The laying of hands

TexasTiger

13 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

A few things about your post catch my eye.  How much of your congregation do you think shares your belief that parts of the Ten Commandments don’t apply to Christian believers?

Everyone. Is your Sabbath Friday Night and Saturday day?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Everyone. Is your Sabbath Friday Night and Saturday day?

You may want to re-examine your faith.  If you truly believe you are justified to side with baby killers because your opinion of the right is they are idol worshippers…….I don’t really know what’s going on with you, but it’s not guided by the Bible.

1 hour ago, pensacolatiger said:

You may want to re-examine your faith.  If you truly believe you are justified to side with baby killers because your opinion of the right is they are idol worshippers…….I don’t really know what’s going on with you, but it’s not guided by the Bible.

Christians are suppose to be guided by Jesus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Bible is just a mere book. It helps people find their guidance but it's no substitute for the love, kindness, and compassion taught by Jesus. We should try to be more like Jesus than following what the Bible says. 

Jesus said, “Do not judge, or you too will be judged” (Matthew 7:1) goes on to show us how to have discernment. Love is the proper motivation for not judging and for using good judgment.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

The Bible is just a mere book. It helps people find their guidance but it's no substitute for the love, kindness, and compassion taught by Jesus. We should try to be more like Jesus than following what the Bible says. 

Jesus said, “Do not judge, or you too will be judged” (Matthew 7:1) goes on to show us how to have discernment. Love is the proper motivation for not judging and for using good judgment.

How do you feel about Trump, please give a truthful explanation of your thoughts.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AUDynasty said:

Not judging at all, just offering insight.  If your biblical view is, well lots of modern day people fail at this or that commandment so I’m not going to hold myself accountable, God has a better plan for us.  

Jesus was sent to save us from our sins.  But his grace is not a reason to continue in sin.  

4 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

Yes - and where are his words recorded?

here is what i think is one of the issues with the bible. i was watching some biblical scholars on a christian special a few years back. they said the bible contained tribal histories and some "fables" as teaching moments and not all of it is the word of god. i believe them but i admit i could be wrong. they used examples but i do not remember them but i believe they were calling the bible the good book but not all in it was the word of god. i have no idea. when i tried reading the bible i understood little and quit reading it. a couple of times in fact.

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

here is what i think is one of the issues with the bible. i was watching some biblical scholars on a christian special a few years back. they said the bible contained tribal histories and some "fables" as teaching moments and not all of it is the word of god. i believe them but i admit i could be wrong. they used examples but i do not remember them but i believe they were calling the bible the good book but not all in it was the word of god. i have no idea. when i tried reading the bible i understood little and quit reading it. a couple of times in fact.

I struggled with reading the Bible too at first, I still struggle with staying focused at times.  Have you tried starting with the New Testament?  I’m not dismissing the Old Testament, it’s just the New Testament is faster paced and has more attention grabbing content.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

I struggled with reading the Bible too at first, I still struggle with staying focused at times.  Have you tried starting with the New Testament?  I’m not dismissing the Old Testament, it’s just the New Testament is faster paced and has more attention grabbing content.

my bad i hit the like button to mean yes......

6 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

Yes - and where are his words recorded?

The bible is excellent for understanding the spirit of Jesus.  However, Jesus in your heart, is the key to truly being a Christian.

Using scripture and law to deny the true spirit of God is one of the primary reasons Jesus came to earth.

Jesus only walked away from one group of people while on earth.  Those people were the self righteous, who lived by law and scripture while denying the true nature of God, those more concerned with the sin of others than, their own sin, those using religion for their own purposes.

We are all sinners.  We will all continue to sin.  We need the love and mercy of Jesus.  It is all we have.  Our commitment to Jesus is shown by our love, never by our "righteousness", certainly not by trying to point out the flaws in others.

Following Jesus is about displaying love, grace, charity, mercy.  Attempting to be "righteous" or, casting others as not being righteous is the "fools errand" of mere religion.

Scripture, man's use, man's interpretation of, are NOT God.  Jesus came to remedy this sort of thinking.  You cannot be disingenuous with God.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

How do you feel about Trump, please give a truthful explanation of your thoughts.

November 25, 2015 – At a campaign rally in South Carolina, Trump mocked New York Times reporter Serge Kovaleski, who has arthrogryposis, a congenital joint condition. “Now, the poor guy, you ought to see this guy,” Trump said, imitating Kovaleski by flailing his arms about. Trump’s ridicule of Kovaleski came after the journalist disputed Trump’s claim that he had seen thousands of Muslims in New Jersey celebrating the Sept. 11, 2001, attack on the World Trade Center — a claim that has been discredited by officials.

