walker's.   Last year we didn't have anyone who could create offense like Westry did today.   The Frenchman's game looks pretty darn good.   Obviously you can't read too much into one game particularly against this team.    But, this team looks to have plenty of talent.   Also Jaylin Williams....  

Yeah, I disagreed with his statement when he made it. 

I don't think we're gonna have the star power that Jabari gave us but the whole entire roster is better than it was last season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can't say much on the opponent but we did exactly what we were supposed to against them. Cardwell looks so much better offensively. Traore looks as good as advertised. Westry is a problem and can create his own shot. Zep was more aggressive. Green and KD were looking to pass more than just take shots all the time.

Broome was great defensively and I really love the Broome/Cardwell pairing on the court together. Tre was great against the pressure that they gave him.

Can't wait to see how this team performs against the National team.

Edit: OH and get ready for the Flan revenge tour. Dude looked miles better than he did at any time last season.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 2

Awesome experience for these guys! 

• Like 1

It was nice to see the new guys, but that was like playing with men among boys. I'll be curious to see how we look against better competition. 

What stood out to me was the switching and communication on D. That was great to see in a 1st game. So hopefully it'll only get better. 

It makes me wonder how the experience of being smothered by Miami in the tourney and then seeing the Warrior's and Celtic's switching defenses making it to the NBA finals influenced Pearl's approach this year.  

Edited by HAPvsOA

We're going to out rebound a few teams.

You know those teams that are a heavy favorite to win it all...then they fall flat...but then the next year they win it all, and everybody is like "oh".  

• Like 1

Yeah, I disagreed with his statement when he made it. 

Me too. We may not have the prototype stretch 4 sniper that we did last year, but Allen is healthy again, Chance Westry is a 6'6 point guard, and even Traore looked plenty comfortable taking the ball down the court after a rebound, which is nuts for a 6'10 guy to do.

The main thing is not knowing how to gauge the competition. I thought they would be better than we made them look.

• Like 1

Love Westry! Flan looked promising; hope he makes me eat my words. He seemed more confident on the floor. Johni is a problem..in a good way. Dylan bringing the energy as normal. Hope he continues to work at finishing at the rim. That's going to crucial if he's going to be getting more playing time.