Wendell Greene Headed to the G-League

toddc

Congratulations young man! I’m so happy for this guy getting his shot. Go show them how it’s done brother.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2

Wendell Green Jr. set to join Cleveland Cavaliers for NBA Summer League

Sam Gillenwater

Michael Chang | Getty Images

Auburn guard Wendell Green Jr. was not one of the 58 players who heard their name called during the 2023 NBA Draft. Still, as the wave of undrafted signings continue to roll in in the aftermath, he has found his place where he’ll start his professionalbasketball career.

Per Chris Haynes at Bleacher Report, Green will sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers and compete with them at the NBA Summer League. That word came via Daniel Hazan, the representation for the former Tiger.

Green spent the last two seasons on The Plains after starting his collegiate career with Eastern Kentucky.

Over his two years with Auburn, Green averaged 12.9 points and 4.6 assists per game in 68 games. After coming off the bench in his first year upon arrival, he then became a full-time starter in ’22-’23 as he finished second on the team in scoring (13.7) and first in assists (4.1) and steals (1.7).

At 5’11, Green provided a lively scoring punch and some offensive flare for the Tigers during his time there. Now, he’ll look to prove any doubters of his wrong again with his shot with the Cavaliers in The Land this summer.

Thats awesome for Green and i hope he can find some success in pro basketball somewhere. Hard to see him making it in the NBA if Cooper and Harper couldn't do it....but there are a lot of pro leagues out there where a guy like Wendall can make really good money.  

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Thats awesome for Green and i hope he can find some success in pro basketball somewhere. Hard to see him making it in the NBA if Cooper and Harper couldn't do it....but there are a lot of pro leagues out there where a guy like Wendall can make really good money.  

Yep … don’t have to play in the nba to be a success.  Playing pro ball, getting paid to play a game and travel the world … not a bad gig.

plus at any time in the future, auburn will open her arms for him to complete his degree.

23 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Sharife, Wendell, Okoro on the Cavs…hope they can get another ring at some point  

Guess that needs to be my team lol

45 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Guess that needs to be my team lol

Cooper not getting called up to the main team at all worries me - his stats didn't look great as far as projecting to a NBA type of guy, but they were probably the most improved NBA team in the Eastern Conference and they still have one of the more valid guard duos between Darius Garland and Donovan Mitchell.

If you don't already have a team, I'd recommend just occasionally checking in. They're a good not great team, but greatness is very realistic 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Cooper not getting called up to the main team at all worries me - his stats didn't look great as far as projecting to a NBA type of guy, but they were probably the most improved NBA team in the Eastern Conference and they still have one of the more valid guard duos between Darius Garland and Donovan Mitchell.

If you don't already have a team, I'd recommend just occasionally checking in. They're a good not great team, but greatness is very realistic 

Well I'm in central KY so now I'm about equa-distant from a bunch of different teams.  Might as well root for Auburn guys. 

• Like 1