GA TECH

mamaslove

What do you guys want to see as the first offensive play from scrimmage? While I would definitely settle for consecutive drives of points scored (and the good guys obviously scoring more points) all night,I would love for Tech to receive the opening kick and go 3 and out (obviously capped off by a punishing sack on 3rd and forever).

Punt -> Good field position -> AU ball on or around midfield.

We run a play action boot to the left side and find a streaking Devin Aromashodu down the sidelines for a HUGE gain if not six. If we got inside the 10 with that play, a huge hole in the line for Trey or Kenny "I Love Candy" Irons would be next on my wish list.

If the above plays out = Jordan Hare is as loud as the UGA game last year, and I finish about 2/3 of my "Jordan Hare Special" in 2 big gulps.

I am officially going crazy...WAR DAMN SEPT. 3!!!

We run a play action boot to the left side and find a streaking Devin Aromashodu down the sidelines for a HUGE gain if not six.  If we got inside the 10 with that play, a huge hole in the line for Trey or Kenny "I Love Candy" Irons would be next on my wish list."

174809[/snapback]

You been digging in my brain, mamaslove? I have run that same scenerio through my head a dozen times this summer. PA roll out to the left hitting Devin. Dang it is freaky. If I have thought about it and you have thought about it you can bet Chang Gailey has thought about it right? Maybe we should break out the wishbone for the first play. Hmmmm.

We run a play action boot to the left side and find a streaking Devin Aromashodu down the sidelines for a HUGE gain if not six.  If we got inside the 10 with that play, a huge hole in the line for Trey or Kenny "I Love Candy" Irons would be next on my wish list."

174809[/snapback]

You been digging in my brain, mamaslove? I have run that same scenerio through my head a dozen times this summer. PA roll out to the left hitting Devin. Dang it is freaky. If I have thought about it and you have thought about it you can bet Chang Gailey has thought about it right? Maybe we should break out the wishbone for the first play. Hmmmm.

174815[/snapback]

All of my "wishes" aside, I will be truly surprised if we are anything but conservative on our first series. Given Tubs defensive background, Cox being new, AU's great D, etc., I would side on them wanting Cox and Co. to get in a rhythym to set the stage for the game.

HOWEVER, I would love to see some SHOCK AND AWE immediately!! Can you imagine how crazy JH would be if we were up by 7 and Tech was receiving the ball AGAIN with about 12 minutes to go in the first quarter. Jeez, I'm jonesin' for AU football...

Guest Tigrinum Major

I would settle for some play action to Trey, Cox standing with right hand on hip and left hand behind his back, ala' Gary Hollingsworth (best play action QB ever, even if he was misguided in his college days), then hitting Taylor on a crossing route for about a 25 yard gain.

Play action to Tre and hit Courtney on a 20 yard skinny post. They will hook up early and often. CT is unstoppable.

Okay, I'll settle for a 6 yard off-tackle run by Tre. :big:

I think Cox should come out gunning. Why be conservative. If he comes out firing that will be a huge boost and motovation for him.

Of course it could be other way around but I think Cox is ready. Come out firing and if things turn out bad then let the dogs loose on defense and then come out in second series gunning again.

I see total domination with our D :roflol:

:au:

Actually I would love to see Trey Smith and Kenny Irons pound the Yellow Jackets for about 65 yeards on 12 carries with Cox hitting Obomanu for a TD from 5 yards out on 3rd and goal. Eating up over 9 minutes of football. Then the Defense take over with Will Herring returning a INT 45yards for a TD. End of 1st qarter.

Final 32-12

That is my fantasy what I really expect is Auburn winning a fairly close game 20-13.

I will settle for 3-0 Auburn :cheer:

First play, Tre off tackle for about 8 yards. :au:

First play, Tre off tackle for about 8 yards. :au:

174885[/snapback]

That's what I am thinking, anything going in the right direction.

First play wil be a running play behind big McNeil OR BC in shotgun with 4 wide outs. I almost expect more of the shotgun with 4 wide outs as accurate as BC has been in fall practice, but erring on the side of caution CTT and CAB may decide to let the jitters get out before throwing that first pass. May see a running play followed by a play action. I think what ever you think we will run when we do have that first play, you will be suprised

While we are being encouraged to dream... :)

1) GT wins the toss and elects to defer.

2) # 1 returns the opening kick...102 yards for six

3) The "Riverboat Gambler" reappears and we recover the on-side kick.

