Way too much sugar in this Koolaid

StatTiger

Subject: Watched some of S cal practice today...

Posted By: Pocketpitty Registered User

Posted At: 8/5/05 10:53:17 am

I tried to compare their guys to our guys since they are the incumbant NC and a favorite for that again this year....

And a NC is where we are going so I thought it would be interesting to try and figure how we would match up with these guys......

The biggest advantage they may have would be on the line of scrimmage where they are really , really good. Probably a little better than us at OL & DL in general. Ol in particular, but not so much on the DL..... a bit closer I think.

ALL the other positions including the Heisman winner, IMO are NO better than Alabama's players.

I wouldnt trade a healthy Brodie for anyone.

Our receivers are just as good. Reggie Busch & Lendale White are really good too , but KD brings a better running style for day to day running while Bush is not a between the tackles guy... Lendale White is good, but KD , RU & one more of ours match up real well as far as talent goes... I wouldnt trade our guys for their guys.

At TE , I think we are putting together maybe the best TE group we have ever had, and most are eventually headed to the NFL & we might be better than SC at that spot ... some will not agree, thats ok , its my humble opinion though...

Our LB's and DB's are as good & "maybe" even just a hair better....... either way , we match up well in ALL those spots too....

Kicking game --- until we see the games in the Fall , I have to give that to Southern Cal but S Cal doesnt worry too much about punting or winning games with FG's so maybe we match up even if the Fall produces the best kickers as I believe it will for us....

All in all , I am sure if we played S Cal, they would be favored by most but I guarantee we would NOT get blown out like OKL did.... in fact, if our OL played a little over their head , I would guess we would have a decent chance to beat them...

Nobody has to believe it or agree, but I feel we are closer to some championships than some realize..... just a couple or 3 players away I think.... for 2006 QB will be the ? and a couple of spots on the DL & OL , hosses we can count on when we need the protection or a couple yards, and we are there.....

Some say S Cal has the greatest talent in the country & that is probably true , but we IMO are only 1 small step behind...& headed towards making up that step.... 

Subject:  Watched some of S cal practice today...

Posted By:  Pocketpitty Registered User

Posted At:  8/5/05 10:53:17 am 

I tried to compare their guys to our guys since they are the incumbant NC and a favorite for that again this year....

And a NC is where we are going so I thought it would be interesting to try and figure how we would match up with these guys......

The biggest advantage they may have would be on the line of scrimmage where they are really , really good. Probably a little better than us at OL & DL in general. Ol in particular, but not so much on the DL..... a bit closer I think.

ALL the other positions including the Heisman winner, IMO are NO better than Alabama's players.

Our receivers are just as good. Reggie Busch & Lendale White are really good too , but KD brings a better running style for day to day running while Bush is not a between the tackles guy... Lendale White is good, but KD , RU & one more of ours match up real well as far as talent goes... I wouldnt trade our guys for their guys.

At TE , I think we are putting together maybe the best TE group we have ever had, and most are eventually headed to the NFL & we might be better than SC at that spot ... some will not agree, thats ok , its my humble opinion though...

Our LB's and DB's are as good & "maybe" even just a hair better....... either way , we match up well in ALL those spots too....

Kicking game --- until we see the games in the Fall , I have to give that to Southern Cal but S Cal doesnt worry too much about punting or winning games with FG's so maybe we match up even if the Fall produces the best kickers as I believe it will for us....

All in all , I am sure if we played S Cal, they would be favored by most but I guarantee we would NOT get blown out like OKL did.... in fact, if our OL played a little over their head , I would guess we would have a decent chance to beat them...

Nobody has to believe it or agree, but I feel we are closer to some championships than some realize..... just a couple or 3 players away I think.... for 2006 QB will be the ? and a couple of spots on the DL & OL , hosses we can count on when we need the protection or a couple yards, and we are there.....

Some say S Cal has the greatest talent in the country & that is probably true , but we IMO are only 1 small step behind...& headed towards making up that step.... 

