Can’t See Articles!! Articles Blacked Out!

toddc

If you can’t read an article I’ve posted you can probably change over to light mode and read. I’m sorry that I didn’t realize that this was a problem until today. I will try to post all articles in plain text and that should help. The reason I posted something without doing plain text is because the pictures disappeared. Hopefully this will help those who have been asking about this problem. As far as I know it started when the site was updated (and made it much better) a few months ago. 
Sorry for any confusion on my part.

War Eagle 🦅 

ps: tap the half moon at the top of threads to toggle between dark and light mode 

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I've tagged Red in a post or two to try to alert him.  It's not really that big of a deal, if anyone just hits Ctrl+A it highlights all the text and then you can read it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Most people are probably on their phones when reading this stuff 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, toddc said:

Most people are probably on their phones when reading this stuff 

Dark mode is on phone and desktop Fwiw. Have to hold screen and select all

Edited by W.E.D

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Dark mode is on phone and desktop Fwiw. Have to hold screen and select all

No kidding! I was replying to your control alt post. Just hit the half moon at the top.

Edited by toddc

1 hour ago, toddc said:

No kidding! I was replying to your control alt post. Just hit the half moon at the top.

No clue what half moon ur talking about

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

There is like a moon I’ve seen you can click and toggle light and dark display . At least on my phone 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

PhotoGrid_1680836843605.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, DAG said:

There is like a moon I’ve seen you can click and toggle light and dark display . At least on my phone 

9 hours ago, gr82be said:

PhotoGrid_1680836843605.jpg

Is that the app?

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Is that the app?

I'm just on the site and its there for me too

Screenshot_20230407-073259~2.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Is that the app?

Site

Just now, gr82be said:

Site

I don't have that on chrome 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I don't have that on chrome 

Make sure your theme is set to Pro setting. The other two don't seem to have the moon. 

Screenshot_20230407-074837.png

• Love 1

36 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Make sure your theme is set to Pro setting. The other two don't seem to have the moon. 

Ah, well yeah I use Dark Mode....which is the entire problem from people pasting font in rich text vs plain

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Thanks for your help brother . It seems simple to me but…

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, toddc said:

Thanks for your help brother . It seems simple to me but…

Your solution is to "not use" an enhanced feature of this site.

and FWIW, if you use a while back ground and I c/p from a dark mode site, you'd have the same experience and not be able to see anything

Edited by W.E.D

36 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

This is one strange thread. Half Moons, Dark Mode, Pro Settings. We're talking Twilight Zone people!!!!!!

24624787.gif

32 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

and FWIW, if you use a while back ground and I c/p from a dark mode site, you'd have the same experience and not be able to see anything

Just trying to show you where to find the moon. Use whichever mode you prefer. Just trying to help. Some of us prefer the default setting because the white font isn't as easy to read when you're colorblind. At least it isn't for me. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Use the pro theme and then hit the moon to go back to dark mode and the moon is still there.

I should have added you will still have to toggle between the two but it is more convenient. 

Edited by AU80cruiser
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Just trying to show you where to find the moon. Use whichever mode you prefer. Just trying to help. Some of us prefer the default setting because the white font isn't as easy to read when you're colorblind. At least it isn't for me. 

1 hour ago, AU80cruiser said:

Use the pro theme and then hit the moon to go back to dark mode and the moon is still there.

I should have added you will still have to toggle between the two but it is more convenient. 

Yeah now we're just running into other issues.  I tried to the "pro theme" and that does give me a header up top with the moon.  But then I run into other issues.  The formatting using "Pro + Dark" is kinda wonky for the entire thread and some of the quoted posts vs using the sole "Dark Theme".

text is still blacked out & requires effort to see it.  Not sure there is a real solution between using "pro + moon toggle" or just using "dark theme".  Later is at least formatted better for everything except non plain text articles. 

Once again it’s an IT problem! I’m sure they’re working on it just for you.