May 2016 – Temple Taggart, former Miss Utah in the 1997 Miss USA pageant, claimed Donald Trump sexually harassed her. Taggart said that Trump, on multiple occasions, had kissed her on the lips without her consent.

In the 2005 Access Hollywood tape, Donald Trump bragged to Billy Bush about grabbing women by their genitals without consent. In the video published by the Washington Post, Trump said, “I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it, you can do anything… grab them by the *****.” Trump said his statements were “locker room banter” and apologized “if anyone was offended.” He later issued a further response to the tape’s release, saying, “I’ve never said I’m a perfect person.”

October 11, 2016 – Tasha Dixon, a former Miss Universe contestant, accused Donald Trump of sexual misconduct. Dixon asserted that Trump walked into their changing room in 2001 while contestants were changing. On the Howard Stern Show in 2005, Trump said about the pageant, “I’ll go backstage before a show and everyone’s getting dressed and ready and everything else. And you know, no men are anywhere. And I’m allowed to go in because I’m the owner of the pageant. And therefore, I’m inspecting it. You know they’re standing there with no clothes. And you see these incredible looking women. And so I sort of get away with things like that.”

Jessica Leeds alleged Donald Trump made inappropriate sexual advances towards her. Over 30 years ago Leeds sat next to Trump on a plane, where he lifted the armrest, grabbed her breasts, and put his hand up her skirt. She described him as an “octopus,” saying, “his hands were everywhere.”

October 14, 2016 – Summer Zervos, a former contestant on The Apprentice, accused Donald Trump of sexual assault. Zervos claimed that Trump assaulted her on several occasions, kissing and grabbing her, and during one business meeting, “began thrusting his genitals.”

Is he following the Bible? Would Jesus do these things like Trump do? These are genuine, not "gotcha" questions.

Do you need more stories like this? I'm happy to share. I don't need to judge; he's showing us who he is.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

Not judging at all, just offering insight.  If your biblical view is, well lots of modern day people fail at this or that commandment so I’m not going to hold myself accountable, God has a better plan for us.  

Jesus was sent to save us from our sins.  But his grace is not a reason to continue in sin.  

3 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

Are you sure you're not judging? God always has a plan for all of us, but it's not up to you nor me to decide about accountability. That's where we need love, compassion, and kindness. To be able to listen with an open mind to people with their struggles, issues, and problems is something that we desperately need in this society. I'm not always perfect with that, but I know we can do better, and it starts with us.

Edited by AUDynasty
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

Is he following the Bible? Would Jesus do these things like Trump do? These are genuine, not "gotcha" questions.

Do you need more stories like this? I'm happy to share. I don't need to judge; he's showing us who he is.

No, these are perfect.  So because he isn’t following the Bible you judge him.  I think you’re not judging him, but you certainly are.

• Dislike 1

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

No, these are perfect.  So because he isn’t following the Bible you judge him.  I think you’re not judging him, but you certainly are.

2 hours ago, AUDynasty said:

And you've proved my point. I never said that we should follow the Bible blindly. The Bible should serve as guidance for an individual, personally, not as a driving force in how laws are written in this nation -- Jesus's love should be the way for our country. Also -- I hope you can at least listen to these victims' stories.

Instead, we should try to follow Jesus's footsteps. Love, kindness, and compassion are what we need.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Leftfield said:

I know. I don't particularly enjoy it. The main reason I respond is there are people that lurk here, so I'm trying to push back on the misinformation as much as I can, hoping it helps head it off for those who might be on the fence.

I just can't understand how so much faith has been lost in our scientific community. Certainly you should always keep a skeptical eye, but when all you do is look for the slightest crack in what they're saying, it's just absurd. There was some remarkable work done to get these vaccines ready as soon as they were, and some people flush it all away because they don't want it to be true.

The problem, as I mentioned in the other thread, is it takes nothing for these people to post these "gotcha" articles that end up being far less than they want, if they amount to anything at all. Rather than having to prove it's right, they leave it up to us to prove them wrong. "A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."

