Biblical Marriage

AURex

14 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Easy to do when people are talking. Not full of of copy and paste and stuff like your beat a dead horse. 

Actually a civil thread. Think arein0 and Brother Homer maybe learned something. ICHY just continues kumbaya.

I was thinking about you and, your post about the Jewish friend/baseball coach.  I couldn't help but think about the parable of the sheep and the goats.  You should check it out.

That "kumbaya", is the devout belief in Jesus, the love of Jesus.  It will continue.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Humble repentant sinners. He loves all, He forgives sinners who repent.  Sinning without repentance separates you from Jesus. 

How do you determine what repentant means?

Was Jesus wrong for never preaching teaching against homosexuality?

Was Jesus wrong to say that, by loving God and, by loving you neighbor as yourself, all of the law is fulfilled?

I'm going to stick with being self righteous, being judgmental are what separate you from God.  Those are the qualities that defy/undermine the love, the sacrifice of Jesus.  They imply a sense of superiority and, that you have/can earn salvation. 

Many who have claimed "righteousness" have committed horrible acts in this world.  Those bound by, committed to the love of Jesus,,, not so much.

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2023 at 10:31 PM, arein0 said:

Of course you do. That's what you were taught. But as time goes on and more information is learned the more and more people are beginning to believe it's not a choice. Looks like something big happened in 1990 as that is the start of the massive flip, which probably explains why millennials and younger view it as not a choice.

IMG_6523.jpeg

• Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

IMG_6523.jpeg

You define mercy as killing everyone and everything on earth with the exception of those on the arc, anything that can fly, swim non stop for 40 days?

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

IMG_6523.jpeg

Switch out yard for religion and you have PUB and Nola

south-park-get-off-my-lawn-pbhp4igt5qaafygn.gif

Edited by arein0
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

You define mercy as killing everyone and everything on earth with the exception of those on the arc, anything that can fly, swim non stop for 40 days?

Icky,

You have a warped view of Christianity.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, PUB78 said:

IMG_6523.jpeg

who the hell put you in charge? and pray tell tell me what the confusion is?

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

who the hell put you in charge? and pray tell tell me what the confusion is?

I am not in charge, God is.  
Gender and sexual confusion is rampant in our nation thanks to the Demonic Democrats.

IMG_5902.jpeg

19 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

I am not in charge, God is.  
Gender and sexual confusion is rampant in our nation thanks to the Demonic Democrats.

IMG_5902.jpeg

Thank you.  This is what happens when YOUR religion and, politics displace Jesus and His love.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I always understood the rainbow to be a covenant. Never destroying the earth again by flood.

Did not take Noah long to get drunk and bring curses upon his family.

11 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:
On 6/10/2023 at 4:33 PM, homersapien said:

I actually like Nola.

I actually like you too Homer. ❤️

I like stepping on a Cottonmouth.

12 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I always understood the rainbow to be a covenant. Never destroying the earth again by flood.

Did not take Noah long to get drunk and bring curses upon his family.

I don't blame Noah. Spending 40 full days cooped up with his family and every smelly animal on earth in a boat and then you get off it and your family are the only people left that you have to interact with on a daily basis. 

Then to repopulate the earth your family has to start having wild incestuous sex with each other. 

That'd lead me to drink for sure. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Haha 1

On 6/13/2023 at 9:17 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

I don't blame Noah. Spending 40 full days cooped up with his family and every smelly animal on earth in a boat and then you get off it and your family are the only people left that you have to interact with on a daily basis. 

Then to repopulate the earth your family has to start having wild incestuous sex with each other. 

That'd lead me to drink for sure. 

Twice the Earth has had to be repopulated by one family.

Sounds reasonable.

Edited by Leftfield
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Leftfield said:

Twice the Earth has had to be repopulated by a one family.

Sounds reasonable.

Maybe God started making more people out of dirt and man ribs?

That'd suck to be a man and God telling you he has to take your entire rib cage to make a bunch more women. 

Better hope nobody ever punches you in the chest the rest of your life. 

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Maybe God started making more people out of dirt and man ribs?

That'd suck to be a man and God telling you he has to take your entire rib cage to make a bunch more women. 

Better hope nobody ever punches you in the chest the rest of your life. 

You think Adam was known as "Bird Chest" to his buddies?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

It would not have been wild or incestuous because God commanded them to repopulate.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

It would not have been wild or incestuous because God commanded them to repopulate.

How do you know they didn't have wild sex? Nothing in the Bible says they were only allowed to have plain, vanilla sex to repopulate. 

If you got to have sex with your family because God tell you to then making it fun and varied would be a lot less awkward at least. 

35 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

How do you know they didn't have wild sex? Nothing in the Bible says they were only allowed to have plain, vanilla sex to repopulate. 

If you got to have sex with your family because God tell you to then making it fun and varied would be a lot less awkward at least. 

Point is it was not incestuous. 

4 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Point is it was not incestuous. 

I believe the point is,,, the bible is not literal.

I pray you will find foundation is the love of Jesus rather than, the construct of religion.  God is not interested in how well you can be trained.  God is interested in how genuinely you can love.

The teachings of the church are not remotely close to being as important as, the teachings of Jesus.

31 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I believe the point is,,, the bible is not literal.

I pray you will find foundation is the love of Jesus rather than, the construct of religion.  God is not interested in how well you can be trained.  God is interested in how genuinely you can love.

The teachings of the church are not remotely close to being as important as, the teachings of Jesus.

You don’t know what is Biblically literal and what is not. Neither do I. 

Can you not see that people can understand Jesus love and teachings while accepting the Bible and being a small part of the church. 

BTW, there are some people that I do not want praying for me. Not sure about your prayers right now.

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

You don’t know what is Biblically literal and what is not. Neither do I. 

Can you not see that people can understand Jesus love and teachings while accepting the Bible and being a small part of the church. 

BTW, there are some people that I do not want praying for me. Not sure about your prayers right now.

It's all magic, including prayer.

But even so,  I've got enough grace not to spurn anyone who is willing to pray for me. 

Edited by homersapien