Does anybody know?

Why Irish didn’t score on that overthrow at first? Seriously? 2 outs and he is standing on second base NOT running well after the ball left the infielders hand??

Not sure why he didn't have a good secondary lead, but he was slididng to put on the brakes as he rounded third when the ball was retrieved after bounced back to the infield.  We are just struggling everywhere right now.

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Why Irish didn’t score on that overthrow at first? Seriously? 2 outs and he is standing on second base NOT running well after the ball left the infielders hand??

It was first and second, not second and third right?  He came over from first and held up past the bag. Kinda of hard to get three bags there. Are we talking about that 9th inning?  I may be confusing which play I am thinking about to your question  

Edited by jw 4 au

23 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

It was first and second, not second and third right?  He came over from first and held up past the bag. Kinda of hard to get three bags there. Are we talking about that 9th inning?  I may be confusing which play I am thinking about to your question  

Yes he was making the turn on second base when the throw was made. Stood there watching until the throw went wild. Then it was too late. I thought he would score since he should have been running and looking at the third base coach (not). We pulled it out luckily. Didn’t seem like very heads up baserunning and at the time could have cost us the game.

8 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Yes he was making the turn on second base when the throw was made. Stood there watching until the throw went wild. Then it was too late. I thought he would score since he should have been running and looking at the third base coach (not). We pulled it out luckily. Didn’t seem like very heads up baserunning and at the time could have cost us the game.

i posted several video's today in the baseball section which includes highlights and interviews with players and coaches.

• Thanks 2