Biblical Marriage

AURex

11 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Mathematically true. You need to think.

Not familiar with rules of logic?  Do I need to keep repeating it?

Or is it you don't normally associated logic with "thinking"?

Edited by homersapien

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Repetition is often required with slow learners.

I would call you stubborn learner rather than slow. No sense in boring everyone with rehash.

Edited by SaltyTiger

30 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Says the guy who writes off Christianity as utter foolishness.

Thanks. Your input carries so much weight. 

Christianity is full of foolishness.  But, Christianity and Jesus are different.

• Like 1

Christianity involving Jesus is equally full of foolishness. They are NOT different. But okay, I've donned my tinfoil hat and wartime armor, so blast away. :jossun:

Edited by AURex
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, AURex said:

Christianity involving Jesus is equally full of foolishness. They are NOT different. But okay, I've donned my tinfoil hat and wartime armor, so blast away. :jossun:

Rex just wants this to go another 28 pages :laugh:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

Stop lying.  I never said that.

And it's a pathetic attempt at evading the actual topic - which is the poor quality of your arguments.

Awe, did I ruffle your feathers?

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

No.  You just lied about me.

Sorry but I did not catch it. Why do you and ICHY revert to calling good people liars?

Nola is a lawyer but his ethics and morals are beyond reproach. Just vouching for him.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Sorry but I did not catch it. Why do you and ICHY revert to calling good people liars?

Nola is a lawyer but his ethics and morals are beyond reproach. Just vouching for him.

Because sometimes those "good people" say false things about me, in particular about what I "think" or have said.

I actually like Nola.  But I don't know him well enough to say his ethics and morals are "beyond reproach".  Since he is a lawyer, I can only hope that is true. 

But I was addressing a particular untrue statement - in other words, a lie.  Perhaps he merely applied a little too much lawyerly spin in it's wording, but if so, he's free to make that defense.  Until then, I'll just call it a lie. 

(Note, that doesn't mean he is a "liar" which implies a certain amount of repetition or  consistency. So time will tell on that.)

Does that help?

Edited by homersapien

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Because sometimes those "good people" say false things about me, in particular about what I "think" or have said.

I actually like Nola.  But I don't know him well enough to say his ethics and morals are "beyond reproach".  Since he is a lawyer, I can only hope that is true. 

But I was addressing a particular untrue statement - in other words, a lie.  Perhaps he merely applied a little too much lawyerly spin in it's wording, but if so, he's free to make that defense.  Until then, I'll just call it a lie. 

(Note, that doesn't mean he is a "liar" which implies a certain amount of repetition or  consistency.)

Does that help?

Yes it helps. Good explanation and in a sense apology. Doubt ITCY is capable of following your very fine and kind example Brother Homer.

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Yes it helps. Good explanation and in a sense apology. Doubt ITCY is capable of following your very fine and kind example Brother Homer.

That was no apology. 

While I didn't call him a "liar" (as you suggested I did) he did lie about me, and I asked him to "stop lying".  You can still see his response to that.

(ITCHY obviously touched a very "tender" (vulnerable) spot with you, huh? )

• Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Beat A Dead Horse GIFs | GIFDB.com

Understand David but for the past few days this has been the only  thread not about the Trump Indictment. Some folks obviously think that every article and opinion needs a new thread.

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That was no apology. 

While I didn't call him a "liar" (as you suggested I did) he did lie about me, and I asked him to "stop lying".  You can still see his response to that.

(ITCHY obviously touched a very "tender" (vulnerable) spot with you, huh? )

I took it as an apology thanks.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Understand David but for the past few days this has been the only  thread not about the Trump Indictment. Some folks obviously think that every article and opinion needs a new thread.

What on earth needs to be discussed 28 pages and counting? Do you think anyone on here is actually listening to any other person at this point?

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

You may force people out of YOUR church but,,, you cannot stop people from following Jesus.

Jesus loves humble sinners.  Being judgmental and self righteous separates you from Jesus.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

You may force people out of YOUR church but,,, you cannot stop people from following Jesus.

Jesus loves humble sinners.  Being judgmental and self righteous separates you from Jesus.

Amen. Lot's of folks here need to read that a few times.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Humble repentant sinners. He loves all, He forgives sinners who repent.  Sinning without repentance separates you from Jesus. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 4:54 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Easy to do when people are talking. Not full of of copy and paste and stuff like your beat a dead horse. 

Actually a civil thread. Think arein0 and Brother Homer maybe learned something. ICHY just continues kumbaya.

16 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Actually a civil thread. Think arein0 and Brother Homer maybe learned something. ICHY just continues kumbaya.

I learned way more people believe that homosexuality is a choice than I had originally thought.