When Auburn wore orange jerseys

aubiefifty

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Thanks 1

Not a huge fan of the orange jerseys but if the team wanted to do it I would support it. 

I do like the orange facemasks at home and the white ones away, though.  The stormtroopers just look awesome with the white facemask.

• Like 2

I could handle orange jerseys every once in a while.  I was a student when we wore them.  They looked like practice jerseys to me.  Would be interested in seeing what they might look like made like our other game day unis.    

11 hours ago, '82 Tiger said:

I could handle orange jerseys every once in a while.  I was a student when we wore them.  They looked like practice jerseys to me.  Would be interested in seeing what they might look like made like our other game day unis.    

It was pretty neat at the time. I was there also as student in '78 when they did it against UGA. It's not like today where everyone knows everything going on. I am not sure even the players knew they were going to do it. There was not any talk leading up to the game about it.  AU did pregame warm up in traditional blue jerseys, and after going back to the locker room they ran out to start the game they had changed to orange. It took a moment for the crowd to realize what was going on. I actually thought UGA had come out from the wrong locker room (thanks to Mr. Jack Daniels).

• Like 1

Auburn got a lot tighter around branding elements and color usage. Based on the women's soccer team jerseys, the correct "Auburn Power Stripe" (aka, Northwestern Stripe) for an orange jersey would be a thick blue stripe accented by two thin white stripes. This is the opposite of the jersey in the linked video.

I the current Under Armour jerseys using the orange color used on the basketball and other uniforms would look ok. I would like to see it tested during something like an A-Day game. Give the QBs green jerseys instead of the orange to indicate no contact. It people like it, then you could consider it for a real game.

• aubiefifty changed the title to When Auburn wore PINK jerseys

happy april fools day!!!!!   grins

• WarTiger changed the title to When Auburn wore orange jerseys