Why You Should Not Vote For Republicans

icanthearyou

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ron-johnson-joins-all-senate-republicans-to-block-bill-aimed-at-disclosing-big-political-donors-identities/ar-AA13AEqk?cvid=40fe67a64ad24205a58a80867d7873d4

Only one party wants to reform campaign finance.  Only one party supports the idea that the government should not be for sale.

Please, do not vote for pure corruption.  We need to restore the government of the people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ron-johnson-joins-all-senate-republicans-to-block-bill-aimed-at-disclosing-big-political-donors-identities/ar-AA13AEqk?cvid=40fe67a64ad24205a58a80867d7873d4

Only one party wants to reform campaign finance.  Only one party supports the idea that the government should not be for sale.

Please, do not vote for pure corruption.  We need to restore the government of the people.

I believe the two parties have proven that both want only what ideologs backing them want. The rest is just a sham. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I have no problem with disclosing big money donors. However, why wait for some bill to force a political organization to do it...they can do it now.  So which one will it be? Which party will find the higher ground and publish their list of big money donors? My bet is neigher one. So what does that say about the RNC and DNC?

Edited by creed
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Please, continue to defend the indefensible. 

The attempt to restore some integrity was introduced.  One side voted for integrity and transparency.  The other voted against.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

The attempt to restore some integrity was introduced.  One side voted for integrity and transparency.  The other voted against.

Keep defending the right to extinguish human life, because that’s at the core of democracy right?  Do babies count as people in a democracy?

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

So what does it take to get people to stop with the "Bothsidism" around here? 

Democrats push for a reform bill that most Republican voters SAY they like and encourage, but when ALL Republican politicians vote against that Bill, the excuse is

"Oh, well, Democrats didn't really want it to pass anyway" 

Or

"Well, If Democrats were serious about Reform they'd release their donor list without the need for a bill....why aren't they already doing it...I'm not giving Dems any credit cause they aren't doing it already." 

Can we use our brains here people? The Democrats realize that that reforms need to be made, but they aren't going to put themselves at a serious disadvantage by putting limits on themselves or closing campaign loopholes like this when the Republicans don't have to abide by. That's the point of the bill...force BOTH sides to do it. 

If democrats release all their big donors then Republicans will simply refuse to do the same and will then take all the information Democrats give them to campaign on and attack the big money Dem donors while protecting their own donors. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, creed said:

I have no problem with disclosing big money donors. However, why wait for some bill to force a political organization to do it...they can do it now.  So which one will it be? Which party will find the higher ground and publish their list of big money donors? My bet is neigher one. So what does that say about the RNC and DNC?

Why do you believe the Democrats aren't already taking the higher ground by introducing legislation to force BOTH SIDES to do it? 

Reform needs to be made. Democrats are trying to pass it, and Republicans are trying to block it. 

Yet, you continue with the narrative that "Both sides are just as bad as each other and neither side cares about reform" 

1 hour ago, pensacolatiger said:

Keep defending the right to extinguish human life, because that’s at the core of democracy right?  Do babies count as people in a democracy?

when you cannot defend your position you deflect. do the babies born into poverty count? you guys talk a big game but fail the kids in the long run. and alabama is dead last in taking care of babies and keeping them alive. yep. we have more infant deaths than any other state in the nation. so why is that?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

when you cannot defend your position you deflect. do the babies born into poverty count? you guys talk a big game but fail the kids in the long run. and alabama is dead last in taking care of babies and keeping them alive. yep. we have more infant deaths than any other state in the nation. so why is that?

Not deflecting, just pointing out the ridiculousness of the Dem agenda right now.  Let me ask this, if we are doing such a terrible job of caring for children in Alabama, why have an open border?  We can’t even take care of our own

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

Not deflecting, just pointing out the ridiculousness of the Dem agenda right now.  Let me ask this, if we are doing such a terrible job of caring for children in Alabama, why have an open border?  We can’t even take care of our own

two separate problems. biden appears to be acting more christ like in my opinion. these folks are running away from gangs and murder and extreme poverty. they are desperate. hell some cubans took a boat from cuba to here during a recent hurricane. that is pretty desperate. it is true and i saw it on the news. i would rather anyone try something that say screw it let em die.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

two separate problems. biden appears to be acting more christ like in my opinion. these folks are running away from gangs and murder and extreme poverty. they are desperate. hell some cubans took a boat from cuba to here during a recent hurricane. that is pretty desperate. it is true and i saw it on the news. i would rather anyone try something that say screw it let em die.

How do you think it’s two separate problems?  If we are unable or unwilling to take care of children born in this country, how are we going to become able or willing to do so for anyone that walks in?  

It’s a math problem.  A government that’s $31T under water is not prepared to do either.  Especially when they are getting us into wars we can’t afford either.

• Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

How do you think it’s two separate problems?  If we are unable or unwilling to take care of children born in this country, how are we going to become able or willing to do so for anyone that walks in?  

It’s a math problem.  A government that’s $31T under water is not prepared to do either.  Especially when they are getting us into wars we can’t afford either.

it is two different issues. come on man you can do better. do you think they would be on the same bill or something?  lmao  good grief

• Like 1

3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

If one party wants to codify this I'm okay with that, but I just have problems when it takes force to ensure integrity in politics. What does that say about politics in general?