172776[/snapback]

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Bama..hahahaha...has some good players,no doubt...snicker-chuckle...but this guy...snort...giggle...is off his rocker if he thinks they will...snicker...be NC bound or give USC a good game.

I think UAT goes 9-3 or 10-2. But the Rose Bowl they will not see this year. Unless you count TV.

:blink::blink::blink:

ML has a career QB rating of 160.45 and 71 TD's to 15 picks.

BC has a career QB rating of 125.52 and 27 TD's to 18 picks.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

What a returd!

172776[/snapback]

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Bama..hahahaha...has some good players,no doubt...snicker-chuckle...but this guy...snort...giggle...is off his rocker if he thinks they will...snicker...be NC bound or give USC a good game.

I think UAT goes 9-3 or 10-2. But the Rose Bowl they will not see this year. Unless you count TV.

172780[/snapback]

MDM, Bama has to play Florida, Tennessee, LSU & AUBURN. In order to go 9 - 3 they will have to beat one of those four teams. To go 10 - 2 they would have to win two of those games. Which of those four games do you think BAMA can/will win? Just curious.

Bamar goes 7-4 (8-3 tops), and loses to some big 10 team in a 2nd or 3rd tier bowl. "So let it be written, so let it be done."

:au::homer:

MDM, Bama has to play Florida, Tennessee, LSU & AUBURN.  In order to go 9 - 3 they will have to beat one of those four teams.  To go 10 - 2 they would have to win two of those games.  Which of those four games do you think BAMA can/will win?  Just curious.

172784[/snapback]

Bama will likely beat UF due to the fact they play at West Vance. UF, with the new system, may be susceptible to an upset here. If UT and LSU aren't what they are billed as, they too could fall. They both travel to West Vance as well. Then I predict Bama going to a bowl (certainly not in Pasadena or New Orleans) and winning. Of course that may be quite a stretch considering I've no idea who they would play in said bowl.

MDM, Bama has to play Florida, Tennessee, LSU & AUBURN.  In order to go 9 - 3 they will have to beat one of those four teams.  To go 10 - 2 they would have to win two of those games.  Which of those four games do you think BAMA can/will win?  Just curious.

172784[/snapback]

Bama will likely beat UF due to the fact they play at West Vance. UF, with the new system, may be susceptible to an upset here. If UT and LSU aren't what they are billed as, they too could fall. They both travel to West Vance as well. Then I predict Bama going to a bowl (certainly not in Pasadena or New Orleans) and winning. Of course that may be quite a stretch considering I've no idea who they would play in said bowl.

172799[/snapback]

That is certainly a possible scenario. I too think Bama will be better than they have been the past two years. Shula needs a signature win, so why not the mighty swamp lizards from Gainesville. LSU plays Florida, AUBURN and then Bama. LSU do have an off week before the Bama game, but they could be beat up pretty bad by that time, and if Brodie is still healthy, look out.

They had 3 losses of 8 pts or less last season and 6 the year before. Staying healthy and a few breaks and Bama could have posted a 9-3 season last year and a 10-3 mark the year before. I know the same could be said for other teams but my point is that they have been competitive in most of their losses. I agree that Shula needs a signature win in his 3rd season.

Realistic bama preview

Flea' d & slightly modified...

"Watched some of MTSU practice today...

I tried to compare their guys to bama guys since they are the middle of the pack Sun Belt conference and a favorite for that again this year....

And mediocrity is where bama is going so I thought it would be interesting to try and figure how bama would match up with these guys......

The biggest advantage they may have would be on the line of scrimmage where they are really , really good. Probably a little better than bama at OL & DL in general. Ol in particular, but not so much on the DL..... a bit closer I think.

ALL the other positions including the record-settting QB, IMO are NO better than Alabama's players.

bammer's receivers are just as good. Their RB's are really good too , but KD brings a better running style for day to day running while Ralph King is not a between the tackles guy... Nick McAfee is good, but KD , RU & one more of bama's match up real well as far as talent goes... I wouldnt trade bama's guys for their guys.

