2024 4* CB Jalewis Solomon (10/16: South Carolina)

ellitor

46 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

If I remember correctly, Emmitt never beat Auburn, and never had a 100 yard game against us.

Another tidbit. Urban and Tebo never beat AU. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1ZkKzXRMyzNJv

Listening to a Twitter space with Jeffrey Lee from on3. He said it was back and forth in the last like 30 minutes and Jalewis told AU no twice but they weren’t taking no for an answer

Admittedly a worrywart, but this makes me concerned it may not stick. 

11 hours ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

@WarrrEagleHey FWIW I'm pretty sure the staff will do everything in their power to make it stick. The staff felt it was absolutely a must to go at least 1 for 2 on Saturday with Solomon & Bolden and they did.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The staff felt it was absolutely a must to go at least 1 for 2 on Saturday with Solomon & Bolden and they did

Oh, I agree and am super excited. I don't know a lot about the ins and outs of recruiting, and haven't really followed it at all until very recently, so I realize I don't grasp all the nuances. I know it's always a risk that a recruit will change their commitment prior to signing, and we in fact will probably continue to pursue players that have committed elsewhere, but that last second, pressured switch just makes me uneasy.

2 hours ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

but that last second, pressured switch just makes me uneasy.

Well just be prepared for it to happen often now that we are in the NIL era.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

It shouldn’t . He had a superb relationship wit USCe but I am betting they cannot match close to what we offered NIL wise. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 6:52 PM, NewYrkTiger said:

Worst recruiting loss in our history. I’ll always contend that.

Never thought about it, but you're right. I can't think of a bigger recruiting loss, esp over the course of three seasons.

Our defenses were so damn good in 87 & 88. We barely had a pulse of offense against the top defenses. Emmitt would have been huge those seasons post-Fullwood.

I rewatched the 87 IB last night. I had forgotten Tracy Rocker was out injured that game. And we still skunked them. Man I would have loved to have seen Aundray Bruce and Rocker play together that game.

On 8/8/2023 at 11:37 AM, ellitor said:

Well just be prepared for it to happen often now that we are in the NIL era.

Exactly!   Some will go our way (Solomon).  Some will go the other way (Coleman).   It’s just the nature of the game now!

If South Carolina still had a chance, I'm pretty sure their fanbase reaction squashed it. That got ugly quick.

Great to have him though!! Our defensive backfield did nothing but get better when he committed! 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

If South Carolina still had a chance, I'm pretty sure their fanbase reaction squashed it. That got ugly quick.

Great to have him though!! Our defensive backfield did nothing but get better when he committed! 

Beamer ended it with his "follow up messages"

On 8/17/2023 at 8:20 AM, bigbird said:

Beamer ended it with his "follow up messages"

What did he say?

50 minutes ago, DAG said:

What did he say?

Just bad mouthing the decision and he way JS handled it.  The exact wording was petty and very bitter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Just bad mouthing the decision and he way JS handled it.  The exact wording was petty and very bitter.

He’s young, but he’s going to have to learn to not burn bridges!!!   He should’ve taken notes on the way CHF handled the Coleman situation.    If/when the Jimbo ship burns to the ground, Cam knows he can flip (or transfer) to AU!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@GAAubie Link(s)?

See new posts

Conversation

Ain’t over yet💯

An Auburn fan brought to the fanbases attention Solomon’s liked tweets. In conjunction to Solomon’s tweet, he also liked a post made by national recruiting expert, Hayes Fawcett, that says “Decommitment SZN”

From Auburn Daily on FanNation

Edited by GAAubie
More info

23 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

See new posts

Conversation

Ain’t over yet💯

An Auburn fan brought to the fanbases attention Solomon’s liked tweets. In conjunction to Solomon’s tweet, he also liked a post made by national recruiting expert, Hayes Fawcett, that says “Decommitment SZN”

From Auburn Daily on FanNation

Well we are working on some flips ourselves.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Well we are working on some flips ourselves.

True enough, but a bad product is not very enticing. With the new NIL, we win some and lose some. It’s the state of the business now. College football is no longer innocent. It’s now Semi- Pro.