Finley named starting QB

GunsmithAU

15 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Stop trying to elude the curse filter 

Was that directed at me? My comment got heavily redacted yet contained no attempts to get around any filters. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

At some point you have to use common sense judgment. The proper order of operation should go Head Coach and OC know, QB’s know, team knows, marketing department knows, media knows. Any way you look at this, if the QB’s didn’t know first, it was a mess up. 

No, we don’t know that Harsin leaked it directly for a fact, but Harsin is in charge and if Keasau leaked it, it’s still Harsin’s responsibility. If someone besides those two leaked it, then it didn’t go in an order that is respectful of the guys. 

It doesn’t matter. Nobody got hurt. But it does highlight the lack of organization within the program.

Many times these type of releases are let out with a specific time frame connected. Sometimes media jump the gun to get first release bump.

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Looking forward to him hopefully making a lot of ppl look like morons who emphatically said he should 100% never start nor couldn't ever develop 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GunsmithAU said:

Love this!

I just hope it's actual improvement and not just talk. We should easily get 2-3 passing TDs this week. That will go a long way in helping him in the minds of the fans. 

IMO helping him in the minds of fans does nothing to help the team. I’m pulling for him to lead the team well (in the teams mind) which includes offense coaching staff.

33 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

IMO helping him in the minds of fans does nothing to help the team. I’m pulling for him to lead the team well (in the teams mind) which includes offense coaching staff.

Not getting booed or keeping fans invested and in your corner in games is very important. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cbo said:

I don't know if this was an intentional shot at Gus. But I like it.

There has been enough talk . Whether there is improvement or not will be seen by all either in person or tv. Starting with Saturday.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Looking forward to him hopefully making a lot of ppl look like morons who emphatically said he should 100% never start nor couldn't ever develop 

If TJ wins, then Auburn wins, so we all win. We’re all on the same side lol

I’m still not sold on TJ but I hope I’m wrong because I want Auburn to win football games. 

• Like 1

<tires of reading the vitriol> Can't have a simple thread of celebrating a young man winning the starting qb position without one of a handful of people pissing on it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

When he answered the question about being tough he said

Yeah, I can stay in and get off a pass after getting hit (that is very true, man does not shrink from a rush), and I can deal with the social media.  

Boy I bet he has seen the nasty side of "Auburn fans".   Good for him, rise above it, and sling some passes this weekend.  

• Love 2

8 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Sounds like you're a complete and utter moron.

You have the team captain saying it was "Unfortunate" the entire team heard about their starting QB from ESPN vs their head coach.  And you're trying to spin that as I "hate Harsin"

Audio or video or S my D.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

10 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Audio or video or S my D.

Dude Golf just said two hours ago to chill out on the cursing, do you want a temp ban? Golf loves swinging that ban hammer

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cbo said:

Shaking My Head Smh GIF - Shaking My Head Smh King Of The Hill - Discover &  Share GIFs

That boy ain’t right

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

<tires of reading the vitriol> Can't have a simple thread of celebrating a young man winning the starting qb position without one of a handful of people pissing on it.

tobias-menzies-no.gif 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Didba said:

Dude Golf just said two hours ago to chill out on the cursing, do you want a temp ban? Golf loves swinging that ban hammer

Wouldn’t it be a ban club? An iron, perhaps?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, cbo said:

Didba wins the night with this one. 

cbo w/ the assist!

Edited by Didba
  • Haha 1