Why You Should Not Vote For Republicans

icanthearyou

8 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

BS. All brackets benefitted with lower brackets having a larger percentage than upper brackets.  Tax cuts were across the board.

For income tax, sure everyone recieved a lower tax rate. The biggest issue was the corporate tax rate dropped from 35% to 21% under the mirage of trickle down economics. The problem is that trickle down economics doesn't work when you have a greedy over class. They have shown time and time again, they will pocket most of their benefits.

So while yes you have been led to believe that the tax reforms were beneficial to all, it was highly skewed to the 1%

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, arein0 said:

For income tax, sure everyone recieved a lower tax rate. The biggest issue was the corporate tax rate dropped from 35% to 21% under the mirage of trickle down economics. The problem is that trickle down economics doesn't work when you have a greedy over class. They have shown time and time again, they will pocket most of their benefits.

So while yes you have been led to believe that the tax reforms were beneficial to all, it was highly skewed to the 1%

I wasn’t led anywhere. What does corporate taxes have to do with federal income tax. All they do is pass it down to the consumer. That’s why low is better. Raise it all you want and you hurt everybody and the lower classes worst.  If you give tax breaks to everybody then rich people get them too. They make more, pay more, and save more. 40% pay nothing. Sucking the teat. Rich people pay for them to enjoy their life. Rich people give people jobs, and make stuff that makes our life better. Poor people do not give people jobs. If you want to destroy rich people by making them poor like everybody else, you will destroy the country.  Oh wait, that is the goal of the left democrat party. 

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

I wasn’t led anywhere. What does corporate taxes have to do with federal income tax. All they do is pass it down to the consumer. That’s why low is better. Raise it all you want and you hurt everybody and the lower classes worst.  If you give tax breaks to everybody then rich people get them too. They make more, pay more, and save more. 40% pay nothing. Sucking the teat. Rich people pay for them to enjoy their life. Rich people give people jobs, and make stuff that makes our life better. Poor people do not give people jobs. If you want to destroy rich people by making them poor like everybody else, you will destroy the country.  Oh wait, that is the goal of the left democrat party. 

Hmmm let me ask you this then. Since they lowered the corporate tax, which in your opinion lowers prices, why have all of the prices gone up since the tax break was put in place? 

I dont think anyone is wanting to make them poor. The problem is that share of the US wealth is rapidly growing for the upper class and rapidly shrinking for the middle class. Lowering the corporate tax by 14% only makes that gap increase more rapidly, and here's why. Corporations are no longer sharing excess revenue with employees (yes they will give bonuses to select positions), they are sharing the excess revenue with shareholders via dividends. You know who owns a majority of the shares? That's right the top 1% further increasing the gap.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, arein0 said:

I don't think you know what you are saying. You do realize Trumps tax cuts only benefitted the upper class right? How was that helping out the working class again? Seems to me like the inequality grew tremendously under Trump. 

Wrong, the biggest cuts were for the middle brackets.  See below……

https://smartasset.com/taxes/trump-tax-brackets

• Dislike 1

20 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Please, continue to defend the indefensible. 

The attempt to restore some integrity was introduced.  One side voted for integrity and transparency KNOWING IT WOULD NEVER PASS.  The other voted against.

ichy, I have been watching politics long enough to know NEVER believe the words, always follow the actions.

I am voting Dem for the ACA, and even when the Dems betrayed working people on nothing more than a vote for a minimum wage hike. We couldnt even get a vote that was promised to us.

Am I butthurt about the betrayal? Sure nuff. But i will hold my nose and vote Dem.

9 hours ago, arein0 said:

Hmmm let me ask you this then. Since they lowered the corporate tax, which in your opinion lowers prices, why have all of the prices gone up since the tax break was put in place? 

I dont think anyone is wanting to make them poor. The problem is that share of the US wealth is rapidly growing for the upper class and rapidly shrinking for the middle class. Lowering the corporate tax by 14% only makes that gap increase more rapidly, and here's why. Corporations are no longer sharing excess revenue with employees (yes they will give bonuses to select positions), they are sharing the excess revenue with shareholders via dividends. You know who owns a majority of the shares? That's right the top 1% further increasing the gap.

