2024 SEC Opponents announced - Home: A&M, Ark, Vandy, OU Away: Bama, UGA, Mizzou, UK

W.E.D

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Florida has 11 top 5 schools and play 3 Florida schools for the Florida state championship. I am very impressed with their schedule.

How can one have 11 top 5 schools?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Florida has 11 top 5 schools and play 3 Florida schools for the Florida state championship. I am very impressed with their schedule.

May be the hardest schedule ….. ever?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Also, Tim Tebow joking about being 0-2 against Auburn. That is wild.  Wish we would've got them.

The schedule JD McCarthy posted was awesome but I'm not complaining about what we got.

Also lol @ A&M still not hosting Georgia.

Edited by AUwent

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

How can one have 11 top 5 schools?

I meant power five schools, but you probably already knew that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

May be the hardest schedule ….. ever?

I wonder what they were thinking with that but good for them. I see we have Cal as our automatic power 5, and they have three power 5 schools in addition to their SEC foes. That is effin wild.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

I meant power five schools, but you probably already knew that.

I honestly didn't.  I was confused.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Does this possibly mean we travel to OU in 2025? Asking so I can desperately see an Auburn game.

SEC is claiming this is a 1 year deal and 2025 is completely unknown, there is no rotation set up.  So....who knows

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I wish they would've split home/away with bama/UGA but giving us the little sisters of the East is beautiful 

I kind of hope Georgia cycles off the schedule after 24. We can play them in a championship game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

SEC is claiming this is a 1 year deal and 2025 is completely unknown, there is no rotation set up.  So....who knows

They're probably going to want to see the 12 team playoff in action to see if any three-loss teams get picked. So for that reason, I fully believe 2025 will be another bridge schedule.

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I'm still trying to get used to the idea of no divisions lol 

I’m kinda excited about it.  When the East rumors were going around I was excited to play some different away games.  Real excited about more games in Knoxville and Gainesville not to mention Austin and Norman.

• Love 1

35 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

They just had the #4 recruiting class…

And we just went 5-7. We should at least be concerned. 

• Like 2

Outside of UGA and bama,  all other opponents AU has very little history with.  I mean, when has an AU schedule ever included both UK and Vandy?

46 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Does this possibly mean we travel to OU in 2025? Asking so I can desperately see an Auburn game.

When it happens, I'll meet you there.

• Love 1

As an Auburn fan for the past 65 years or whenever I was old enough to choose I expected to get screwed when the schedule came out but I am pleasantly surprised.  It looks like they did a heck of a job in making this thing fair across the board.  I know somebody is going to bitch about something but it looks very good to me!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Auwent just jizzed in his pants.

Na. He'd find a way to Jimbo it up. lol American Pie refernce.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Na. He'd find a way to Jimbo it up. lol American Pie refernce.

The first two movies are massive guilty pleasures of mine...so much nostalgic value (I might have a small crush on Allyson, ha).

Third is crap, never saw the fourth.

Edited by AUwent
  • Love 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 SEC Opponents - Home: A&M, Ark, Vandy, OU Away: Bama, UGA, Mizzou, UK
1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

It’s really not terribly different than what Auburn has now.  Trade LSU for Oklahoma and the Mississippi schools for Vandy and Kentucky.  Cal at home along with ULM and New Mexico State.  8-4

@Win4AU You are underselling us buddy. With that schedule & another off season for Freeze to revamp whatever else is needed on the roster & we can make a playoff run in 2024 given it will go to 12 teams.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GreenTiger said:

Are we worried about Oklahoma?? 

I'm not. They struggled on the road often in the little 12.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ellitor said:

@Win4AU You are underselling us buddy. With that schedule & another off season for Freeze to revamp whatever else is needed on the roster & we can make a playoff run in 2024 given it will go to 12 teams.

I would say I’m holding out for 25 when we get UGA and Bama at home but who knows what 25 holds.  I was being a little snarky about the 8-4.  

• Like 1