4) After #22 picks up a solid five on 1st down, #12 hits # 86 on a slant route, CT breaks a tackle, breaks up the middle of the field...give 'em six!

4) GT: "No way, they try another..." A pouch kick falls behind the initial line of GT return team, #3 recovers. AU 1st and 10.

5) #23 takes a pitch breaks three tackles and goes 50 yards for the score!!

:au: 21 - Ga Tech offense not on the field yet

I could type more...but you get the idea. It continues into the night, I can feel less guilty leaving a little early. After all, I do have to preach at 9:00 am on Sept. 4th!

Man, this is fun :big:

:au: War Eagle :au:

I'm a fan of suprises....

Ace backfield with 1 TE. All the receivers end up on one side of the ball and Brandon runs the ball to the opposite side for big yards.

I'm a fan of suprises....

Ace backfield with 1 TE. All the receivers end up on one side of the ball and Brandon runs the ball to the opposite side for big yards.

174957[/snapback]

And then Brandon gets smeared by 3 LBs coming his way and gets hurt.

I really dont like that play call at all <_<

Lets stick to the big pass play :big:

What do you guys want to see as the first offensive play from scrimmage?  While I would definitely settle for consecutive drives of points scored (and the good guys obviously scoring more points) all night,I would love for Tech to receive the opening kick and go 3 and out (obviously capped off by a punishing sack on 3rd and forever).

We run a play action boot to the left side and find a streaking Devin Aromashodu down the sidelines for a HUGE gain if not six.  If we got inside the 10 with that play, a huge hole in the line for Trey or Kenny "I Love Candy" Irons would be next on my wish list.

If the above plays out = Jordan Hare is as loud as the UGA game last year, and I finish about 2/3 of my "Jordan Hare Special" in 2 big gulps.

174809[/snapback]

By the way, your named after a Momma Goldberg's sandwich :thumbsup:

Brandon, totally unfazed by a blitz, calmly hits Tre, a secondary target, on a short outlet pass--Tre then gains 60+ yards and scores, after breaking tackles & juking several defenders...

Show the world right off the bat that we don't need our 1st-round draft choices at QB & RB!

Isn't it fun to dream of that first series of plays !!!

What I've thought of is very similar to the way we started the Arkansas game. First play an off tackle play to the left side - 8 yds. Second play up the middle for the first down - 3 yds. THIRD play is a PA fake and Cox hides ball on hip (like JC did to bammar several years ago) and hits a wide receiver deep for a TD.

Isn't it fun to dream of that first series of plays !!!

In typical CTT fashion, the smallest player on the field (TS) will be run right at the biggest players (GT line) between tackle and guard, or straight up the centers snap hole. All of this for a 1 yard gain. :angry:

Second play- 58 yard bomb for TD. :cheer:

My odds on 1st play:

Run: 80%

Play-action pass: 15% (most likely to Cooper Wallace)

Long pass: 5% (most likely to Aromashodu)

What I would like to see:

3 Stacked receivers on left, Courtney on right. This play was run against Bama on 3rd and about 8, for a first down to Obomanu crossing left to right. Lost in the melee was the fact that Courtney crossed underneath (right to left) and went up the left side and was WIDE OPEN, probably for a touchdown.

This time he gets it.

Guest Tigrinum Major
In typical CTT fashion, the smallest player on the field (TS) will be run right at the biggest players (GT line) between tackle and guard, or straight up the centers snap hole. All of this for a 1 yard gain. :angry:

Second play- 58 yard bomb for TD. :cheer:

174989[/snapback]

I knew you weren't as big a pessimist as you act!

What do you guys want to see as the first offensive play from scrimmage?  While I would definitely settle for consecutive drives of points scored (and the good guys obviously scoring more points) all night,I would love for Tech to receive the opening kick and go 3 and out (obviously capped off by a punishing sack on 3rd and forever).

We run a play action boot to the left side and find a streaking Devin Aromashodu down the sidelines for a HUGE gain if not six.  If we got inside the 10 with that play, a huge hole in the line for Trey or Kenny "I Love Candy" Irons would be next on my wish list.

174809[/snapback]

By the way, your named after a Momma Goldberg's sandwich :thumbsup:

174969[/snapback]

Great sandwich. One of the things I miss from AU!!!!

i'm thinking like play action to taylor down the sideline for about 50-60 yards kinda like the first play against Tenn in the SECCG

Archived