Heisman Trophy Winner OU QB Jason White

LegalEagle

Rookie QB announced he's quitting the Titans and the NFL due to his knees:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...ORTS01/50811004

I know it's not AU football, but due to last season's MNC game it touches on it.

Should we have a forum for other than AU football?

He was one of the most overrated players the past few years. He was the product of being on a good team behind a great OL in a conference that was weak at the time. He was still a good QB, don't get me wrong, but he was not the superstar the media made him out to be and I don't think he was the best player in college football in 03. All a DC had to do was figure out how to get past the OU OL and pressure him and he would rain down INTs.

Don't let the perception of OU as a program being overrated define White. In 2003, the guys stats were:

278/451

3846 yds

61.6 compltion percentage

40 TDs and 10 INTs

He did this without any wheels AT ALL. Product of the system or not, those are some amazing numbers.

Don't let the perception of OU as a program being overrated define White.  In 2003, the guys stats were:

278/451

3846 yds

61.6 compltion percentage

40 TDs and 10 INTs

He did this without any wheels AT ALL.  Product of the system or not, those are some amazing numbers.

173646[/snapback]

Yep, all in route to back to back thumpings in the NC!!!

White is part of the reason OU was overrated. As said earlier, he was a good QB. He was very skilled and had 9 years of college experience. The media made him out to be one of the best QBs to play the game, and he wasn't. Had he played for another team, he probably would have been successful but definately wouldn't have had the gaudy numbers. He had a solid line that provided great blocking and some top notch receivers to haul in his throws. How many of those TDs came in blowout games? Heck, 9 could have come in the Nebraska game alone. I bet our guys would have had some pretty sick stats if we would have laid it on UT (twice :lol: ), Arkansas, Kentucky, etc...

Another former Heisman winning quaterback from the Big 12 retires from the NFL, makes you wonder. White was a decent qb but OU had tons of talent surrounding him and the system was good for him. The Big 12 is the weakest power conference aside from the Pac-10, and therefore White run up some gaudy numbers. Everyone in the media gushed and talked about how great Jason White was while he was a Sooner, what about all those Texas Tech qbs, they had better numbers than him and had lesser supporting talent that he did.

White always had great regular season games but boy did he suck in the post-season.

Had a good BigXII game last year but bowl wise....he sure did suck

Archived