Respect for Marriage Act passes with Bi-partisan support.

AU9377

10 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Sadly this is true, butso are you.😵

But regarding social issues,  I was way ahead of my time from the beginning, even if I say so myself. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

But regarding social issues,  I was way ahead of my time from the beginning, even if I say so myself. 

If that is what you want to call it.😏

4 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Now now Sonny. Didn’t your parents teach you respect for your elders?

Sure, but they also taught me not to respect bigots. Hence, my lack of respect.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Didba said:

Sure, but they also taught me not to respect bigots. Hence, my lack of respect.

You need to look in mirror occasionally.

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, PUB78 said:

You need to look in mirror occasionally.

Please cite where I have been discriminatory towards a group of people and don't say Christians; 1) because you can't be a bigot towards something you are yourself, 2) I stated many times gay bakers should serve Christians, and 3) my negative comments towards Christians have either been historical facts or were specifically talking about certain subsets of the faith, not the group as a whole.

Edited by Didba

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

Please cite where I have been discriminatory towards a group of people and don't say Christians; 1) because you can't be a bigot towards something you are yourself and 2) I stated many times gay bakers should serve Christians. 

I agree with you, all homosexuals should be served like normal people, with exceptions of when they want the “ artists” to do , make or participate in to legitimize their lifestyle 

17 hours ago, PUB78 said:

I agree with you, all homosexuals should be served like normal people., with exceptions of when they want the “ artists” to do , make or participate in to legitimize their lifestyle 

FIFY

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 10:17 AM, PUB78 said:

If that is what you want to call it.😏

You bet that's what I would call it.  (See the title of this thread.) 

And you can add civil rights for blacks, getting out of Vietnam, legalization of cannabis and maybe a few more things I'm overlooking.

There's quite a few of us "boomers" that were ahead of our time.

On 12/9/2022 at 2:51 PM, Didba said:

Please cite where I have been discriminatory towards a group of people and don't say Christians; 1) because you can't be a bigot towards something you are yourself, 2) I stated many times gay bakers should serve Christians, and 3) my negative comments towards Christians have either been historical facts or were specifically talking about certain subsets of the faith, not the group as a whole.

Same here, tell me where I have been discriminatory towards a group of people, and don’t say gay people.  My comments about homosexuals has nothing to do about them as individuals, but rather their lifestyle and those of this groups who are trying to force their beliefs on others using the government and MSM as their club.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

You bet that's what I would call it.  (See the title of this thread.) 

And you can add civil rights for blacks, getting out of Vietnam, legalization of cannabis and maybe a few more things I'm overlooking.

There's quite a few of us "boomers" that were ahead of our time.

I am with you on the first two. How about equal rights and pay for women? I have been an advocate and promoter of this since for over 40 years.

Edited by PUB78

2 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Same here, tell me where I have been discriminatory towards a group of people, and don’t say gay people.  My comments about homosexuals has nothing to do about them as individuals, but rather their lifestyle and those of this groups who are trying to force their beliefs on others using the government and MSM as their club.

So you think homosexuality is a choice?

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

So you think homosexuality is a choice?

For the most past-yes. However, I don’t deny that some people are born with a greater tendency to become gay.

18 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

For the most past-yes. However, I don’t deny that some people are born with a greater tendency to become gay.

When did you choose to become straight?

16 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

When did you choose to become straight?

Never had any others thoughts or intentions from my earliest memories 

CONFUSED!!

What does any of this endless argument have to do with the "Respect for Marriage ACT"?

sigh. Just AUF being "whataboutism" AUF.

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

Never had any others thoughts or intentions from my earliest memories 

So you didn't choose, but somehow you assume gay people do?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Leftfield said:

So you didn't choose, but somehow you assume gay people do?

Are you gay? If so, when did you realize you had same sex attraction?

6 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Are you gay? If so, when did you realize you had same sex attraction?

No, I'm not, but that doesn't answer my question.

On 11/30/2022 at 5:58 PM, PUB78 said:

Trying to legalize perversion.

Here ya go. Commenting on their lifestyle is still discrimination even if you claim it has "nothing to do with them as individuals".

18 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Edited by Didba

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

Here ya go. Commenting on their lifestyle is still discrimination even if you claim it has "nothing to do with them as individuals".

And your point is?

Jesus never instructed us to persecute or exclude homosexuals.  Jesus never spoke against homosexuals.

To defy Jesus is to remove Jesus as God, as the leader of Christianity.

Those who count on the bible, the church, the religion of "christianity" for their salvation put themselves in a grave position.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PUB78 said:

And your point is?

That it's still illegal for a business to discriminate against them.

You also never answered my question...why do you assume homosexuals choose their sexuality when you didn't have to?

On 12/12/2022 at 6:31 PM, icanthearyou said:

Jesus never instructed us to persecute or exclude homosexuals.  Jesus never spoke against homosexuals.

To defy Jesus is to remove Jesus as God, as the leader of Christianity.

Those who count on the bible, the church, the religion of "christianity" for their salvation put themselves in a grave position.

The Bible is quite clear regarding homosexuality. To imply Jesus is accepting of homosexuality IS removing Jesus as God.