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Democrats push for a reform bill that most Republican voters SAY they like and encourage, but when ALL Republican politicians vote against that Bill, the excuse is

Or

"Well, If Democrats were serious about Reform they'd release their donor list without the need for a bill....why aren't they already doing it...I'm not giving Dems any credit cause they aren't doing it already." 

Can we use our brains here people? The Democrats realize that that reforms need to be made, but they aren't going to put themselves at a serious disadvantage by putting limits on themselves or closing campaign loopholes like this when the Republicans don't have to abide by. That's the point of the bill...force BOTH sides to do it. 

If democrats release all their big donors then Republicans will simply refuse to do the same and will then take all the information Democrats give them to campaign on and attack the big money Dem donors while protecting their own donors. 

I stopped a long time ago. lol :) I despise them both. 

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Or

So what is the advantage? I mean it looks like both parties are going to get beat up regardless. However, if a party, in this case the democrats, want to propose/adhere to GOOD reform, the people (voters) will notice. Good reform will sway voters. Use your brains and look at various business examples. If one organization has better stuff (organization, policies, transparency, etc.) than the competition, it WINS.

If I was the head of the DNC I would follow this proposed reform, take the hit, and then publicize how the democratic party is the party of integrety and transparency and show the proof.

Edited by creed
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

You can’t be serious.

if trump can give 3.1 trillion to those already filthy rich i think the country could swing it. i mean your side is talking about extending those same tax credits again to put us deeper in the hole. good grief pen......

2 minutes ago, creed said:

So what is the advantage? I mean it looks like both parties are going to get beat up regardless. However, if a party, in this case the democrats, want to propose/adhere to GOOD reform, the people (voters) will notice. Good reform will sway voters. Use your brains and look at various business examples. If one organization has better stuff (organization, policies, transparency, etc.) than the competition it WINS.

The left is toast in this election, they e had two years and have failed at every single aspect of leadership.  We’ll be lucky to survive as a sovereign nation 2 more years.

all the right has to do is show up.  Having said that, if a new party Of cartoon characters started I’d vote for them over the cowardly republicans that cried on the corner while the country has been getting dismantled

• Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

if trump can give 3.1 trillion to those already filthy rich i think the country could swing it. i mean your side is talking about extending those same tax credits again to put us deeper in the hole. good grief pen......

Look at our gdp, then look at the $31T debt.  Then tell me how we’re going to pay for more support for unlimited illegals.

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, pensacolatiger said:

The left is toast in this election, they e had two years and have failed at every single aspect of leadership.  We’ll be lucky to survive as a sovereign nation 2 more years.

all the right has to do is show up.  Having said that, if a new party Of cartoon characters started I’d vote for them over the cowardly republicans that cried on the corner while the country has been getting dismantled

I wouldn't go beating my chest because the republicans are just as bad, if not worse. The RNC put a bad candidate in place last time, and it will be years before I trust the party. Hell, they even put an ex football player up for election and it's evident there is some head trauma in the candidate. That tells me the RNC doesn't have a freaking clue what it takes to be legit.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

Look at our gdp, then look at the $31T debt.  Then tell me how we’re going to pay for more support for unlimited illegals.

trump put a huge dent in it and that is not counting the covid thing. 3.1 trillion. trump. you know......YOUR BOY. and your people are claiming they are going to renew it which means ANOTHER 3.1 trillion dollars. have you no shame sir?

The only things this country cannot afford are:

An over class and, a government owned and manipulated by the over class.

The needs of the poor have not put this country into debt.  The whims of the capital class have put this country in debt.

Killing organized labor has done more damage to this country than perhaps any other event.  When productivity and wages decoupled, extreme inequality was sure to follow.

The over class will NEVER get enough.  They are effectively taxing every single one of us.  They have the power to control wages and prices.

It is past time to restore equality, democracy and, capitalism (real capitalism, not the idea that we are all here to serve the capital class). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

The only things this country cannot afford are:

An over class and, a government owned and manipulated by the over class.

The needs of the poor have not put this country into debt.  The whims of the capital class have put this country in debt.

Killing organized labor has done more damage to this country than perhaps any other event.  When productivity and wages decoupled, extreme inequality was sure to follow.

The over class will NEVER get enough.  They are effectively taxing every single one of us.  They have the power to control wages and prices.

It is past time to restore equality, democracy and, capitalism (real capitalism, not the idea that we are all here to serve the capital class). 

The working class was making a comeback before Herr Biden.  Now it’s on the verge of destruction.  

We actually agree on democracy and capitalism.  Equality, it seems you are looking for income equality.  Which is great, until you look to the villains in charge now to fix what they purposely broke.

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

The working class was making a comeback before Herr Biden.  Now it’s on the verge of destruction.  

We actually agree on democracy and capitalism.  Equality, it seems you are looking for income equality.  Which is great, until you look to the villains in charge now to fix what they purposely broke.

I don't think you know what you are saying. You do realize Trumps tax cuts only benefitted the upper class right? How was that helping out the working class again? Seems to me like the inequality grew tremendously under Trump. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arein0 said:

I don't think you know what you are saying. You do realize Trumps tax cuts only benefitted the upper class right? How was that helping out the working class again? Seems to me like the inequality grew tremendously under Trump. 

BS. All brackets benefitted with lower brackets having a larger percentage than upper brackets.  Tax cuts were across the board.

• Dislike 1