Biblical Marriage

AURex

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

I very kindly asked you to take your grievance up with the OP. There you go being judgmental once again.

No sir.  I have not judged you at all.  Please do not lie.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PUB78 said:

There is a cure for homosexuality, being born again, becoming a new person in Christ with the Holy Spirit living inside you.

Here's your "conversion therapy" guy TT.  :-\

16 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Ad Hominem fallacy, on @arein0. Fifteen yard penalty from the spot of the foul. First down, Nola!

:comfort:

If you don't like the destination your own logic leads to, perhaps you need to re-think your arguments.

(Can't believe I need to explain this to a lawyer of all people.)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, arein0 said:

You are responding to my response to someone arguing that even if homosexuality is not a choice it is still a sin. Which is why you got that response. But thank you for sharing your opinions on if homosexuality is a choice.

I have said repeatedly that if homosexuality is a choice, then my argument breaks down since it is no longer the nature God intended.

However, if homosexuality is not a choice then your argument breaks down as you are now forcing them to live unnaturally from what God intended.

This is exactly why the scientific research on the issue is so important.  And there's plenty of it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

This is exactly why the scientific research on the issue is so important.  And there's plenty of it.

It felt like trying to explain to flat earthers that the earth is actually round. Always came back to "but Earth flat"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, arein0 said:

You God? It might not be the plan for all, but assuming homosexuality is not a choice it is the plan for some.

And here it is. 

The core conviction that has produced so much bloodshed and persecution in the name of God - people who think they know what "God's plan is".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Can you show where God’s plan for some is to be gay?

Well, for starters, they exist and always have.  In more than one species.

(Assuming there was a creator responsible for everything of course)

4 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Still living in your head, aren't I? Use better logic next time and I won't embarrass you (you likewise will avoid embarrassing yourself). If we are to approve sexuality on ground that "people are just born that way," we must approve the (ludicrous) extension of that logic as well. This is your premise, sir, and it's a flawed one. 

Do better in the future, and I won't campout in your head.  

How did you ever make it through law school?  :dunno:

You can't even hold your own on a ******* internet forum. 

"Mr. Ad Hominem"  :laugh:

Edited by homersapien

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

"Mr. ad hominem"  :laugh:

Glad someone else saw it :laugh:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

But even if one accepts @arein0's premise that homosexuality is not a choice, it still does not move the needle. Under his view, one could maintain that sinning is not a choice and, thus, sinning is "God's plan." The latter portion is where his premise falls apart. The notion that homosexuality is not a choice, does not dictate homosexuality as "God's plan." 

So, presumably your argument or belief is homosexuality is a (sinful) choice

Got it.  :-\

Edited by homersapien

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

The topic is Biblical Marriage. 

Which quickly evolved to condemning homosexuals as sinners instead of acknowledging the reality they exist naturally as part of "God's creation" if you prefer.

• Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

"Mr. ad hominem"  :laugh:

Well, he understands the "tenants" of his faith.

And to answer the question,,, I'm guessing he cheated,,, a lot.

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

But even if one accepts @arein0's premise that homosexuality is not a choice, it still does not move the needle. Under his view, one could maintain that sinning is not a choice and, thus, sinning is "God's plan." The latter portion is where his premise falls apart. The notion that homosexuality is not a choice, does not dictate homosexuality as "God's plan." 

That's not a logical comparison.

You are equating a natural state of being (homosexuality) with the generalized category of "sinning" which is defined by choices - specifically choices that hurt others.

His premise holds.  Your logic doesn't.

Finally, assuming all creation is due to God, then if homosexuality is a part of that natural creation, then it is a part of God's intent by definition. 

The way it's taught in logic 101 is thusly:  If A = B and B = C, then A = C.

(Hopefully, that helped. :-\ )

Edited by homersapien

53 minutes ago, arein0 said:

It felt like trying to explain to flat earthers that the earth is actually round. Always came back to "but Earth flat"

And yet, here we are. :-\  ;)

Edited by homersapien

38 minutes ago, homersapien said:

His premise holds.  Your logic doesn't.

Says the guy who writes off Christianity as utter foolishness.

Thanks. Your input carries so much weight. 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Actually, you played a big role in my "making it through." I would come on here and eat your lunch every day. Gave me the confidence I needed to push through. Would have dropped out otherwise. 

So thank you, old fart. 😁

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, arein0 said:

Leviticus 11:9-12

I don't see anything there related to any discussion here. You might try:

1Corinthians 6:9-11  and   Romans1:24-32, verse 27 in particular.

Just now, Son of A Tiger said:

I don't see anything there related to any discussion here. You might try:

1Corinthians 6:9-11  and   Romans1:24-32, verse 27 in particular.

You don't see how it's relevant? Well it's an OT law like what you shared. Both claim the sin is an abomination. One is conviently forgotten by Christians, yet the other is used for condemnation.

3 minutes ago, arein0 said:

You don't see how it's relevant? Well it's an OT law like what you shared. Both claim the sin is an abomination. One is conviently forgotten by Christians, yet the other is used for condemnation.

There is a huge difference . Your quote in Leviticus has to do with what man should eat, not even close to what is said in the references I gave.

59 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Says the guy who writes off Christianity as utter foolishness.

Thanks. Your input carries so much weight. 

Stop lying.  I never said that.

And it's a pathetic attempt at evading the actual topic - which is the poor quality of your arguments.

• Facepalm 2

7 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

There is a huge difference . Your quote in Leviticus has to do with what man should eat, not even close to what is said in the references I gave.

Is that really all you got from my comment? That they are different because one is about what you eat? I spelled it out for you, how'd you miss the point that badly?

13 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Is that really all you got from my comment? That they are different because one is about what you eat? I spelled it out for you, how'd you miss the point that badly?

Yes I sure do think they are very different but if you don't so be it. Maybe others will. Where did you spell out the differences?

31 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Well it's an OT law like what you shared. Both claim the sin is an abomination. One is conviently forgotten by Christians, yet the other is used for condemnation.

Just now, Son of A Tiger said:

Yes I sure do think they are very different but if you don't so be it. Maybe others will. Where did you spell out the differences?

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Which quickly evolved to condemning homosexuals as sinners instead of acknowledging the reality they exist naturally as part of "God's creation" if you prefer.

We discussed this a few days ago. Pay attention please.

• Like 1