Finley named starting QB

GunsmithAU

Maybe it’ll work out. Sometimes it does. War Eagle! Let the games begin!!

On 8/29/2022 at 11:58 AM, Rednilla said:

Yeah, but Calzada started at Texas A&M last year. And he actually won a game as a starter, too, so a lot of people thought he was the odds on favorite, including yours truly.

However, seeing the talk about Harsin and whether he has the locker room or not made me think about the fact that the team has been behind TJ since last season. Contrast that with Harsin trying to take Bo aside and mentor him about how to lead the team, because he'd picked up some bad habits under the previous administration.

We will see how much difference there might be.

Agree. My point is that both had started but only TJ had AUs playbook. So I’m not really surprised. As I said before, TJ has some natural ability, what Harsin has to understand is you have to work to your players ability and strength. You can’t come in and demand he be someone else. That’s what happened last year. Also Harsin has to understand he is not playing in the west but in the SEC so a lot of his play calling won’t work against the athletes In the SEC. 🤔 

31 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Agree. My point is that both had started but only TJ had AUs playbook. So I’m not really surprised. As I said before, TJ has some natural ability, what Harsin has to understand is you have to work to your players ability and strength. You can’t come in and demand he be someone else. That’s what happened last year. Also Harsin has to understand he is not playing in the west but in the SEC so a lot of his play calling won’t work against the athletes In the SEC. 🤔 

2good points.

On 8/29/2022 at 11:18 PM, AU80cruiser said:

I have to admit I wasnt feeling our QB room but this video makes me feel better hearing TJ saying he understands what he's up against. And he's up for the challenge.

I think and hope TJ has been coached up and has learned a lot. After watching Nix in the first half against UGA, I really can’t say I was sad to see him leave. Granted GA is one of the top 5 teams in the country, but Nix had hit his ceiling and it really wasn’t as high as prognosticators predicted. With that being said, if our OLine has improved just 20% and a couple of receivers show some real promise, then all TJ needs to do is be a game manager and settle in these first few games. It’s the first game and I expect the team will be very up for it, but it also isn’t an SEC team. We will see. 

I rhink Finley will be whoever the offensive line allows him to be. Let's hope there is improvement there so Finley can show what he can do with some decent targets to throw to