I. D. challenge for Softball Fans

This photo was posted on the AU Softball Twitter (X) page with no identifications.  I think I have finally identified each player.  I'll post my results in a couple of days.  Anyone else who gives a rip and has the time is welcome to take this little challenge.

• Like 1

This is the team with the 2015 SEC tournament trophy.  Top:  Lexi Davis, Kelsey Bogaards, Maria Mitchell, Emily Spain, Victoria Draper, Madison Dickey, Madi Gipson, Haley Fagan, Carlee Wallace, Jordan Rocker, Marci Harper, Rachel Walters, and Kimberlee Myers.  Bottom:  Courtney Shea, Whitney Jordan, Sydne Waldrop, Jade Rhodes, Jenna Abbott, McKenzie Kilpatrick, Morgan Estell with trophy, Branndi Melero, Emily Carosone, Anna Gibbs, Tiffany Howard, and Kasey Cooper.

I hope/think I have these correct, and apologize to any young lady I may have misidentified.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Facial recognition not a strong point for me.  I was able to identify 7 of the team members.  Good group that created some good memories.  Never forget Whitney Jordan flying around the bases in 2016, after hitting a HR in the world series vs OK in game 2.  Most people "trot", she was going full torque.  

Edited by slot canyon

Good stuff from 2016.  I did notice that several of our batters would have been called out under today's rule regarding batter's box violations.  Don't know what the rule was then.  Hope all these girls are enjoying their current lives, wherever they are.  I know that Tiffany Howard is a vet in Clarksvile, TN.

16 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

today's rule regarding batter's box violations.  

My daughter's HS team played last night. She starts out with her front foot back near the line and then steps in and up as she starts her swing. One of her at bats last night the opposing coach yelled after the first pitch "she's out of the box". Looked at the video later, no she wasn't, but from the coach's angle she probably couldn't tell. My kid stared at the coach and moved in a step, and then on the next pitch hit a laser shot over the LF fence.

Moral of the story - don't piss off a big bat when she's in the box!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/15/2023 at 3:24 PM, OlderWhiskey said:

Don't know what the rule was then.

A batter's entire foot had to be out of the box and if there was no box left late in the game, most umps wouldn't call it.  Love the picture.  Those were definitely good times.

Edited by saminbama