Thank God that's over. Georgia Post game thread!

autiger88

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think he’d get us raised to about what Gus had us, maybe an extra win. Maybe 9-3, with 8-4 being less common. 

So basically exactly where auburn has historically always been when hitting on all cylinders.. 8 to 9 wins and then the occassional pop year where we go all the way. Perfect. Thats what we should realistically look to attain. That said, im not a Freeze fan but i also look around the sec west and do not expect a 10 win every year coach at auburn.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

So basically exactly where auburn has historically always been when hitting on all cylinders.. 8 to 9 wins and then the occassional pop year where we go all the way. Perfect. Thats what we should realistically look to attain. That said, im not a Freeze fan but i also look around the sec west and do not expect a 10 win every year coach at auburn.

I mean, that’s the best case scenario until you have to fire him in 4 seasons, yeah. If that’s my presumed ceiling for a guy that’s a troubled hire from the jump, I don’t think I’d describe that as “perfect”. 

I don’t even know why you’d fire Gus if all you wanted is one more win most seasons. I’d hope to aspire for more than that. 

8 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I mean, that’s the best case scenario until you have to fire him in 4 seasons, yeah. If that’s my presumed ceiling for a guy that’s a troubled hire from the jump, I don’t think I’d describe that as “perfect”. 

I don’t even know why you’d fire Gus if all you wanted is one more win most seasons. I’d hope to aspire for more than that. 

We should always aspire for perfection and dominance but it needs to be tempered w realism. If we were in the acc we could see clemson level dominance that they have got to experience but we are not therefore i like to have balanced expectations and i do not believe auburn will ever be a truly dominant program. I believe we should always be a force to reckon w and always in the mix with a major season once ever 4 years 

37 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

We should always aspire for perfection and dominance but it needs to be tempered w realism. If we were in the acc we could see clemson level dominance that they have got to experience but we are not therefore i like to have balanced expectations and i do not believe auburn will ever be a truly dominant program. I believe we should always be a force to reckon w and always in the mix with a major season once ever 4 years 

So…Gus?

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

So…Gus?

Gus, Tuberville type expecations particularly in thefirst half of their coaching tenures.. Strong recruiting and a pop season ever 4 years. Obviously id love for us to grab the sec by the balls and jerk everyone around but as long as my kids get to roll toomers every year beating some teams and ever so often getting that awesome lets maybe go all the way year then i can live with that. 

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

2 smartest people on Au team.... Landen King and Zechariah Calzada

Tank needs to follow. His stock may drop, but he will have his health and still get drafted in first 3 rounds 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

We should always aspire for perfection and dominance but it needs to be tempered w realism. 

That’s…so…inspiring?

My coach is going to come and promise on the blood of his children that will burn every f’n program that dares challenge us to the ground.  

Edited by AUDevil
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Bruh🤦 

Can we please get rid of this dumbass Sunday morning!

FB_IMG_1665284792461.jpg

That's why we pay him the big bucks.?.....😆😢

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Agreed. Gus was slipping in recruiting and was no longer fooling defenses. He is perfect where he is. I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if TN manages to beat Bama and UGA. They seem to have gotten it right this time with Heupel. 

• Like 2