At TE , I think bama is putting together maybe the best TE group bama has ever had, and most are eventually headed to the NFL & the crimson tahd might be better than MTSU at that spot ... some will not agree, thats ok , its my humble opinion though...

Bama's LB's and DB's are as good & "maybe" even just a hair better....... either way , we match up well in ALL those spots too....

Kicking game --- until we see the games in the Fall , I have to give that to MTSU but MTSU doesnt worry too much about punting or winning games with FG's so maybe bama matches up even(ly) if the Fall produces the best kickers as I believe it will for the crimpsun-clad elephants....

All in all , I am sure when bama plays MTSU, MTSU would be favored by most but I guarantee bama would NOT get blown out like Akron did (in the season opener last year).... in fact, if Alabama's OL played a little over their head , I would guess bama would have a decent chance to beat them...

Nobody has to believe it or agree, but I feel bama is closer to some championships than some realize..... just a couple or 3 players away I think.... for 2006 QB will be the ? and a couple of spots on the DL & OL , hosses we can count on when bama needs the protection or a couple yards, and bama is there.....

Some say MTSU has the best talent in their conference & that is probably true , but bama, IMO, is only 1 small step behind...& headed towards making up that step.... "

Realistic bama preview

I tried to compare their guys to bama guys since they are the middle of the pack Sun Belt conference and a favorite for that again this year....

And mediocrity is where bama is going so I thought it would be interesting to try and figure how bama would match up with these guys......

The biggest advantage they may have would be on the line of scrimmage where they are really , really good. Probably a little better than bama at OL & DL in general. Ol in particular, but not so much on the DL..... a bit closer I think.

ALL the other positions including the record-settting QB, IMO are NO better than Alabama's players.

bammer's receivers are just as good. Their RB's are really good too , but KD brings a better running style for day to day running while Ralph King is not a between the tackles guy... Nick McAfee is good, but KD , RU & one more of bama's match up real well as far as talent goes... I wouldnt trade bama's guys for their guys.

At TE , I think bama is putting together maybe the best TE group bama has ever had, and most are eventually headed to the NFL & the crimson tahd might be better than MTSU at that spot ... some will not agree, thats ok , its my humble opinion though...

Bama's LB's and DB's are as good & "maybe" even just a hair better....... either way , we match up well in ALL those spots too....

Kicking game --- until we see the games in the Fall , I have to give that to MTSU but MTSU doesnt worry too much about punting or winning games with FG's so maybe bama matches up even(ly) if the Fall produces the best kickers as I believe it will for the crimpsun-clad elephants....

All in all , I am sure when bama plays MTSU, MTSU would be favored by most but I guarantee bama would NOT get blown out like Akron did (in the season opener last year).... in fact, if Alabama's OL played a little over their head , I would guess bama would have a decent chance to beat them...

Nobody has to believe it or agree, but I feel bama is closer to some championships than some realize..... just a couple or 3 players away I think.... for 2006 QB will be the ? and a couple of spots on the DL & OL , hosses we can count on when bama needs the protection or a couple yards, and bama is there.....

Some say MTSU has the best talent in their conference & that is probably true , but bama, IMO, is only 1 small step behind...& headed towards making up that step.... "

172820[/snapback]

172776[/snapback]

:blink:

They bought tickets to the game already?

:iamwithstupid: where. . . how. . . what. . . :headscratch: .... have another my friend and another :cheers: it will help that 7-5 record UAT will have go down smooth. :beer2::cheers:

Realistic bama preview

172820[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:au::homer:

A healthy bama has a shot at 9-2...a healhty bama would still lose by 10-14 points to USC

172798[/snapback]

SC by 14 points?....IN THE FIRST QUARTER!

Start up the jukebox, here are a couple of songs to play for UAT:

"Dream Weaver"

"Living on a Prayer"

Anyone care to add other titles for the UAT jukebox?

Archived