Ike Irish Returning

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Super talented player. Has a next level swing. It’s going to be fun to watch him and Standfield the next couple of years. Needs to corral the body language antics with umpires. 

• Like 2

As Gwebb indicated, Ike is as close to a "can't miss" player as there is.    As for his head shaking, the times have changed.   Stuff like that 30 years ago would get you ear-holed and/or tossed.   Today Umps will tolerate just about anything other than looking back and saying something directly to them.   For Ike, it is part of his game.   He dwells on every pitch.   Sometimes he is saying that wasn't a strike.   Sometimes he is saying that wasn't the pitch I was looking for.   Sometimes it is that wasn't;t the location I was looking for.   At all times it is his way of pumping himself up and not showing up the ump.   Butch did get one thing wrong this year.  He told me early on "this kid Irish is the real deal (that part was right) and at some point he is going to get us in a free for all brawl (thankfully that didn't happen).   But, it speaks to how seriously Butch sees Ike taking the game.   There are not many freshman, in this league, that have that kind of moxy and game.  Give him a full off-season with our trainers and strength coaches.   He will hit .350 again next year but look for 15-20 HRs. 

• Like 2

• Like 2