Napa Valley Vacation

chuck

I'm going to be in Napa with my wife for a couple of days before labor day weekend. We are looking to go to 6-8 vineyards - anyone had any good/not so good experiences to share as far as vineyards go.

Appreciate it!

wde

I'm going to be in Napa with my wife for a couple of days before labor day weekend.  We are looking to go to 6-8 vineyards - anyone had any good/not so good experiences to share as far as vineyards go.

Appreciate it!

wde

175222[/snapback]

My favorite is Opus One. It's my favotite wine and when you go there you understand whay it stands abovee the rest. Second is Sterling. You will enjoy it. Others I like are Mondavi and Clos du Bois.

In Sonoma, do Rodney Strong and the one next door "J" (obviously my fav :big: ) The J champagne is INCREDIBLE. I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E. I keep a bottle in my house at all times. They also charge a lot for a tasting, BUT... they do food pairings with it too, so it is more than worth it.

J Lohr is Fabulous too. LOVE their Cab.

The gardens at Beringer are worth going to see - just don't drink the wine (ha).

Between Napa and Sonoma is the Coppola winery - as in Francis Ford. Pretty good stuff.

Ferrari Carano is a pinko leftwing vinyard - they are HUGE Clinton supporters, even tho they are Italian, and supplied a LOT of the wines for the state dinners at the White House during Slick's term. They also have a HUGE bronze statue of an Arkansas Razorback on the front lawn. Beautiful winery and the tour is very interesting, but PINKO! :)

Ironically, I just got back tonight from a weekend in the Niagara wine country in Ontario, Canada. I am just about "wined out" for at least a week. :)

Forget that brown bag Napa rot gut anti-freeze. You guys need to come over to real wine country. Once you go Tuscan or Jerez, you never go back to California! :D

Just give me a nice cheap Lambrusco ANY time. :)

:au::homer:

Archived