Week 0 action

Win4AU

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

There is no reason we should be stressing about UMASS. Give them their respect, but this team should be head over shoulders better than UMASS.

Indeed. We should beat them easily. I'm not sure that anyone is worried that we lose the game, but this now seems like a team that previous regimes would have played down to (closer win than should happen given the talent gap). Need a dominant win on Saturday to make that uneasy feeling go away and start the Freeze era off on the right foot.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TheDob06 said:

Indeed. We should beat them easily. I'm not sure that anyone is worried that we lose the game, but this now seems like a team that previous regimes would have played down to (closer win than should happen given the talent gap). Need a dominant win on Saturday to make that uneasy feeling go away and start the Freeze era off on the right foot.

People seem pretty worried based on the post. I get it from previous regimens, but that was the past. If we aren't in full control of this game and lack intensity/unorganized that would be a major red flag.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

There is no reason we should be stressing about UMASS. Give them their respect, but this team should be head over shoulders better than UMASS.

I don’t think anybody is worried about UMass. I just think it shows how college football has changed. Umass was unbelievably terrible last year. So so bad.
Based on that, People picked them to be the worst team in the country this year.

What people failed to realize is that they have 27 new transfers.  They are not the same team at all. They are better.

And I hope Auburn shows the world the same thing. Everyone is voting us down even though we have 40 new transfers. 

You really don’t know what you are going to see with all of these transfers. New world. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

I don’t think anybody is worried about UMass. I just think it shows how college football has changed. Umass was unbelievably terrible last year. So so bad.
Based on that, People picked them to be the worst team in the country this year.

What people failed to realize is that they have 27 new transfers.  They are not the same team at all. They are better.

And I hope Auburn shows the world the same thing. Everyone is voting us down even though we have 40 new transfers. 

You really don’t know what you are going to see with all of these transfers. New world. 

The transfers they are getting do not compare to a single Power 5 school.  So I am not buying that. 

Just now, DAG said:

The transfers they are getting do not compare to a single Power 5 school.  So I am not buying that. 

You don’t understand what I’m saying at all. 

• Like 1

Just now, gr82b4au said:

You don’t understand what I’m saying at all. 

I do understand what you are saying. I am telling you,  they can have 100 2-3 star transfers, those guys do not compare to what the majority of power 5 schools have collective on their team. I literally have their 247 page open.  So I am not buying with your selling.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I do understand what you are saying. I am telling you,  they can have 100 2-3 star transfers, those guys do not compare to what the majority of power 5 schools have collective on their team. I literally have their 247 page open.  So I am not buying with your selling.

I thought his point was - in todays transferable world,  a team, like ours (and Umass)  can be vastly different than the years before.  I didn't feel he was worried about Auburn vs U Mass.  Like all of us, hoping the change is drastic and for the good.   The similarities are how much a team can now change from year to year.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1

Just now, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I thought his point was - in todays transferable world,  a team, like ours (and Umass)  can be vastly different than the years before.  I didn't feel he was worried about Auburn vs U Mass.  The similarities are how much a team can now change from year to year.

Correct, but I am talking about this present UMASS team I saw today. They do not COMPARE to what we have. So there should be no fear or concern. If they are competitive with us that is a red flag.

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

Correct, but I am talking about this present UMASS team I saw today. They do not COMPARE to what we have. So there should be no fear or concern. If they are competitive with us that is a red flag.

I agree.

I don't think Gr8 was claiming otherwise unless it happened way earlier in the thread.   I am just catching up for the day,  so I am skimming a lot of posts.

WDE DAG.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I agree.

I don't think Gr8 was claiming otherwise unless it happened way earlier in the thread.   I am just catching up for the day,  so I am skimming a lot of posts.

WDE DAG.

I hear ya, but he said if this was a Harsin-led team he would be worried. My point was, I don't think that team would beat a Harsin-led team either. I watched them, It was a fun game, but NMSU's defense was undisciplined and offense anemic. The score was 20-17 at the start of the fourth, before NMSU became unhinged. Yes, the QB and WR looked good because they played a very not great NMSU. Sam Hartman looked like the best QB in the NCAA today, too. I just do not think they looked that good. It was an incredible win for their program, I give them that.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

I hear ya, but he literally said if this was a Harsin-led team he would be worried. My point was, I don't think that team would beat a Harris-led team either. I watched them, It was a fun game, but NMSU defense was awful. Poor tackling, poor angles, undisciplined. 

Hell I have some worries about U Mass.   Not so much their team,  but first game jitters for ours,  communication confusion,  a few not fully understanding the playbook yet.  new pressure with new teammates at a new school,  etc. 

U Mass now has a game under their belt as a" new team"  to have those wrinkles ironed out.  It is their only advantage,  but I have seen some screwed up things happen in first games.  Enough to make me worry about a first game against anyone.

Add to that I have not seen one AU practice,  just highlights and opinions on the net.  I have read about but have never seen more than 50%+ of  our players play.  so I honestly have no Idea what to expect.

I do not expect a loss.   I do not expect a close game.  I do expect it to be closer than makes me feel all comfy (AU by 20).   I hope for, but do not expect a  60 point total blowout. 

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner

5 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Hell I have some worries about U Mass.   Not so much their team,  but first game jitters for ours,  communication confusion,  a few not fully understanding the playbook yet.  new pressure with new teammates at a new school,  etc. 

U Mass now has a game under their belt as a" new team"  to have those wrinkles ironed out.  It is their only advantage,  but I have seen some screwed up things happen in first games.  Enough to make me worry about a first game against anyone.

Add to that I have not seen one AU practice,  just highlights and opinions on the net,  so I honestly have no Idea what to expect.

I do not expect a loss.   I do not expect a close game.  I do expect it to be closer than makes me feel all comfy (AU by 20).   I hope for, but do not expect a  60 point total blowout. 

I expect us to be head and shoulders better than UMASS.  We should be able to beat them with a basic playbook. It makes no sense to me to say some of the things I see on this thread and then at the same time argue we can win a minimum of 8 games this season. Even with all the confusion and not fully incorporated playbook, the game should not be competitive. Does not have to be a sixty-point blowout.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, e808 said:

What’s really sad is Hawaii coach is still learning on the job. Gonna be along year for Vandy

For a couple of weeks in November, it looked like they were making real progress.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, e808 said:

What’s really sad is Hawaii coach is still learning on the job. Gonna be along year for Vandy

How so? 

5 hours ago, DAG said:

How so? 

Just specifically speaking about Hawaii. Timmy was supposed to be mentored by June Jones but that deal went south.

They beat Hawaii handily last year but I guess the QB Wright had a lot to do with that. It’s year two and it’s reported Hawaii still only has 50% of the offense installed.

As I mentioned above traditionally Hawaii is very very bad on the road in out of conference. 

Then u have some players that have been affected by the wildfires. To date some people are still unaccounted for.

Maybe Vandy takes a big leap but who knows

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

Personally, I'm expecting AU to pound UMass. That said, UMass and their opponent NM State are bottom dwellers. If Auburn does not win by 30+ points, I'll be getting worried.