When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

Just now, 1auburn1 said:

Now that football is down where basketball used to be, let Bruce be the HC.  Just part time though.  Don’t wanna mess up a good thing. 

No we need to go find our Bruce in football. 

I guess Hugh Freeze 😂 that didn't taste right coming out my mouth. @DAG

• Like 2

Hot dang HossFly!!!! This was a "Barfield class" loss! I had some bad flsahbacks from my younger years during that period. Don't like that feeling...

• Like 1

Billy Napier was the hire that should have been made instead of Harsin.  The facts are that Auburn has always had a reputation for dysfunction in the Athletic Department even when I was in school there from 1999 to 2003, but it has gotten exponentially worse as social media has gotten bigger and bigger.  Now it doesnt matter how much money we throw around, there are a lot of schools that can do that where the expectations are not so high and they give their hire time to build the program.  No high profile guy is going to risk his future coming here with how messed up every aspect of the program is and with the knowledge they wont be given any time to fix it.  We are going to have to find a young guy that has been CONSISTENTLY successful at the highest level at a smaller program.  I believe that is the only way to fix this mess.  

• Like 3
  • Love 2

After this I would fire them all now although I have no idea who would replace them because I don’t know any coach that would want to coach here.

Our defense has talent. There was no excuse for that crap we have seen all year. Struggle against San Jose St, couldn’t even get off the field against them. That’s on coaching. Penn St completely embarrassed us and they are NOT an elite team. We couldn’t stop the damn BACKUPS. They are slightly above average at best which makes us hot freaking garbage. 

I have never failed to support an AU team, or coach.  I actually like Harsin as a human being and his demeanor of trying to be a hard nosed coach, but I think I hit my breaking point today.  We haven’t had a solid OL since…. Heck I can’t even remember.  Our QB situation is horrible, and the defense even gave up today.   

If / when we let Harsin go, we may lose the few good recruits we have, but we’ll probably lose them anyway.   Just too frustrated right now to even contemplate a good path forward.   

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

It’s like I tell people: we just have to believe what her eyes are seeing and our ears are hearing.

More seeing than hearing. Truly sad state of football for Auburn. Hard to find a comparison in my 51 years of watching them in regard to this game. Overwhelmingly outmanned. 

Just now, gr82be said:

More seeing than hearing. Truly sad state of football for Auburn. Hard to find a comparison in my 51 years of watching them in regard to this game. Overwhelmingly outmanned. 

And we shouldn’t have been outmanned the way we were. Auburn was two or three point underdogs, of course they were favorite against Mercer and San Jose State and they didn’t cover either one of those games either. All home games to boot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

After this I would fire them all now although I have no idea who would replace them because I don’t know any coach that would want to coach here.

Our defense has talent. There was no excuse for that crap we have seen all year. Struggle against San Jose St, couldn’t even get off the field against them. That’s on coaching. Penn St completely embarrassed us and they are NOT an elite team. We couldn’t stop the damn BACKUPS. They are slightly above average at best which makes us hot freaking garbage. 

I’m hearing what you’re saying and definitely NOT defending the coaches, but let’s not pretend this isn’t on the players too.  Didn’t see a shred of pride in the SJSU  game or today. 

It is a huge advantage to fire a coach in mid-season rather then the end of the season. It gets you ahead in the coaching search.

The alternative is to actively search for a coach during the season, like A&M did with Jimbo and Miami did with Cristobal.

1 hour ago, Didba said:

Can we hire Mike Leach?

Just got extended through 2025 at $5.5 million/year. So...maybe?

Edited by tsande07
typo

I normally would never say this, but he needs to be gone today. He's not going to survive the season. Our offensive line is worse than I've ever seen it, we have no QB, our running game is average and our defense is notably weaker than last season. We're dead last in recruiting, everyone knows Harsin isn't going to survive at this point. 

Yeah, we're not going to find "the answer", but we might find someone who can come in, recruit, build a roster and avoid the Tennessee-like trajectory we are very much on.  I hate to see this at Auburn, but Harsin was not a well thought out hire. 

• Love 1

Fire Harsin now (no argument from me). With our recent track record we can double-down on Stupid.

11 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

The wheels fell off quicker then the Gus Bus did and I didn't think that was possible. 

Unpopular opinion but Gus probably wins this game today at home. I think whirly bird loss was to the eventual National Champion. He normally does well on OOC during the season. The bowl games are a different strory

• Like 2

I know what I want in a new coach but what we absolutely HAVE to have is a coach that is with the new wave of college football. All in on NIL and can figure out how to use it. I’m so sick of boring, tired old Auburn. I know it’s not appealing to these kids.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Somewhat disagree. 

Next week is huge. Mizzou or us are the 13th worst team int he SEC. It's a must win.

If we lose at home to Mizzou, I think we lose to LSU. Then we 100% lose to UGA, then we probably lose to Ole Miss.

Now it is a Bye week. If we are 2-5 he's done 

That's what I'm thinking. 

• Like 1