A Day Thread

Win4AU

Haven't seen anybody post this so I thought I would ask.....

What was up with the drone?

Looked the ref even tried to run up and knock it out the air early in the game.  Was it some random person trying to disrupt the game?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dbagwell said:

Looked the ref even tried to run up and knock it out the air early in the game.  Was it some random person trying to disrupt the game?

Assumed it was just Auburn social media getting shots 

3 minutes ago, dbagwell said:

Pretty sure it was property of the Auburn coaching staff getting a view of of lineman getting set. 

1 hour ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Now I remember why I stopped looking at this board...you never stop posting and your're completely insufferable; 24 THOUSAND  posts and all of them negative.

What the hell are you talking about ? Hahaha what did I say that was negative . Sounds like you have your own personal vendetta. Get over yourself goofy. I literally said for people to chill with being so reactional ( kind of like you are).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Suck it @DAG

Sick burn, Dixie Baby!! Lmao this fool posting on a message board. LOSER

Yeah what the heck ? I don’t even know this dude haha.

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

What the hell.... @DAG just stating the obvious....

giphy.gif

Yeah I am so confused lol. 

9 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Cmon. This is a really bad take. The fraction of ppl missing the game bc of the masters is miniscule. Easter is tomorrow. 

If it was 75 like it has been for the past 7 days and like it'll be for the next 7, there would be 45,000 people there.

Weather is s*** and it's unfortunate. 

You want to know why we had it today??? Something I've been wanting Auburn to do vs being hard headed.  WE HAVE ZERO COMPETITION. Look at the recruiters here. The visit is is possibly the best its been in 25 years. So dumb ti compete against other schools for players.

It was great scheduling, the recruit turnout is massive and the Masters nor Easter kept them away. 🤣. They are the important ones

Like I said I'm sure there's a good reason.  I really don't follow recruiting close enough to know when other teams are having their games.  Do other teams have their games next week?  Seems like everyone used to do them the same weekend except for maybe Vandy.  I wasn't blaming the weekend for the attendance.  It was pretty obvious why no one was there and that had been forecast all week.  I was just thinking out loud and wondered why it couldn't be next week.  You're right that the only thing that matters is recruiting this weekend.  I always forget how meaningless this game is till I watch it every year.  Now we wait till SEC Media Days and Fall Practice to begin.  

9 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Honestly find it impossible to evaluate it today

Completely agree.  Was just making that comparison from what little bit we did see. 

9 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

I learned nothing today.

TJ threw some great passes a few of which were dropped, but made a few bad pocket decisions.

Robbie moved the ball the best, but barely threw the ball. One of his passes was an abysmal read into triple coverage. 

Geriner just looked inconsistent. A few great plays and an equal number of bad ones.

But you also have to remember that rain was intense for a lot of the game. In weather like that, you have to have perfect execution. You aren’t going to have that when installing a new offense. 

So, I’d say the order for me right now is Ashford, TJ, Geriner. But that’s solely because that was the depth chart at the end of the season.

Robbie clearly has wheels, and isn’t afraid to tuck and go, which has real advantages.  He did thread one nice long pass in there. 

Greiner I thought made some pretty good reads as well.  For example, on that beautiful 2 point play (did I mention I loved that play?) when he had about 4 different options, he read and executed it perfectly.  

Finley looked more composed than I remember, but I’m still really not sold on decision making under pressure.  

11 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

We actually found a way to NOT win our own A Day game!!!

(all in good fun guys!😂😂😂)

wilson-dan-appreciate-about-you.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

We actually found a way to NOT win our own A Day game!!!

(all in good fun guys!😂😂😂)

Every player gets a participation steak. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It was a miserable day, cold and continuous rain.  However, had a really great time.  My son got the chance to meet several of our players.  I cannot say enough about how kind and generous with their time the following were:

Battie, Alston, Smith, Wright, Mba,,, all really, really good guys.  Others as well but, these guys really stood out.  Exceptional human beings.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Every player gets a participation steak. 

Nobody wins, so nobody gets steak.  Bring in the bologna, but hey they can use the red ring bologna 😀 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Haha 1

Dang if I wouldn’t give Sean Jackson a few carries late in games.  That guy is a load and I don’t think tired defenders would want any of that!  He looks like Rudy Johnson running the ball.  

• Like 8

My thoughts on A-day 2023

As said above #44 reminds me so much of Rudy also. Elite/elusive footwork and looked like he had his head on a swivel. Not blazing speed and runs a little upright but kid was fun to watch.

