22 Aggies players have entered the portal

Tigermike

On 12/14/2022 at 11:30 PM, Mikey said:

Not at all. It still has to appear to be a Milo's Tea deal. It's not, but it has to look like that. Currently I can pay any player I choose $10,000 for a signed photo. Every month a new photo and another $10,000. For his name, image and likeness. It's a sham, but it's within the letter of the law.

We should go back to bags of cash. People want “progress” so bad but never think of the unintended consequences. 

• Like 2

On 12/10/2022 at 4:03 PM, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Any thoughts on Bobby Petrino oc'ing for the aggies? Scares me a little bit, they could be pretty good.

On 12/10/2022 at 8:35 PM, TeamZero77 said:

Is that who they hired as their OC? I wouldn't trust Petrino if I were Jimbo. Petrino seems like the type that would be scheming a plan on day 1 to cut Jimbo's nuts and hopefully be named HC. He is greasy and always has been in my opinion. He is a hot head to boot. 

I also think the game has somewhat passed him by. I guess we'll find out.

UNLV hires Bobby Petrino as offensive coordinator

Petrino has been the head coach at Missouri State the past three seasons. He guided the Bears to FCS playoff appearances in two of his three seasons. When Petrino arrived, Missouri State had last played in the playoff in 1990.

This will be Petrino's first assistant-coaching job since 2002, when he was the offensive coordinator at Auburn. Overall, counting a couple of promotions, this will be his 18th coaching job.

On 12/14/2022 at 5:11 PM, AUGoo said:

Stopping the Unrestricted portal will be the first step to settling things.  After the Supremes said that we can't inhibit what and how players are paid, I don't think you'll be able to do salary caps.

I think ultimately you are going to end up with a Premier soccer league type set up with advancement and relegation.  Let's face it, Troy will never keep up with the aTm's of the world.  I don't see how we will. And the bigger, richer progras will continue to raid the lower tiered programs of any outstanding, developed talent.  

I agree 100%, go back sit a year before they can play.  It would curb the # of kids jumping to the portal slow down the "shopping" and "tampering" that's going on currently.

Entering the portal is super risky for players when nearly 40% of them didn't land a spot on a roster last year.  They were left with no scholarship; no college degree and I guess they had to enter the workforce after once they were done with football. 

14 hours ago, TXaubie said:

Didn’t they hire Odom as their head coach?  

As far as I know yes. They did. I assumed that is the reason he isn't the DC at Auburn but I don't know enough about it to say for certain. 

On 12/31/2022 at 2:16 PM, Chaotic_zx said:

As far as I know yes. They did. I assumed that is the reason he isn't the DC at Auburn but I don't know enough about it to say for certain. 

Odom running the D, Petrino running the O. Last time I heard about UNLV was when they hired the Bishop Gorman high school coach as their HC. I would consider these two hires a drastic change from that. If nothing else, it should be interesting!!