Respect for Marriage Act passes with Bi-partisan support.

AU9377

3 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

The Bible is quite clear regarding homosexuality. To imply Jesus is accepting of homosexuality IS removing Jesus as God.

The bible is not clear regarding homosexuality.  Jesus is.

I think you are holding to tradition and custom of christianity while, ignoring the commandments of Jesus.

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I think you are holding to tradition and custom of christianity while, ignoring the commandments of Jesus.

Jesus is clear on homosexuality. But the Bible is not. Please expound in that.

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

Uh, that's the opposite of what he said.

You hanging with fiddy? I repeated what ICHY said. Should have added a question mark.  I believe the Bible and Jesus are clear on homosexuality.

• Dislike 1

5 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

You hanging with fiddy? I repeated what ICHY said. Should have added a question mark.  I believe the Bible and Jesus are clear on homosexuality.

I think you are confused.

This is what ICHY said:

18 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

And as an independent observer, I agree with that.

I will grant you the old testament condemns homosexuality - which is hardly surprising considering what an archaic document it is.

So, please show us where Jesus made a definitive statement on homosexuality, particularly as to how we should treat them.

Edited by homersapien

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

I think you are confused.

This is what ICHY said:

And as an independent observer, I agree with that.

I will grant you the old testament condemns homosexuality - which is hardly surprising considering what an archaic document it is.

So, please show us where Jesus made a definitive statement on homosexuality, particularly as to how we should treat them.

So what is Jesus clear direction regarding homosexuality?

10 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

“My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.” — John 15:12, NIV

Mark 12:31 The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Galatians 3:28 - There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Romans 14:13  Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother.

tons more at:  https://www.openbible.info/topics/neighbors

Edited by Didba
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

2 Corinthians 5:19 God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them

Acts 10:28 God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.

1 Samuel 18:1 After David had finished talking with Saul, Jonathan became one in spirit with David, and he loved him as himself.

2 Samuel 1:26 Your love for me was wonderful, more wonderful than that of women.

Romans 2:11 For God shows no partiality.

John 8:15 You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Didba said:

“My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.” — John 15:12, NIV

Mark 12:31 The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Galatians 3:28 - There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Romans 14:13  Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother.

tons more at:  https://www.openbible.info/topics/neighbors

None of that refers to homosexuality. Not even close.

But this does.  

“But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭1‬:‭8‬-‭11‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/100/1ti.1.9-10.NASB1995

“And He answered and said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭19‬:‭4‬-‭5‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/100/mat.19.4-5.NASB1995

It is not questionable.

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

But this does.  

“But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.”

“And He answered and said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?”

It is not questionable.

You might want to check the history of the translations.  Most ancient language scholars do not agree with the translation of the word "homosexual".

You might want to consider faith as understanding and living in the spirit and love of Jesus, not the prejudice of men.

You might want to read Mark chapter 7.

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

You might want to check the history of the translations.  Most ancient language scholars do not agree with the translation of the word "homosexual".

This. I have read where biblical scholars believe that portions of the bible erroneously translated men who have sex with young men/boys to be homosexuals when it probably was referring to pedophiles.

1 minute ago, Didba said:

This. I have read where biblical scholars believe that portions of the bible erroneously translated men who have sex with young men/boys to be homosexuals when it probably was referring to pedophiles.

The ancient language scholars I have read look at the text to read more accurately, male prostitutes.  At the time, men greatly outnumbered women due to so many women dying during child birth.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

The ancient language scholars I have read look at the text to read more accurately, male prostitutes.  At the time, men greatly outnumbered women due to so many women dying during child birth.

Interesting. I hadn't thought of that.

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

But this does.  

It is not questionable.

Behold the cherry picking pharisee!   :laugh: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Behold the cherry picking pharisee!   :laugh: 

Pharisees were Jews that rejected Jesus, so, no not me. Usual solid analysis from you though. Keep it up.

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

So male sex with males is okay with the Bible unless you are paying them? Why would they pay them if they could righteously have them for free? You have some seriously twisted views of Christianity. 

Edited by jj3jordan

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

So male sex with males is okay with the Bible unless you are paying them? Why would they pay them if they could righteously have them for free?

News flash: men are able to "righteously" have sex with women for free, yet female prostitution exists.

Edited by Leftfield
  • Like 1

So male sex with males is okay with the Bible unless you are paying them? Why would they pay them if they could righteously have them for free? You have some seriously twisted views of Christianity. 

I urge you, I beg you, if you have any sincerity at all, think about those whom Jesus spent His time with, those whom He ministered to and,,, think about the only people whom He showed indifference towards.  Think about Jesus, not the religion of "christianity".

Pharisees were Jews that rejected Jesus, so, no not me. Usual solid analysis from you though. Keep it up.

That is not who the Pharisees were.  At least, that is not why they are held as a negative example.  They were money hungry, they wanted control, they lived by law, they were self righteous, they were hypocrites.  That is the point.

• Like 1

the cognitive dissonance in this thread is astounding but not surprising.

16 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Bruh he didn't mean you are literally a pharisee. C'mon man stop being so obtuse for the sake of it.

zxcxcx.gif.519695f52af546928f2fc333b19b3514.gif

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Didba said:

Bruh he didn't mean you are literally a pharisee. C'mon man stop being so obtuse for the sake of it.

zxcxcx.gif.519695f52af546928f2fc333b19b3514.gif

Bruh, the insult is inappropriate in actuality or metaphorically.  

• Like 1

Blows my mind how some people here are controlled by hate and anger towards a group who just want to live their lives as any person would in this country and on Earth. These people are also so obsessed with making it their business. 

• Thanks 1