2024 SEC Opponents announced - Home: A&M, Ark, Vandy, OU Away: Bama, UGA, Mizzou, UK

W.E.D

There are definitely changes to CFB that I don't like. This isn't one of them; I don't see why so many hate the addition of TX and OK.

16 minutes ago, cbo said:

Agree. That's a brutal slate for Bama. Plus they play at Wisconsin, who could be pretty good by then. 

That's Sankey sticking it to Saban for whining publicly about uat's proposed 3 permanents in the 9-game scenario and then campaigning to sway the SEC schedule vote last week.  Why Auburn chose to side with Saban on an 8-game schedule I'll never understand?

Act like a crybaby to get your way and see what it gets you later.  lol 

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

There are definitely changes to CFB that I don't like. This isn't one of them; I don't see why so many hate the addition of TX and OK.

I don't hate UT/OK, I hate expansion in general and never wanted the SEC to grow 12 teams.  I fail to see what value Mizzou has brought to this conference, or aTm for that matter? 

But I understand times are changing, and the SEC had to take the upper hand to secure the highest-level teams they could get through expansion.  On we grow busting at the seams.  

14 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Well, Texas never met a conference they didn't destroy. This will be a good test for them. 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

I don't hate UT/OK, I hate expansion in general and never wanted the SEC to grow 12 teams.  I fail to see what value Mizzou has brought to this conference, or aTm for that matter? 

But I understand times are changing, and the SEC had to take the upper hand to secure the highest-level teams they could get through expansion.  On we grow busting at the seams.  

Ideally, yes, the SEC would've stayed at the original 10 and we all would've played each other each year (I know that had never actually happened, but still). The format from 2002-11 was pretty good. The '12-'23 format has sucked hard, though I would argue the '92-'01 format wasn't great either.

• Like 1

I wonder if the SEC will just keep the normal schedules for 2024 and plug in UT/OK to replace the rotating opponent slot for that year?  Then they can re-evaluate once UT/OK join and take another vote for the 9-game format.  Seems that would've been the simplest way to deal with the '24 season.  

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

They should do a live lottery ball drawing for the schedule.  

Might as well. 

21 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

I wonder if the SEC will just keep the normal schedules for 2024 and plug in UT/OK to replace the rotating opponent slot for that year?  Then they can re-evaluate once UT/OK join and take another vote for the 9-game format.  Seems that would've been the simplest way to deal with the '24 season.  

They're not doing that, and I'm incredibly glad (as are USCe fans--would've gone to UAT and Clemson on top of hosting Georgia).

I get they had to do it to satisfy A&M but I wish the LSS had stayed with being in Austin on even years, CS on odd.

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

Well, Texas never met a conference they didn't destroy. This will be a good test for them. 😀

Them immediately not getting their way and having to play @ College Station will be a nice start to let them know they don't run s*** like they are used to

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Them immediately not getting their way and having to play @ College Station will be a nice start to let them know they don't run s*** like they are used to

Unless it's on Thanksgiving or Black Friday, you can pretty much pencil in a Gameday visit.

Also, UAT is reportedly hosting Georgia and visiting Oklahoma. They should replace game at Wisconsin with game at Hawaii, for old time's sake. ;)

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Unless it's on Thanksgiving or Black Friday, you can pretty much pencil in a Gameday visit.

Also, UAT is reportedly hosting Georgia and visiting Oklahoma. They should replace game at Wisconsin with game at Hawaii, for old time's sake. ;)

Possibly.  They haven't played in 10 years.  But idk if they are both 7-4 how much of a draw it'll be outside that fanbase. 

32 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Hilarious because since that leak what's trending is UTx fans are mad salty right now.

• Haha 1

Oklahoma coming to JHS

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Oklahoma coming to JHS

Leaking perfect the show. Got to love it 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Leaking perfect the show. Got to love it 

Same.  Amazing build up only to have it all leaked 15 minutes before the show

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

Auwent just jizzed in his pants.

That guy would type a post, but @AUwent's hands are cramping due to all the handwringing 

• Haha 3