Leaked Documents and Lack of Security

AuburnNTexas

Something is wrong with our ability to protect Information that should be secure. Presidents and Vice Presidents having classified documents after out of office and in areas where they could be compromised. Now the latest leak that has scared our allies and possibly provided information to some of our enemies.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/pentagon-documents-leak-04-13-23/index.html

What to me is scary apparently the leak is from a National Guard Airman.  How in the heck (not the word I want to use) could  an airman in the National Guard even have access to this type of information.  The DOD has announced that they are starting to limit the types of people who have access to this type of information. It is a little late but it speaks volumes about some of the weaknesses in the DOD's ability to protect information.

I grew up in a military family. When my father had to leave to help blockade Cuba during the Cuban missile crises. My father was the Captain of one of the ships and security was so tight that my dad wasn't even allowed to call my Mom and tell us he was leaving. It was a couple days later when we saw ships  on the news during the blockade that we figured out where he was. Our phone rang for days as all the sailors wives were calling my Mom trying to find out where their husbands were as they went to work and then did not go home and no phone calls were allowed.

We have come from ironclad security to allowing a National Guard airman to have access to secure information.  It is a Travesty. Heads should roll but they won't or if they do it will be some poor junior level person getting the heat.

Edited by AuburnNTexas

• AuburnNTexas changed the title to Leaked Documents and Lack of Security

According to Joe, there is nothing to see here.

“I’m concerned that it happened, but there’s nothing contemporaneous that I’m aware of that is of great consequence,” said Biden, who is in Dublin visiting with Irish leaders Thursday.

https://apnews.com/article/leaked-documents-russia-biden-pentagon-20804980bbfe17f0fee8319a0227c4a6?utm_campaign=TrueAnthem&utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter

Similar to the Chinese spy ballon I’m sure.

25 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

According to Joe, there is nothing to see here.

“I’m concerned that it happened, but there’s nothing contemporaneous that I’m aware of that is of great consequence,” said Biden, who is in Dublin visiting with Irish leaders Thursday.

https://apnews.com/article/leaked-documents-russia-biden-pentagon-20804980bbfe17f0fee8319a0227c4a6?utm_campaign=TrueAnthem&utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter

Similar to the Chinese spy ballon I’m sure.

It is not even a question of if the leaked information was super critical or not. The issue is security was so loose that National Guard airman had access to it and because of the leak they now finally realize that they should limit access to this type information. Supposedly some of Ukraines operational plans were divulged and it was also divulged that we have inroads into Russian intelligence which means they will now be trying to close those inroads.

• Like 1