The backlash will be really bad

gr82b4au

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Probably the High School girl he made change in front of him then paddled her on her ass.

IDK, it is against the law to intimidate someone who has a lawsuit against your school and disgusting AD from Baylor?

when i was in school male teachers paddled the girls. and someone on here said the kid was asked about it and said she had no problem with it or him. maybe you need to go research it and get all the facts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

The backlash will be terrible I would guess, but I can’t speak for everyone else. I can only speak for myself and do what’s right for me. For me, I work in ministry and because of this hire I can no longer have my name associated with Auburn University.  The amount of compromise required to do so for me would undermine everything I stand for and believe in. So this will be my last post. I’ve already messaged the mods and requested my account be deleted. Good bye. Best of luck to all of you. 

why does he not deserve a chance at redemption? this saddens me especially with you in ministry. you minister to folks and not turn your back on them.

I think some of you are rationalizing away and underestimating the divide this will create. All counting on the fact that no one's convictions can withstand a taste of success. That's a sad story in itself, but for another time.

This was a downright awful hire, in almost every category. Best Coach available? No. Coach that can build unity at Auburn and spark passion in the fanbase? No. Coach without baggage and drama? No. Hire that raises the prestige, reputation and image of the school? No. I'm actually amazed at the hypocrisy it takes for Cohen to even make this hire, as he was involved with turning Freeze in for his cheating scandals in the first place. 

Literally worst possible hire we could have made.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 3

48 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Twitter is a very bad place to take anecdotal evidence from, but the portion of the fanbase arguing over there has created an almost political environment, meaning those against Freeze for moral reasons are just "woke" liberals and those for him are misogynistic enablers.  For what it's worth, I don't like him because of his character or past, AND I don't like him for his coaching career.  Everyone saying "But he wins!", wins what?  Beats Saban at almost Malzahn regularity, wins less games than Gus.  This is a fanbase clinging to a big name because anyone other than a big name would have been seen by Monday morning quarterbacks as an assault on the "prestige" of Auburn University.  Well, get ready for a new national opinion on Auburn prestige...

I don't disagree with your opinion of Freeze. But I listened to national media this afternoon and it was neutral to positive. The most negative opinions I've read are right here. And they all may be correct. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt while I wait and see. Like I did Gus and Harsin and everyone else since Shug. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

someone on here said the kid was asked about it and said she had no problem with it

“He didn’t do anything sexual. But I stood in the corner and faced the wall when I did it and I changed out of my shirt. No privacy.’’

condition of anonymity because she said she fears reprisal. “I was humiliated that he didn't have a female in the room.

said she found Freeze’s method of discipline “shocking.’’

Yes...this sounds like these 3 women were tots cool with it

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

why does he not deserve a chance at redemption? this saddens me especially with you in ministry. you minister to folks and not turn your back on them.

Redemption has nothing to do with coaching football.  What has HF done to indicate any sort of remorse whatsoever?

Of course the backlash will die down. Unless something comes out that was missed during vetting, this will be sort of over in 2 weeks. However, our brand will be lessened,  it looks desperate, and the snide jokes are here to stay. Imo we just had a very bad day. We’ll spin it up and we’ll get through it, but wow.

btw living in Atlanta, I can tell you the uga fans are relieved and giddy with the hire.  Let’s hope they’re wrong.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i already feel better. i refuse to let anyone person make me ever turn my back on auburn. they are and have always been my heart. we can bitch and cry and moan or try some forgiveness since this has always seemed to be a christian site for the most part for me. there is nothing we can do but make sure if he fails we did every single thing we could to support him. people are human. forgiveness is what it is about. if he lets us down we pray he does better down the road. but folks need to remember this is kiffs fault. he agreed and then broke his  his word and left us hanging.

Agree on almost everything (you said a lot if rally important stuff in there) but the Kiffin angle. It is more likely that we negotiated with him while also negotiating with our other top 5 candidates and both decided it wouldn’t work out. It has already been stated that AU said no to Kiffin based upon his request for an unreasonable buyout clause (not sure what I read in here is true anymore). At least we learned something from Gus!  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

Redemption has nothing to do with coaching football.  What has HF done to indicate any sort of remorse whatsoever?

you do not think he cleaned his act up? and you do not think he knows how close he will be watched? you got me wrong ichy. freeze was not in my top three or probably four but i do think everyone deserves redemption. he gets a chance to mentor these kids.

Judges everywhere. I don't want to pretend I know the man........but Coach Sleeze better keep his eye on the ball here. I expect he will. 

Just now, jw 4 au said:

Agree on almost everything (you said a lot if rally important stuff in there) but the Kiffin angle. It is more likely that we negotiated with him while also negotiating with our other top 5 candidates and both decided it wouldn’t work out. It has already been stated that AU said no to Kiffin based upon his request for an unreasonable buyout clause (not sure what I read in here is true anymore). At least we learned something from Gus!  

there is a lot flying around. but it was said on here somewhere they agreed verbally and and afterwards he came back and wanted more money. i have no idea if it was buyout or more poor year. maybe he used it to get out of his agreement? i admit i could be wrong but others have seconded the more money after the agreement. maybe one day we will find out huh?

