Nice Dunn Read

quietfan

http://www.al.com/sportsflash/auburn/index...torylist=auburn

...The run-in with the law turned away a lot of schools that were recruiting Dunn, Georgia's all-classification player of the year at Laney High School in Augusta. But the Tigers offered him a scholarship after receivers coach Greg Knox came away from a visit convinced he was a good bet.

"We do very thorough background checks, especially with guys who have had problems," Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville said. "I'm not going to bring anybody to Auburn who doesn't fit in with what we do. We were very careful on this one.

"He had a year to do things the right way, to change his life, and he did."

Dunn said he won't make excuses for his misdeeds.

"I was basically hanging with the wrong crowd. It was just one bad decision," he said. "I'm not going to go into the 'everybody makes mistakes' thing but it was a mistake that I shouldn't have made. I paid for it. I'm just ready to move on and start all over here at Auburn."

"I'm probably the biggest competitor that you'll ever meet. I never quit," Dunn said. "I'm the type that if I'm down 12 points with two minutes left, I'm going to fight. I've got a big heart. I'm always willing to help out my teammates."

Dunn said he "greatly appreciates" Auburn coming to meet him, something he said many schools didn't do.

"The newspaper articles can (say) one thing, but when you come down and meet someone face to face, it's a totally different situation," he said. "I was real thankful for them coming down and giving me the opportunity to come down and explain my story to the university as well as Coach Tuberville.

"They saw that I wasn't that type of person and they decided to give me a chance. I'm going to make them real proud."

I keep liking what I read about his attitude. Sounds like someone who has really grown up after some earlier mistakes.

http://www.al.com/sportsflash/auburn/index...torylist=auburn
...The run-in with the law turned away a lot of schools that were recruiting Dunn, Georgia's all-classification player of the year at Laney High School in Augusta. But the Tigers offered him a scholarship after receivers coach Greg Knox came away from a visit convinced he was a good bet.

"We do very thorough background checks, especially with guys who have had problems," Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville said. "I'm not going to bring anybody to Auburn who doesn't fit in with what we do. We were very careful on this one.

"He had a year to do things the right way, to change his life, and he did."

Dunn said he won't make excuses for his misdeeds.

"I was basically hanging with the wrong crowd. It was just one bad decision," he said. "I'm not going to go into the 'everybody makes mistakes' thing but it was a mistake that I shouldn't have made. I paid for it. I'm just ready to move on and start all over here at Auburn."

"I'm probably the biggest competitor that you'll ever meet. I never quit," Dunn said. "I'm the type that if I'm down 12 points with two minutes left, I'm going to fight. I've got a big heart. I'm always willing to help out my teammates."

Dunn said he "greatly appreciates" Auburn coming to meet him, something he said many schools didn't do.

"The newspaper articles can (say) one thing, but when you come down and meet someone face to face, it's a totally different situation," he said. "I was real thankful for them coming down and giving me the opportunity to come down and explain my story to the university as well as Coach Tuberville.

"They saw that I wasn't that type of person and they decided to give me a chance. I'm going to make them real proud."

I keep liking what I read about his attitude. Sounds like someone who has really grown up after some earlier mistakes.

172412[/snapback]

Yeah, I got the same impression from an article/interview that O/A News did with him. He seems to have gotten his head on straight now and wil be a fantastic Auburn man!!!

Yeah we keep getting more and more good news about his character and his abilities as a football player. I am glad to see he has gotten his life straight, should be a good Auburn man.

Archived