You know, I want to thank you for spending time collecting these information and citations for stuff like this. It's a lot of hard work and it can feel pointless trying, but I do appreciate your time on this. People who already have their minds closed will keep theirs closed most likely, but as long as you can help one person realize what has been done and is making amends to change, then that makes all the difference.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AUDynasty said:

And you've proved my point. I never said that we should follow the Bible blindly. The Bible should serve as guidance for an individual, personally, not as a driving force in how laws are written in this nation -- Jesus's love should be the way for our country. Also -- I hope you can at least listen to these victims' stories.

Instead, we should try to follow Jesus's footsteps. Love, kindness, and compassion are what we need.

Did you not judge Trump for his actions?  If you don’t like Trump’s actions or politics I can only assume you didn’t vote for him and judged him unfit for the office.  Is this correct?

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

The bible is excellent for understanding the spirit of Jesus.  However, Jesus in your heart, is the key to truly being a Christian.

Using scripture and law to deny the true spirit of God is one of the primary reasons Jesus came to earth.

Jesus only walked away from one group of people while on earth.  Those people were the self righteous, who lived by law and scripture while denying the true nature of God, those more concerned with the sin of others than, their own sin, those using religion for their own purposes.

We are all sinners.  We will all continue to sin.  We need the love and mercy of Jesus.  It is all we have.  Our commitment to Jesus is shown by our love, never by our "righteousness", certainly not by trying to point out the flaws in others.

Following Jesus is about displaying love, grace, charity, mercy.  Attempting to be "righteous" or, casting others as not being righteous is the "fools errand" of mere religion.

Scripture, man's use, man's interpretation of, are NOT God.  Jesus came to remedy this sort of thinking.  You cannot be disingenuous with God.

If my intent was to beat the guy up about his view, you are correct, that’s Pharisee behavior.  If my intent is to say hey brother, there’s a better way for us, I wouldn’t compare that to Pharisee behavior.  Thank God he only knows our hearts.

5 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

That's COMMUNIST baby killers.  :rolleyes:

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

You are a veritable font of inconsistencies, do you realize that? Because I am a NT Christian means I do not follow the OT laws as pertain to sacrifice etc. That doesn’t mean that I disavow OT. It is not addressed TO me. It is FOR me to understand. But not TO me to practice. Also, we live in a poly-religious democracy. We do not live in a theocracy where one side can dictate how others live. As a Christian, I am to influence others through and with my life. I am not to enforce theocratic laws from on high. Sorry, this is just not how Democracy nor Christianity works. If someone comes to Christ, it is thru their acceptance and beliefs, not because it was forced on them thru legislation. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

If my intent was to beat the guy up about his view, you are correct, that’s Pharisee behavior.  If my intent is to say hey brother, there’s a better way for us, I wouldn’t compare that to Pharisee behavior.  Thank God he only knows our hearts.

Are you a Christian or a Ruckmanite? Somehow I hear the heresies of Ruckman in all that inconsistent blather. 

32 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

You are a veritable font of inconsistencies, do you realize that? Because I am a NT Christian means I do not follow the OT laws as pertain to sacrifice etc. That doesn’t mean that I disavow OT. It is not addressed TO me. It is FOR me to understand. But not TO me to practice. Also, we live in a poly-religious democracy. We do not live in a theocracy where one side can dictate how others live. As a Christian, I am to influence others through and with my life. I am not to enforce theocratic laws from on high. Sorry, this is just not how Democracy nor Christianity works. If someone comes to Christ it is thru there acceptance and beliefs, not because it was forced on them thru legislation. 

Hey - if you’ve accepted Christ as your lord and Savior, that’s the ticket.  I just saw some things in your response that make me question what’s going on in your heart.  There seems to be some blurriness in your politics and your religion, but I don’t dislike you for it.  It’s your life, you do you

• Sad 1

I am not near as religious as you guys but my Dad told me something at young age that really had an impact on how I thought to many of these issues.

He told me that "we should not judge any person for their sins, nor should we think of them differently because of their race, sins, orientation, etc. because we are all God's children in the Lord's eyes, christian or not, pro-life or not. Everyone should be treated equally because we are all the same in God's eyes.  We should be tolerant of others because it is the responsibility of God to judge them for their sins and transgressions and Jesus taught us to love thine neighbor.  The imposition of christian beliefs onto others is a form of passing judgement as such we should refrain from doing so."

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Old Testament in a nut shell is the Israelites not following God’s law thus the results. New Testament eliminates the laws, man can go directly to Jesus.

Think you have to understand the old to accept the new.

Do you believe God’s covenant with the Israelites continue? I do