Gender Stereotypes are Regressive and limiting

TexasTiger

This is the kind of crazy folks we have in Texas leadership:

“Employees are expected to comply with this dress code in a manner consistent with their biological gender,” reads the memo, posted in full on the Observer's website. “Violation of this agency policy includes remedies up to and including termination.” 

https://www.sacurrent.com/news/sid-millers-texas-department-of-agriculture-adopts-new-anti-lgbtq-dress-code-31570168?utm_source=nextdoor&utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=Nextdoor

What the hell does that even mean? There’s no one way for women or men to dress. We were more progressive in the 1970s in regard to these issues.

• Like 2

The document is signed by TDA Commissioner Sid Miller, a conservative Republican with a history of making offensive social media comments targeting women and people of color. Those have included urging the U.S. to bomb the "Muslim World" and calling Hillary Clinton a "****."

Classy Guy. 

Unless The Texas Department of Ag has men coming to work in dresses and skirts I imagine this rule is just a solution in search of a problem. 

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Classy Guy. 

Unless The Texas Department of Ag has men coming to work in dresses and skirts I imagine this rule is just a solution in search of a problem. 

Or just a political statement considering the current mind set.

18 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

This is the kind of crazy folks we have in Texas leadership:

“Employees are expected to comply with this dress code in a manner consistent with their biological gender,” reads the memo, posted in full on the Observer's website. “Violation of this agency policy includes remedies up to and including termination.” 

https://www.sacurrent.com/news/sid-millers-texas-department-of-agriculture-adopts-new-anti-lgbtq-dress-code-31570168?utm_source=nextdoor&utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=Nextdoor

What the hell does that even mean? There’s no one way for women or men to dress. We were more progressive in the 1970s in regard to these issues.

It's obviously meant as a way to persecute transexuals or "butch" lesbians.

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

It’s Texas. Men have flasks in boots.

I always heard Texan pants in boots meant you had money. I always wore Georgia Boots when on job site. Put mine in boots to avoid mud and concrete. Couldn’t have worked for Texas Ag.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Or just a political statement considering the current mind set.

If so, that is a total failure in leadership.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 10:25 AM, homersapien said:

It's obviously meant as a way to persecute transexuals or "butch" lesbians.

There can be no appearances of validating or accepting the idea that these queers and trannies are equal human beings.  Anything else is "woke".

• Like 1