2024 4* CB Jalewis Solomon (10/16: South Carolina)

ellitor

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Kids are being paid to visit, paid not to visit, paid to commit, paid not to commit.  There'll be lots of signing day drama coming out of that setup.  

Caps/jerseys won't be a thing on signing day anymore. There will be a tote board behind the recruit's table 

PhotoGrid_1697047732894.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

Some are spinning it on social media that our recruiting class is about to be so lit that Solomon was gonna be 5th at best on the secondary depth chart and if he wanted to be WR he was gonna be 5th or 6th at best on the WR depth chart. 

@TeamZero77 5th or 6th depth chart for the class alone or 5th or 6th on roster if he enrolled at AU? He is a top target at CB. We are only taking 3 CBs in the class & word is he is in the top 2 targets with Crawford. As for WR, he would probably be lower than 5th or 6th in the class as I believe he is not a WR target for us. We have 3 WRs in the class and want 4-5 total. We are in a solid spot to land 1-2 more we like better at WR than Solomon.

So I don't buy what AU podcasts and writers are putting out saying we told JS to look elsewhere because he wants to be a WR. 

I doubt we told him to look elsewhere because we want him as a CB and would take him there. If he wants to do both then it's on him to look elsewhere but I doubt we told him to outright look.

But when the kid decommits, that player is suddenly not good enough for us and it doesn't hurt AU at all because AUBURN always tells the player to leave, not come here, etc. AUBURN never loses a player to another rival or any school in general. That's how some around our program always spin these things. 

May wanna stop listening to wherever you are getting this narative from. I know the insiders on here and reptable reporters and insiders on AU pay sites don't push that narative.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, gr82be said:

Caps/jerseys won't be a thing on signing day anymore. There will be a tote board behind the recruit's table 

PhotoGrid_1697047732894.jpg

This has unfortunately become way too accurate.

• Like 2

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 4* CB Jalewis Solomon (10/16: South Carolina)
2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Committed to Carolina. AU working to try to get him back.

Could we start a trend and use the following for recruits who have announced a changeable pledge to a school before the pledge is binding:

OLD: commit, commits, commits to, committed

NEW: declare, declares, declares for, declared

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

Committed to Carolina. AU working to try to get him back.

I don't mean to sound asinine, but if AU couldn't keep him because we were dead set on him playing CB, a position the guy doesn't want to play and therefore lost him..........then how are we working hard to get him back? 

Are the coaches all of the sudden now willing to take him at WR all because they lost his commitment?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

then how are we working hard to get him back?

@JerryAU A couple of guesses.

1. Stay on him in case his lead recruiter for Carolina leaves for another job at a school he doesn't want to go to.

Vince Mcmahon Money GIFs | Tenor

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

Are the coaches all of the sudden now willing to take him at WR all because they lost his commitment? 

No.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

1. Stay on him in case his lead recruiter for Carolina leaves for another job at a school he doesn't want to go to.

Vince Mcmahon Money GIFs | Tenor

Silly sidebar…did y’all realize how much money Vince McMahon made through the WWF/WWE?

IMG_0465.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

Silly sidebar…did y’all realize how much money Vince McMahon made through the WWF/WWE?

IMG_0465.png

Yup. & Still cut way too many employees on a near yearly basis.

3 hours ago, AUINSY said:

IMG_0465.png

He's one of the greatest sports commissioners of all time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, woodford said:

We should get him as our next athletics director. Imagine him and Deion Sanders…🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

Gotcha.   

This sounds very familiar to comments made during portal recruiting in the spring where it was said Auburn was going to stay hot & heavy trying to flip some players from OleMiss, in case Kiffin lost his job or bolted from OleMiss.

JMO, it sounds more like wish-casting with nothing really concrete and gets tossed to the masses to ease the fans nerves about losing a quality recruit.  

Let's give Vince McMahon an Honary Doctorate in exchange a for a big NIL check.  Only half kidding. LOL.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Gotcha.   

This sounds very familiar to comments made during portal recruiting in the spring where it was said Auburn was going to stay hot & heavy trying to flip some players from OleMiss, in case Kiffin lost his job or bolted from OleMiss.

JMO, it sounds more like wish-casting with nothing really concrete and gets tossed to the masses to ease the fans nerves about losing a quality recruit.  

@JerryAU I don't think it's wish-casting. I think when you have a top target committed elsewhere you stay on him in case something changes, especially with a former commit & especially in the NIL era.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Man, just stay uncommitted until signing day lol. 

A money in the bank wrestling match on ENSD between Hugh & Beamer where the winner gives JS the briefcase? lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/18/2023 at 9:45 PM, woodford said:

Dude took a stink face from Rikishi and about 2000 stunners. He deserves his $9 billion

• Haha 3

On 11/10/2023 at 1:49 PM, ellitor said:

Bump. Sounds like AU is doing that Rocky Balboa fighting back thing.

dpRz2G.gif

Makes sense. South Carolina has nothing to offer him that isn't better at Auburn. If they want to break the bank for him, that's fine, go. But South Carolina's fanbase is mad and the boosters aren't too thrilled either, so good luck replenishing that account without them.

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

I feel like he knows Auburn is the better option to go with right now but South Carolina is where his heart is imo

I completely agree. That def seems to be the case. Good for him. Always a chance we get him the second time around if he’s ever in the portal.

• Like 3