Battie is going to be great.

#35 looked good to me also, may not get the touches but ran the ball well. 

Not even going to talk about QB. Well, i guess I just did. meh

OL! It wasn't exactly the best test on a wet field but I think we could see glimpses of a much improved line. Maybe not our greatest but most of these kids weren't here 6 months ago and most of them will be our starters in the Fall. May take fall before they really gel as a unit.

Defense looked good but I didnt see much more than base defense sets. Secondary looks like they have lots of speed and really close on the ball. They are going to cause a lot of problems for our opponents this fall.

Which brings me to my biggest, WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE point.

Why did the receivers not use their gloves??? Did any one else notice? The big tall receiver even had them in his belt and missed a couple of catches. A real head scratcher there. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AUnCullman said:

Why did the receivers not use their gloves??? Did any one else notice? The big tall receiver even had them in his belt and missed a couple of catches. A real head scratcher there. 

Bearing in mind that I played in a time when we didn't use gloves to catch a football but could it be that in wet conditions you can actually somewhat dry your hands between snaps but gloves will remain wet once they are wet? I'm just guessing but I don't get the infatuation with gloves anyway...but again, I'm old school...my receiver idol was Fred Biletnikoff and he was the stick 'em king. 

• Like 1

Social Review: Auburn pulls off big A-Day recruiting weekend despite weather

Cole Pinkston

Auburn capped off a strong month of March in recruiting with a spring finale of sorts during A-Day. 

Blue chip recruit after blue chip recruit walked through the doors and out of the rain at Jordan-Hare Stadium Saturday.

Many recruits took to Twitter, and probably were retweeted by Auburn quarterback commit Walker White in the process. 

We dug up everything we could find on Twitter from Auburn’s big weekend.

A-Day tweets

Five-star defensive back target KJ Boldenfrom Buford, Ga. made his second spring visit to Auburn. He arrived early Saturday for his A-Day visit.

Priority 4-star receiver Cam Coleman from Phenix City (Ala.) Central made his third trip to Auburn this spring.

[ WR Cam Coleman on Auburn’s Hugh Freeze: ‘No head coach has been talking to me like that’ ]

Four-star offensive tackle Fletcher Westphal from Leesburg (Va.) Tuscarora visited Auburn Friday before A-Day. 

[ Auburn Tigers’ stock rising with 4-star OT Fletcher Westphal ]

Auburn 4-star defensive back commit Jayden Lewis had a message for Auburn fans before A-Day.

Priority 4-star defensive line target Jeremiah Beaman made a return visit to Auburn for A-Day

[ Auburn ‘will definitely be in it until the end’ for 4-star DL Jeremiah Beaman ]

Four-star defensive line target Charleston “Charlie” Collins, from Pine Bluff (Ark.) Wilbur D. Mills rode to Auburn with Auburn QB commit Walker White. 

Promising young 2025 defensive end target E’Mauri Smiley from Opelika (Ala.). Teammates with Auburn commit Malik Autry.

Auburn 4-star quarterback commit Walker White was busy

Four-star quarterback commit Walker Whitewas back on campus and made his presence known. He spent time with most of the receivers and made his rounds with top talent that was on campus. 

Auburn running back commit J’Marion ‘Phat’ Burnette was busy, too

J’Marion ‘Phat’ Burnette recently committed to Auburn and came back to his first big recruiting event as a commit. He was active on Twitter and with top targets while attending.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

Bearing in mind that I played in a time when we didn't use gloves to catch a football but could it be that in wet conditions you can actually somewhat dry your hands between snaps but gloves will remain wet once they are wet? I'm just guessing but I don't get the infatuation with gloves anyway...but again, I'm old school...my receiver idol was Fred Biletnikoff and he was the stick 'em king. 

I agree 100%

I have tried them on before and they are super sticky. I am amazed that balls can even be dropped and can definitely see how these kids make 1 handed grabs these days. Seems like when they wet it would stick more but I may be wrong. 

1 hour ago, AUnCullman said:

I agree 100%

I have tried them on before and they are super sticky. I am amazed that balls can even be dropped and can definitely see how these kids make 1 handed grabs these days. Seems like when they wet it would stick more but I may be wrong. 

I think Mardner?? removed his gloves after a drop.

22 minutes ago, toddc said:

I think Mardner?? removed his gloves after a drop.

Yes Mardner thats him. Once I realized he didnt have his gloves on but were in his belt, thats when I noticed the others also.