Respect for Marriage Act passes with Bi-partisan support.

AU9377

On 12/14/2022 at 9:26 PM, icanthearyou said:

You might want to check the history of the translations.  Most ancient language scholars do not agree with the translation of the word "homosexual".

You might want to consider faith as understanding and living in the spirit and love of Jesus, not the prejudice of men.

You might want to read Mark chapter 7.

“Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of men.” He was also saying to them, “You are experts at setting aside the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition. For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who speaks evil of father or mother, is to be put to death’; but you say, ‘If a man says to his father or his mother, whatever I have that would help you is Corban (that is to say, given to God),’ thus invalidating the word of God by your tradition which you have handed down; and you do many things such as that.””
‭‭Mark‬ ‭7‬:‭8‬-‭11‬, ‭13‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/100/mrk.7.9-10.NASB1995

You are neglecting the commandment of God when you embrace homosexual activities and marriages. Instead you choose the traditions of me over God. 

When Jesus interacted with sinners in most cases He forgave their sin but instructed them to proceed with their life by not continuing to sin as they had been. They had to repent, to turn away, from their sin, and discontinue that sin. Marrying same sex, with full knowledge of the truth, does not satisfy this requirement.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

“Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of men.” He was also saying to them, “You are experts at setting aside the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition. For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who speaks evil of father or mother, is to be put to death’; but you say, ‘If a man says to his father or his mother, whatever I have that would help you is Corban (that is to say, given to God),’ thus invalidating the word of God by your tradition which you have handed down; and you do many things such as that.””
‭‭Mark‬ ‭7‬:‭8‬-‭11‬, ‭13‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/100/mrk.7.9-10.NASB1995

You are neglecting the commandment of God when you embrace homosexual activities and marriages. Instead you choose the traditions of me over God. 

When Jesus interacted with sinners in most cases He forgave their sin but instructed them to proceed with their life by not continuing to sin as they had been. They had to repent, to turn away, from their sin, and discontinue that sin. Marrying same sex, with full knowledge of the truth, does not satisfy this requirement.

Amen.

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

“Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of men.”

Jesus never spoke a word condemning homosexuals, let alone declaring it some sort of "super sin".  The biblical translations have been shown (by ancient language scholars) to be incorrect.

Are you practicing the religion of "christianity" or, are you following Jesus?  Jesus commandments on how to treat others is quite clear.

The entire law is fulfilled by keeping this one command,,, love you neighbor as yourself.

Edited by icanthearyou

20 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Jesus never spoke a word condemning homosexuals, let alone declaring it some sort of "super sin".  The biblical translations have been shown (by ancient language scholars) to be incorrect.

Are you practicing the religion of "christianity" or, are you following Jesus?  Jesus commandments on how to treat others is quite clear.

The entire law is fulfilled by keeping this one command,,, love you neighbor as yourself.

I won’t deny the authenticity and absolute correctness of the Bible.

You most certainly have. I will take God over ancient language scholars any day. Your denial of the truth of the Bible allows you to rationalize any lifestyle or behavior imaginable. There is judgement and standards in life. God will administer it and Jesus will intercede for those who accept Him as the Messiah and Savior.  It is not for me or anyone else to judge another person.  Discussing issues and debating is not judgement. If a person feels judged by a debate, it is because their innate guilt is being exposed. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

You most certainly have. I will take God over ancient language scholars any day. Your denial of the truth of the Bible allows you to rationalize any lifestyle or behavior imaginable. There is judgement and standards in life. God will administer it and Jesus will intercede for those who accept Him as the Messiah and Savior.  It is not for me or anyone else to judge another person.  Discussing issues and debating is not judgement. If a person feels judged by a debate, it is because their innate guilt is being exposed. 

Too funny. This coming from you? :laugh:

I'm thankful that we're finally becoming more accepting. And the best part? It's going to get better as we grow and evolve as a society where we recognize that everyone has equal rights as an individual. Our future generations are going to lead the way where everyone finally can be themselves fully, and I cannot wait.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

But you do acknowledge that at some point man could have made an error in translation or a selfish choice when the bible's contents were very fluid in 200-600 AD?  Like I understand the point you are making. My mom holds it as well, but even she will admit that treacherous man could have acted in their self interest?  I mean this is the early roman catholic church we are talking about.

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

Perhaps,,, I will choose Jesus over the bible.  The bible is not God.  Part of the message of Jesus relates to losing God in religion, in the law, in tradition.

Edited by icanthearyou

1 hour ago, Didba said:

But you do acknowledge that at some point man could have made an error in translation or a selfish choice when the bible's contents were very fluid in 200-600 AD?  Like I understand the point you are making. My mom holds it as well, but even she will admit that treacherous man could have acted in their self interest?  I mean this is the early roman catholic church we are talking about.

IMHO, the only thing holy, only holy person ever to be on the planet is Jesus.  Sin has free reign in this world.  Everything is tainted.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well, thanks for confirming my point, at least.

Which is?

15 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Which is?

You are a religious extremist in the same mode as the Taliban.  A modern day pharisee. 

More focused on law than grace.

Edited by homersapien

19 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You are a religious extremist in the same mode as the Taliban.  A modern day pharisee. 

More focused on law than grace.

Now Homer, it’s almost Christmas. I wouldn’t Santa to bypass you this Christmas for being on his naughty list.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

KMA...

Does KMA mean “keep marriage around”??😁

3 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Does KMA mean “keep marriage around”??😁

NOPE.. Unless you mean for everyone...

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

NOPE.. Unless you mean for everyone...

Ho, Ho, Ho!🎄

I’m not terribly familiar with the details of this law, but from what I do know, I’m glad it passed.  For those of you that said “the far right hates this bill”, I’m pretty sure I’m about as far right as most people can get and I don’t see any reason this law shouldn’t exist.   

I will say, I’m not real sure why the government is in the “marriage business“ anyway but being they are, as long as we’re talking a consensual relationship between adults I don’t see a constitutional rationale to discriminate against homosexual individuals.   I understand the sin argument, but the state rules are based on the constitution not the Bible.  

One thing I was curious about is - I was under the impression this bill also protected individuals that held sincere religious beliefs against gay marriage being forced into participating in the weddings - did this happen?  I think it’s a good compromise and respects the values & beliefs of both sides.  

• Like 1

Leave the marriages and the secular benefits intact. 

Let God himself deal with the rest. 

All sin is against God. There is no hierarchy of sins, as some ill trained theologians suggest.

We all sin and must deal with that all the time.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Why must we always find a group to be subhuman?  Why do we need to find those who are not entitled to life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness?

Are we so weak that we must have someone to look down upon in order to feel good about who we are?

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 11:56 AM, icanthearyou said:

Why must we always find a group to be subhuman?  Why do we need to find those who are not entitled to life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness?

Are we so weak that we must have someone to look down upon in order to feel good about who we are?

If you consider yourself "saved" because you follow the bible's "rules", that necessarily means people who don't follow those same rules are not "saved".  In other words, you are of God (and special) while they aren't. 

Your last line nailed it in psychologically.

Edited by homersapien

On 1/1/2023 at 10:56 AM, icanthearyou said:

Yes.