JJ Evans Enters the Transfer Portal

Zeek

Wish him luck. Just doesn't seem like he was going to see the field. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Maybe a little easier to read

Auburn wide receiver JJ Evans announces intention to enter transfer portal

Nick Schultz•about 1 hour

Michael Wade/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images.

Auburn is losing some wide receiver depth to the transfer portal. JJ Evansannounced his decision to transfer Wednesday night.

Evans took to Twitter to make his announcement that he’s leaving the program after two years. He didn’t play a game during his time on The Plains.

Stay up to date with the On3 Transfer Portal Wire.

CLICK HERE to subscribe for FREE to the On3 YouTube channel

“I never thought I would say this but I can’t thank Auburn enough,” Evans wrote. “This place has allowed me to grow tremendously. I’ve made relationships that will last a lifetime. First I want to thank both staffs for giving me the opportunity to be apart of the Auburn family, I want to thank Coach Harsin for all the life lessons that will stick with me forever and I want to thank Coach [Ike] Hilliard for teaching me so much and helping my game during our short time together. … I’ll never forget all the memories and friends I made along the way.

“I am forever grateful for this opportunity! With all that being said after a lot of thought and prayer I have decided to enter my name in the transfer portal and pursue other opportunities.”

Evans arrived at Auburn as a four-star recruit and the No. 172 player in the nation from the class of 2020, according to the On3 Consensus, a complete and equally weighted industry-generated average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies.

Edited by toddc

13 hours ago, Zeek said:

Wish him luck. Just doesn't seem like he was going to see the field. 

I honestly didn't know he was still with the program, I thought he left through the portal over the summer

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

This tracks...

tracks = sux?

11 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

"The program is falling apart" somebody on this forum somewhere 

not me..............we got off to a bad start but i think hars is headed in the right direction. the only thing that worries me about auburn is the NIL

21 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

tracks = sux?

Not coming out of HS and I wouldn't say he sucks now. He just never progressed.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

the only thing that worries me about auburn is the NIL

My understanding is that the NIL is going very well now (better late than never). 

The only thing that worries me is that we have three months to recruit. We are  #13 in the SEC and number 57 overall. That is worse than Vandy. It is crucial that we win and that somehow these HS kids change their commitment to Auburn, especially OL. We need a lot of them. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

My understanding is that the NIL is going very well now (better late than never). 

The only thing that worries me is that we have three months to recruit. We are  #13 in the SEC and number 57 overall. That is worse than Vandy. It is crucial that we win and that somehow these HS kids change their commitment to Auburn, especially OL. We need a lot of them. 

thanx for letting me know.

• Like 1