• Jeff Grimes +700
  • Kevin Steele +700
  • Urban Meyer +1000
  • Skip Holtz +1500
  • Jeff Fisher +2500
  • Bob Stoops +3500
  • Bobby Petrino +5000
  • Ed Orgeron +50000

I think Dave Aranda, Will Muschamp, Lance Leipold, Rhett Lashlee, Kane Wommack, Mike Elko, and a few others will all receive at least a cursory glance.

Personally, I think there are a few off this list we can all but eliminate. Including Urban Meyer, Kevin Steele, Skip Holtz, Ed O, Bob Stoops, Bobby Petrino, Jeff Fisher, and Lance Leipold all seem like non-starters for various reasons.

My top 5 candidates to consider would be:

Hugh Freeze, Lane Kiffin, Deion Sanders, Dave Aranda, and Jeff Grimes in no particular order. I can write more about this if anyone is interested in my opinions on the matter. It does seem like it's just a matter of when not "if" Harsin will be fired.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

IDK what it is about Kiffin that just doesn't jive with me. 

Freeze

Sanders

Grimes

Kiffin's recruiting out of high school leaves a lot to be desired but part of that could be being at Ole Miss. His ability to pull in the portal could help us immediately recover similar to what USC is doing right now. He has also made a very mediocre Jaxon Dart look much more serviceable.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Kiffin's recruiting out of high school leaves a lot to be desired but part of that could be being at Ole Miss. His ability to pull in the portal could help us immediately recover similar to what USC is doing right now. He has also made a very mediocre Jaxon Dart look much more serviceable.

I honestly think he could do wonders with Ashford/Geriner. He is relentless in the portal. I think he's an upgrade from what we have atm. Wouldn't be upset with the hire. Maybe I'm stuck on the "fit". Regardless, a change needs to be made. We just need to get it right this time. With Bammer and UGA doing their thing and expansion coming, we're trending in the wrong direction.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, imaolgatiger said:

Please NO Kevin Steele or will muschump!!!!!

I would like to think that we are smarter than that but who knows. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This would be damn near impossible to pull off but give me:

HC - Deion Sanders

OC - Jeff Grimes

DC - Will Muschamp

Tell me that wouldn't dominate 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Let’s get Rhett and hire Gus as OC and Kevin Steele as DC

I will tie you to samford hall and egg you

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

This week I read that Kiffin was miffed about Ole Miss gameday support. I initially thought he might be tempted towards a better environment or he is justifying a possible exit strategy, if another team was having backroom chats with him. Then, I remembered that coaches often deploy this excuse to reverse support trends. Lane Kiffin's ego/personality/attention seeking is bigger than Ole Miss and I am pretty sure Oxford is not his forever home.

We definitely need a fresh start and culture change. I am curious on how accurate mob predictions are vs. who ends up getting the job. I agree, expansion is just amping up the level of conference play and it will be easy to get lost in the shuffle unless we increase our impact. 

The top 5 candidates are the same that have been discussed here for the most part. I think Auburn is desperate enough to go bold this time, but may just be wishful thinking.

36 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Let’s get Rhett and hire Gus as OC and Kevin Steele as DC

Or even better

Rhett - Head coach

Gus - OC

Muschamp - DC

basically 2015 just rearranging a bit

• Facepalm 1

44 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

Please NO Kevin Steele or will muschump!!!!!

42 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I would like to think that we are smarter than that but who knows. 

My wife is a big Winnie the Pooh fan and over the years I've noticed that the little guy is quite intelligent for a self described bear of very little brain. 

This is where I hope Auburn is with these two coaches.. 

pooh_3_6681ba2d.gif

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 1

Disclaimer:  the quote below is NOT an endorsement, per se, of Kiffin.  But I think this description of the successful coach in the new 'portal-NIL' era is spot on (my boldface):

But understand this: It’s more than just plucking players from the portal and mixing and matching and winning games. What Kiffin is accomplishing at Ole Miss is part marketer, part carnival barker, and full-time player acquisition and development — the latter being the most critical (and least likely to replicate).

If Sanders is not the choice or is not interested it may be he is being groomed or waiting for the other team in this state's job to open up.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, creed said:

If Sanders is not the choice or is not interested it may be he is being groomed or waiting for the other team in this state's job to open up.

Yeah, UAB may be needing a coach also.

Sanders or freeze. I jokee about will Muschamp but I would not mind having him back as AHC/DC for one of those guys 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

So whats the deal w dave arranda? Is he the real deal or is he more like a Chizik in which the oc (gus) or in his case (grimes) is the real key to his success? 

Matt Ruhle rebuilt the program so it’s hard to judge the job he’s done. He atleast is still winning.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Sanders or freeze. I jokee about will Muschamp but I would not mind having him back as AHC/DC for one of those guys 

I would always feel comfortable with Muschamp as DC. I know he brings intensity, will recruit, and get the most out of his talent. I don’t think he’d leave Georgia to come back to Auburn.

35 minutes ago, gr82be said:

My wife is a big Winnie the Pooh fan and over the years I've noticed that the little guy is quite intelligent for a self described bear of very little brain. 

This is where I hope Auburn is with these two coaches.. 

pooh_3_6681ba2d.gif

My brother was named after Christopher Robin so I 100% agree that Poo can be very insightful 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

My top 5 candidates to consider would be:

Hugh Freeze, Lane Kiffin, Deion Sanders, Dave Aranda, and Jeff Grimes in no particular order. I can write more about this if anyone is interested in my opinions on the matter. It does seem like it's just a matter of when not "if" Harsin will be fired.

How confident would you be in each of those five coming? Freeze is the only one of those I’m very confident would come and it’s not even close.

Although, why didn't us or TN hire him two years ago? So who knows.

Edited by AUwent

I'm just saying, our boosters should make a HEAVY bet on whoever we are going to hire and then use the cash to fund the buyout.

Also, this genius thinking is why I should be the AD.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6