Landen King & Colby Smith Gone....

W.E.D

Hope he finds a position somewhere. He's not a WR, should be a good TE if he commits to being one. 

Some disservice by the old staff, idk what HF wanted to do with him

Colby gone too. Wouldn't be shocked if Garnder Langlo jumped too, leaving only 2 from Harsin 1st class

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• W.E.D changed the title to Landen King Gone....

3 minutes ago, metafour said:

He can't play at this level. Hopefully he finds a good spot in a lower conference.

Disagree. He could be a joker TE in the right O.  Hasbeen making him gain and lose weight really messed with his ability to see the field. Just another in a long line of piss poor player management 

• Like 1

Auburn WR Landen King enters transfer portal

29 minutes ago

On the final day of the spring transfer window, Auburn has lost a member of the passing game.

Wide receiver Landen King entered the portal Sunday morning, a source has informed Auburn Undercover.

This marks King's second time in the portal. Last season, he opted to redshirt and sit out a few weeks into the year, but later entered the transfer portal. In November, King withdrew from the portal and rejoined the team.

The 6-foot-5, former 3-star recruit from Texas began his career as a tight end, catching five passes for 59 yards and a touchdown as a true freshman. Last season he appeared in only three games before taking a redshirt.

11COMMENTS

Backup offensive lineman Colby Smith also entered the portal Sunday, becoming the 10th Auburn player to transfer out since the conclusion of spring practice, joining King, pass-rusher Dylan Brooks, safety Craig McDonald, linebackers Powell Gordon,Desmond Tisdol and Kameron Brown, receiver Tar'Varish Dawson, defensive linemen M'ba and Tobechi Okoli.

Only three players remain on Auburn's roster from the 18 signees in the 2021 class.

Auburn OL Colby Smith enters transfer portal

23 minutes ago

Auburn offensive lineman Colby Smithentered the transfer portal Sunday morning, a source has informed Auburn Undercover, becoming the 10th Tiger to do so since the conclusion of the team's spring practices earlier this month.

A rising redshirt sophomore, Smith received reps this spring as Auburn's second-team left guard. He appeared in one game last season against Western Kentucky.

With Smith and receiver Landen King both transferring Sunday, only three players remain on the roster from Auburn's 18-man recruiting class in 2021.

3COMMENTS

A total of 10 Auburn players have transferred out since the end of spring practices: Smith, King, pass-rusher Dylan Brooks, safety Craig McDonald, linebackersPowell Gordon, Desmond Tisdol andKameron Brown, receiver Tar'Varish Dawson, defensive linemen M'ba andTobechi Okoli.

Sunday marks the final day for non-graduate transfers to enter the portal and maintain eligibility for the 2023 season.

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Disagree. He could be a joker TE in the right O.  Hasbeen making him gain and lose weight really messed with his ability to see the field. Just another in a long line of piss poor player management 

I agree. When you have a guy that really does a good job of getting open and catching the ball, you create some space for them. 
I would love to see him go to a smaller school that slings it around and excel.

15 minutes ago, metafour said:

He can't play at this level. Hopefully he finds a good spot in a lower conference.

Speaking of can't play at this level.... Colby Smith gone too.

• Like 2

• W.E.D changed the title to Landen King & Colby Smith Gone....
1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I agree. I believe potential was definitely there, but I didn’t hear much about him this spring. My biggest fear as usual, is who is coaching our QB’s? I know HF is considered a decent QB coach, but a lot of people base that off of the Malik Willis years at Liberty and not shockingly, it appears the Tennessee Titans have already given up on him. Here’s to hoping we can land Casey Thompson, unless all the poor QB talk by HF is a smoke screen, which I don’t believe. 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Speaking of can't play at this level.... Colby Smith gone too.

Freeze mustve looked at this roster upon arrival and said WTF!!?

1 hour ago, CR said:

Freeze mustve looked at this roster upon arrival and said WTF!!?

He said that while at Liberty 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

I agree. I believe potential was definitely there, but I didn’t hear much about him this spring. My biggest fear as usual, is who is coaching our QB’s? I know HF is considered a decent QB coach, but a lot of people base that off of the Malik Willis years at Liberty and not shockingly, it appears the Tennessee Titans have already given up on him. Here’s to hoping we can land Casey Thompson, unless all the poor QB talk by HF is a smoke screen, which I don’t believe. 

Too slow to be a true WR and Hasbeen had him on the weight rollercoaster which didn't allow him to be a TE.   Auburn screwed him up.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Too slow to be a true WR and Hasbeen had him on the weight rollercoaster which didn't allow him to be a TE.   Auburn screwed him up.

My point exactly. AU does good to develop a couple of players for the NFL each year. The player development here as been absent since TT. The five drafted this year tied a modern record for AU. That does not equate to development in my opinion. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, weagl1 said:

I just want the bleeding to stop.  

This is a self inflicted blood letting 

3 hours ago, weagl1 said:

I just want the bleeding to stop.  

Bubbles must burst. I would bet that most if not every transfer we get will be better than the guy who opened that roster spot.

• Thanks 1