Grift.... Chris Christie finally calls out the Trump kids.

AU9377

Go to 3:52  This is only a portion of the many examples.  Jared Kushner started an investment firm in order to accept large investments from the very countries he built relationships with while his father in law was President.  We can pretend that makes sense.

• Thanks 1

he said this a couple of weeks ago. he has been speaking out about it regularly. writer wants some clicks. but hell locke them up. i want to see trumps daughter cry and have to do her own nails in prison. her old man i assume will be some dudes bitch if he does not have federal protection. oh well a man can dream...........

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

he said this a couple of weeks ago. he has been speaking out about it regularly. writer wants some clicks. but hell locke them up. i want to see trumps daughter cry and have to do her own nails in prison. her old man i assume will be some dudes bitch if he does not have federal protection. oh well a man can dream...........

I realize that this was from his announcement speech.  I didn't realize how many people that listen only to right wing media know nothing about it until I was around a few on the 4th.  All they wanted to talk about was Hunter getting money from China, although they had no idea how much and when.

"And sadly, the biggest issue isn’t just possible corruption by our current, prior or future first families. The biggest issue and the most important story to tell is the media’s different treatment of the stories. The impunity which results from suppressing vital information from the American public makes our version of democracy a joke, and places us right up there with other regimes using censorship and propaganda as tools of the state and powerful elites."

Interesting that Christie put Kushner's father in jail.  Trump of course pardoned Kushner's father on his way out of office.

We need to stop looking at parties and individuals as the problem.  The system itself is corrupt.  The "checks and balances" are no longer sufficient.  Corruption will always exist.  This is different.  The system now sanctions, encourages, responds to corruption.  The government is for sale. 

20 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I realize that this was from his announcement speech.  I didn't realize how many people that listen only to right wing media know nothing about it until I was around a few on the 4th.  All they wanted to talk about was Hunter getting money from China, although they had no idea how much and when.

We spent the weekend Biking the Virginia Creeper Trail and hiking all over southwest VA.  Went to a July 4 celebration in Damascus, VA. Beautiful people who have bought hook, line, and sinker into a lie. 

They would go off on a diatribe about Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, how democrats were demon possessed (literally), ect.  I calmly listened to them, for which they were quite grateful. I will leave out the Theological discussion, but concentrate on the political.

I would just ask, what evidence do you have that would stand up in court?

That was a thought they had not encountered before.  

I nicely explained that, as a professor, I had to document EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING, that happened during each lesson, each meeting, whatever that I did at the university, as if I was going to use it as evidence in court. Then provide more evidence.  And that was just to protect myself from what a student might say about me or another colleague. I finished with, "If there is real evidence, bring it forward, prove it in court, and lock his ass up."

They weren't ready for that.

It then became, "Don't you think all this stuff against Trump is politically motivated?" 

"No, not really."

"How can you say that?!"

"Well, because it's Republicans and his own people testifying against him.  That speaks volumes to me. And the evidence is undeniable, and voluminous. I mean, y'all are the ones who cry 'Where there is smoke there is fire.' So, this argument seems kinda hypocritical to me."

That ended the conversations with most. Not all.  Several appreciated that I listened.  And I realized that people are not willing to actually listen to a viewpoint that is different.  They just want theirs heard and implemented. And that happens on both sides, but it runs rampant on the Right in the US.  Especially in the states that depend upon others just to be able to exist, like Alabama, Mississippi, Idaho, and Montana.

It's not scary.  It's just sad. 

And it won't get any better because people would rather believe a lie than deal with the truth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

It's not scary.  It's just sad. 

And it won't get any better because people would rather believe a lie than deal with the truth.

I disagree.  I think it is scary.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2