Monte Kiffen

augrad68

Monte George Kiffin is an American football coach. He is currently a player personnel analyst at Ole Miss for his son, Lane Kiffin. He is widely considered to be one of the preeminent defensive coordinators in modern football, as well as one of the greatest defensive coordinators in NFL history.

Do you think he would be a package deal with Lane?

Just now, augrad68 said:

Monte George Kiffin is an American football coach. He is currently a player personnel analyst at Ole Miss for his son, Lane Kiffin. He is widely considered to be one of the preeminent defensive coordinators in modern football, as well as one of the greatest defensive coordinators in NFL history.

Does the pope wear a funny hat ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, augrad68 said:

Probably not he is in his 80s.  From what I hear he was the architect of the Tampa 2 defense.

I would imagine Lane would give him at least an analyst spot as its almost guaranteed Monte would move here with him.

Monte has moved with Lane at each spot he’s been at except Bama because Monte was with the Cowboys and Jaguars those years. 

• Like 1

Don't want as a coordinator...or input into our D really.  Yeah he did the Tampa 2 but his is more Bend don't break D.  At least in my opinion of watching him for years.

Wherever Lane is his Dad will have a comfortable seat with the best view and he’ll be advising on defense strategy and personnel. Until he is no longer interested or able. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Don't want as a coordinator...or input into our D really.  Yeah he did the Tampa 2 but his is more Bend don't break D.  At least in my opinion of watching him for years.

Well I don’t think you have to worry about him being a coordinator because Lane fired him when he was at USC and since then he’s basically been in a lower level position like analyst, etc.

6 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

Auburn torched that monte defense when lane was at ut 

I saw many teams torch his D once they figured it out when he was at Tampa...

Auburn should pass on the Kiffin's. The game of the 2020's has long passed Monte by. Lame has been shown the door at Tennessee, Southern Cal and the LA Raiders, but since he did a cliff notes course in Tuscaloosa, and a short stint in Oxford (Oh I forgot FA), he is the flavor of the month. Marcus Satterfield now looks like Bill Walsh, hasn't been left at a bus station, or on a tarmac, and would be much cheaper than Kiffin to call plays. Bring Joe Brady back from the NFL.