Texas Man Found Guilty of Murder for Defending Himself.

I_M4_AU

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Thanks, I’ve read that, but my concern is that Perry was mentioned as being an Uber driver and the only reason he was there was because he dropped of his fare and found himself in the middle of the protest.  It doesn’t sound premeditated.  Does his racial thought convict him in this situation?  Do you think he fires on the protestors if there wasn’t a gun present and visible?  Hard to tell.  I’ll just wait on Governor Abbott’s pardon and parole commission to decide what to do and be satisfied with that answer.

He ran a red light and accelerated into the crowd - multiple witnesses said he squealed his tires to do so.  Combine that with his statements to his friends and on social media and the "not premeditated" defense starts leaking like a sieve.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He ran a red light and accelerated into the crowd - multiple witnesses said he squealed his tires to do so.  Combine that with his statements to his friends and on social media and the "not premeditated" defense starts leaking like a sieve.

I would assume he didn’t know he would confront a protester with an assault weapon.  He definitely was aggressive prior to him being surrounded by the crowd.  The catalyst was the weapon he encountered IMO.

17 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Stop with the facts! 🙉 Just stop before it penetrates! 😉

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I would assume he didn’t know he would confront a protester with an assault weapon.  He definitely was aggressive prior to him being surrounded by the crowd.  The catalyst was the weapon he encountered IMO.

His prior texts/messages/posts reveal he knew about the protests going on down there, that he wasn't happy about it, and anticipated that an encounter with them may lead to him killing someone.

He ran a red light and squealed his tires accelerating into this crowd of protesters he already believed could be violent or force him to "defend himself."

Your logic doesn't hold water.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

His prior texts/messages/posts reveal he knew about the protests going on down there, that he wasn't happy about it, and anticipated that an encounter with them may lead to him killing someone.

He ran a red light and squealed his tires accelerating into this crowd of protesters he already believed could be violent or force him to "defend himself."

Your logic doesn't hold water.

That’s what a jury unanimously concluded. If there were any significant errors, exhaust the appeals process. Then put the whole record in front of the pardons board, if one is sought. That’s what they typically view- including the legal analysis of higher courts. Abbott was called out by Tucker Carlson to blow up the legal system in Texas, and weak cowardly little man that he is, Abbott folded.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Welp. Open season on protesters in Texas. 

Why does Texas even bother with having prosecutors, juries, trials or judges? 

In cases where the governor and parole board know from day 1 that they are going to pardon someone, like they did in this case, don’t even waste so much time and money on a trial. Just have the governor announce preemptively that he’s declaring the suspect innocent of all crimes and just have him released. 

• Like 1