I said corporations will pass tax increases on to consumers.  What you are describing is a different problem. I totally agree that upper level management is greedy and prioritizes profits over everything.  Maximize profits for the shareholders is the mantra. The only way to change that is to not buy their product. They will have to lower their price. People don’t do that. They have enough money to just buy it instead of refusing to pay the price. I don’t like the income gap either.  You are complaining about a problem but not offering a quantifiable solution. The top 1% owns ??X% of all the wealth. What do you propose is the proper balance to the equation. Some people will always be rich because they work harder, innovate, or yes, expand on generational wealth provided by ancestors who did the same.  What % owning what % will make liberals shut their pie holes about wealth distribution? Nobody on this forum has proposed any target % or how to get there. If you have one please share. So far the only proposal seems to be to lower the wealth of rich people by redistribution of wealth. Spread the misery. Communism. 

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

ICHY downvoting because facts are tough

Again, you are lying.  You are now considered a blatant liar.

The only other option is that you do not understand math.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Again, you are lying.  You are now considered a blatant liar.

The only other option is that you do not understand math.

Maybe you should follow the link and research a little more.  Instead of balancing on your wobbly stool

4 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

I said corporations will pass tax increases on to consumers.  What you are describing is a different problem. I totally agree that upper level management is greedy and prioritizes profits over everything.  Maximize profits for the shareholders is the mantra. The only way to change that is to not buy their product. They will have to lower their price. People don’t do that. They have enough money to just buy it instead of refusing to pay the price. I don’t like the income gap either.  You are complaining about a problem but not offering a quantifiable solution. The top 1% owns ??X% of all the wealth. What do you propose is the proper balance to the equation. Some people will always be rich because they work harder, innovate, or yes, expand on generational wealth provided by ancestors who did the same.  What % owning what % will make liberals shut their pie holes about wealth distribution? Nobody on this forum has proposed any target % or how to get there. If you have one please share. So far the only proposal seems to be to lower the wealth of rich people by redistribution of wealth. Spread the misery. Communism. 

That 1st statement is the biggest myth. Sure in theory they could raise the price as tax rates increase, but why when tax cuts happen they dont lower the price.

Imo the piece of information you are missing is that the top 1% wealth isnt tied to income. So while yes everyone getting a small income tax cut is great, the issue that you are missing is the corporate tax cuts dropping tremendously. The top 1% wealth is directly tied to corporations. Cutting everyone's tax rate 2-4% is terrible in comparison to the 14% the top 1% is getting.

As for a solution, keep the tax rate for corporations and the upper class high. You could even put a $ threshold on net worth where you start taxing the net worth.  Use the extra revenue for welfare programs to support the people in need of help, Increase civil services salary, make education free.

We should be striving to make America a better place for everyone, not the top 1%.

I think you need a refresher on what Communism actually is. Communism is everyone does their job and makes the exact same as everyone else regardless of performance. That obviously doesn't work as people will take advantage and lose productivity. Nobody is wanting Communism. 

Pure Capitalism is also a problem. In theory Pure Capitalism is great, competition is used to keep prices down. The problems start to occur when Monopolies start to happen, cooperation between competitors to keep the price high, and it usually results in an accumulation of wealth.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

By not taxing the truly wealthy, we are over taxing the upper middle class.  Historically, the upper middle class has been the source of small business and employment.

You are sadly misinformed in regard to taxation.

21 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

The only things this country cannot afford are:

An over class and, a government owned and manipulated by the over class.

The needs of the poor have not put this country into debt.  The whims of the capital class have put this country in debt.

Killing organized labor has done more damage to this country than perhaps any other event.  When productivity and wages decoupled, extreme inequality was sure to follow.

The over class will NEVER get enough.  They are effectively taxing every single one of us.  They have the power to control wages and prices.

It is past time to restore equality, democracy and, capitalism (real capitalism, not the idea that we are all here to serve the capital class). 

Wtg Ichy!