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

“He didn’t do anything sexual. But I stood in the corner and faced the wall when I did it and I changed out of my shirt. No privacy.’’

condition of anonymity because she said she fears reprisal. “I was humiliated that he didn't have a female in the room.

She clearly said he didn’t do anything sexual. Would I have done the same thing no. Not sure how long ago this was but when I was in school it wasn’t gender specific for paddling.U also left out the part of the school said no wrongdoing. 

Edited by e808
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

thank you for sharing this

26 minutes ago, Guest MustardSeed said:

The backlash will be terrible I would guess, but I can’t speak for everyone else. I can only speak for myself and do what’s right for me. For me, I work in ministry and because of this hire I can no longer have my name associated with Auburn University.  The amount of compromise required to do so for me would undermine everything I stand for and believe in. So this will be my last post. I’ve already messaged the mods and requested my account be deleted. Good bye. Best of luck to all of you. 

Go ahead and Cast the first stone there buddy…

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

35 minutes ago, auburndkel said:

I hope it’s bad and severe enough to see Freeze never set foot on the plains. We sold out. It’s the same sicko no other FBS school would touch with a 25-foot pole, and AU is about to put his face on the front of AU Football. AU Creed?  Rewrite that thing. I graduated a long time ago. I never thought I’d see Auburn stoop this low. And for those of y’all who’ll down vote me, my option is based on the whole Freeze resume, and it’s just my opinion. The bottom line is that people who really care, people with time, love and experience invested should matter…we don’t. 

Except Saban and several other schools tried to hire him 🥱

36 minutes ago, auburndkel said:

I hope it’s bad and severe enough to see Freeze never set foot on the plains. We sold out. It’s the same sicko no other FBS school would touch with a 25-foot pole, and AU is about to put his face on the front of AU Football. AU Creed?  Rewrite that thing. I graduated a long time ago. I never thought I’d see Auburn stoop this low. And for those of y’all who’ll down vote me, my option is based on the whole Freeze resume, and it’s just my opinion. The bottom line is that people who really care, people with time, love and experience invested should matter…we don’t. 

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

2 weeks til this is old news.

Yeah, I’m not hearing much at all from the outside. And I think once he gets his ace staff in place and gets a few big name recruits on board, all the self-righteous hypocritical posters on this board will either A. Go back to their bama boards because they were just trolling.   B.  Settle down and realize they were overreacting.  Or C.  Stay off the boards to prove their self righteousness is more important than their loyalty to Auburn.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, auburndkel said:

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Go ahead and Cast the first stone there buddy…

Bro literally the entire point of assessing a coaching candidate is to JUDGE THEM. On the basis of their character, their ability to recruit, their ability to develop talent for the NFL, the success of the their teams. We are supposed to be judging the candidates and sussing them out.

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you do not think he cleaned his act up? and you do not think he knows how close he will be watched? you got me wrong ichy. freeze was not in my top three or probably four but i do think everyone deserves redemption. he gets a chance to mentor these kids.

There is nothing to indicate that he has.  There are indications that he has not.  Liberty is certainly not a place for finding your way.

True character does the right thing whether being monitored or, not. 

Redemption is personal.  It requires soul searching and, communication with Jesus.  It has absolutely nothing to do with coaching football.  Winning football games is not redemption.

1 minute ago, ursamajortoole said:

Bro literally the entire point of assessing a coaching candidate is to JUDGE THEM. On the basis of their character, their ability to recruit, their ability to develop talent for the NFL, the success of the their teams. We are supposed to be judging the candidates and sussing them out.

ok scooter. you tell me why he does not deserve a chance? how many years does a man have to pay to turn his life around? i look forward to your take.

2 minutes ago, ursamajortoole said:

Dude works in ministry and does not understand John 8 7. 
go ahead and lock this thread down. 

10 minutes ago, e808 said:

She clearly said he didn’t do anything sexual. Would I have done the same thing no. Not sure how long ago this was but when I was in school it wasn’t gender specific for paddling.U also left out the part of the school said no wrongdoing. 

Try reading the entire sentence.  She was not "okay with it"

Also, this happened in the last 20 or so years.  This wasn't a quote from the 40s

Edited by W.E.D

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Dude works in ministry and does not understand John 8 7. 
go ahead and lock this thread down. 

I don't work in ministry nor am I particularly interested in using a holier than thou Christian angle. I just think Hugh Freeze is a massive scumbag and the amount of gaslighting in these threads around accepting Freeze and defending his horrific actions is proof positive that Auburn deserves Freeze and Freeze deserves us.