This makes me sick

Aubie16

Dude, tthat team couldn't even come close to hanging with us last year...USC is as good (on offense) as they were last year..their defense will be down but they would have to be overlooking the Hogs just to make it a game!! USC is NOT LOWLY Texas!!

Of the following teams: Stanford(31-28), UCLA(29-24), Cal(23-17), Oregon St.(28-20)

Which would have hung with us last year? USC just seemed to make some games closer than they had to.

but I agree Arky is going to get stuck hard by USC

We had our chances, and didn't get the job done.

Huh? Did we not go 13-0 last year? Did we not win every game we played? How is that not getting the job done?

Herman Edwards, head coach of the New York Jets, once said, "You play to win the game!" YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!! It doesn't matter by how much, how little, what happened in this quarter or that quarter, but the end result with your team on top. You play to win and in college football, with the liberal slanted media controlling championships, it's more of a beauty contest than a football matchup.

You can claim all you want to AU didn't win the NC last year but to say that we didn't get the job done is really an insult to our players. I'm sure that was not your intention but to say that going 13-0 isn't getting the job done is insane.

For the 500th and final time, I'll tell you exactly what happened last year. In the final few weeks of last season, all we heard from the AP voters, including that fa**ot Paul Gattis up here in Huntsville, was how USC and Oklahoma were the two best teams in college football, with Auburn a distant third. Then, the entire country watches the Orange Bowl massacre and realizes that the media was completely wrong. Auburn should have been in that game and not a ridiculously overrated OU team. The outcome of that game made the media look really bad and they don't like that. Then, to cover their own sorry asses, the same media claimed that USC was the best team in the country and that Auburn probably would have lost to USC had both teams played. They used Auburn's weak non-conference schedule and our narrow victory against Virginia Tech in the Sugar Bowl to substantiate this claim.

Anyway, I highly recommend to anyone who cares to read Bernard Goldgerg's, "Bias: A CBS Insider Exposes how the Media Distorts the News." Whether it be sports or politics, the media does distort the news. They have the worst God complex or any other entity in the world. In the Sports world, one undefeated team will not get a chance to play for the NC over a one loss USC team. That's not biased? Please

No doubt we got screwed last year, but USC deserved to be in the big game. I have nothing against USC. As far as losing a game and still playing, who's to say there'll be any unbeaten major team this season?

Guest Tigrinum Major
No doubt we got screwed last year, but USC deserved to be in the big game.  I have nothing against USC.  As far as losing a game and still playing, who's to say there'll be any unbeaten major team this season?

172223[/snapback]

Even if the Trojans lose a game, it'll most likely be considered a fluke and voters could easily have USC playing in the Rose Bowl, home of the national championship game, while an undefeated team plays elsewhere.

That was a quote from the original story, meaning if Texas and Auburn end up undefeated, but USC loses a close one against Cal, expect to see a Texas/USC matchup in the BCS Game while Auburn goes back to New Orleans.

Think that the BCS would survive then?

Why get so torqued outta place over a scribe's article? He is trying to generate controversy and readership due to it. His article doesn't say that a major school will be passed over.

If Auburn is undefeated this year, we will be in the BIG GAME, no matter what the others do. It would not be politically correct to deny us two years in a row.

I wouldn't worry a bit about the article.

Guest Tigrinum Major

You're so right, Carl.

Sorry, Legal, that is what always pops into my mind when I see your sig.

As far as getting torqued up, I am not one of the ones doing so. We have a long way to go to be back at 12-0 and denied a shot at the BCS game again. It all starts with GA Tech. Less than 30 days away.

War Eagle.

Archived