Thoughts on Texas A&M game

Taker

Better offensive execution out of the gate. Continued adjustments and a team playing fast and hitting hard. I think we gave a good shot at winning this one. 

• Like 4

Winner gets out of the cellar in the SEC West. Not a great thing to be playing for.

As we saw Saturday, wanting to play and win goes a long way, maybe AU can pull it off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Winner gets out of the cellar in the SEC West. Not a great thing to be playing for.

As we saw Saturday, wanting to play and win goes a long way, maybe AU can pull it off.

I want this one for Cadillac so bad!

• Like 6

Harsin got $15 million to leave and, in turn, we got a decimated roster and half a coaching staff. 

It's not fair to expect too much from Caddy. He walked into a complete s*** show. 

But there's no doubt the team looked better under his leadership last game.

And the only team in the SEC West in worse shape than us is ... Texas A&M. Imagine being stuck with Jimbo's buyout and his results. 

So I'll predict we pull this one off at home. And I'll be fine if we don't, if we show the same fight we did against MS State. 

• Like 5

I look for aTm to get their sick players back this game and beat Auburn.   They will have film on how Robbie was used against MSU.   I think Auburn will play hard but don’t think it will be enough.  I just don’t think Auburn is very good in any phase of the game.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kentucky Tiger said:

Time to break out Holden at QB

Please explain how a true freshman, who is not mobile, would be a better option behind our horrible line play??? Inquiring minds want to know. 

Edited by maryland tiger
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Unless aTm implodes and hands us a bunch of turnovers or something (which is entirely possible), I'd expect them to win the game. 

It's really a toss up, but aTm does have a loaded roster of young  5-stars, so I think they'll have the leg up on our relatively depleted team. I expect AU will play hard and give them a fight though. 

12 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Unless aTm implodes and hands us a bunch of turnovers or something (which is entirely possible), I'd expect them to win the game. 

It's really a toss up, but aTm does have a loaded roster of young  5-stars, so I think they'll have the leg up on our relatively depleted team. I expect AU will play hard and give them a fight though. 

With numerous season-ending injuries, 3 indefinite suspensions, the fact they, like Auburn are 3-6 (1-5) in conference, have demonstrated poor defense, betting line favors AU by 2, and we're now ready to fight cage match style, I like our odds. Oh, and Jimbo.

Edited by AUx
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

If you haven’t been watching, they have imploded. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

Yeah I got you. I think Auburn has a very real chance of winning, but at the same time I'm not 'expecting' Auburn to win. We'll see what happens.

May even end up going to this game. I'll see.  

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

He could play this game and the bama game (doubt we’ll need him for the WKU game) and still preserve his red shirt I believe. 

I wouldnt put Holden out there against Bama, regardless of how poorly they may be playing at the moment. 

5 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

They lost at Florida due to have a great deal of players out from flu. They will probably be back for our game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

They lost at Florida due to have a great deal of players out from flu. They will probably be back for our game.

I’m sure that had a lot to do with their other 5 losses this season. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Jimbo stinks as a play caller but they’ve had an awful year with injuries. They are playing with their 3d string QB, lost a star player in Anais Smith, started 3 freshman o linemen on the road for a couple of games, and have played 32 freshmen this year. Including 22 true freshmen. Last week between flu and injuries they were missing 30 members of their roster. 

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

No, but they played both Bama and Ole Miss very close (both good teams). Their freshman QB is getting better each game it serms. I think it is going to be tougher game than MSU.