Week 1 | UMass @ Auburn Score Predictions

AURex

73-17

Third string give up a touchdown and field goal over the course of the second half.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

73-17

Third string give up a touchdown and field goal over the course of the second half.

🤯  Speak it into existence.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, roe4christ said:

🤯  Speak it into existence.

If we score under 35 I am going to be very concerned. Should we get a comfortable lead I could see Robby coming in and man... that sounds like a nightmare for an exhausted defense with lesser talent. Don't think Ashford and a lot of the 2s are going to have sympathy and try to keep it from running up the score.

Auburn wins 65-6 giving up 2 field goals. Auburn has at least 700 yards of offense with 400 of those through the air. There will be at least 2-100 yard rushers and 2-100 yard receivers.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Zeek said:

73-17

Three things. 

One - Freeze scored 49 points in his 2012 Ole Miss debut against a cupcake. 

Two - The last two times AU scored north of 70, they lost the following week. First of those was when Terry Bowden decided he was going to show 1995 Chattanooga the firepower of his fully armed and operational battle station, called the West Coast offense. Then promptly scored 6 points the following week v LSU. Karma bit him on the back side. Fallout from the other time was 2003 v Eli Manning. We all know how we lost that one. Not good karma again. So only twice we’ve scored 70+ in the last 28 seasons.

Three - Not saying UMASS is a good team, but they’re a scrappy bunch, playing for a veteran HC on his 2nd tour with UMASS, who never had a losing season in five seasons at UMASS. Don Brown won 13 games there in 2006, so the man knows how to coach a good team.

We may be able to score at will at times, but Freeze is not going to disrespect Don Brown. Plus you create yourself a massive target from future opponents by being disrespectful. 

10 minutes ago, Viper said:

Plus you create yourself a massive target from future opponents by being disrespectful

Possibly the most absurd thing I've read on this board.  We could score 500 and these teams will gladly take our money to come here each and every year

16 minutes ago, Viper said:

Three things. 

One - Freeze scored 49 points in his 2012 Ole Miss debut against a cupcake. 

Two - The last two times AU scored north of 70, they lost the following week. First of those was when Terry Bowden decided he was going to show 1995 Chattanooga the firepower of his fully armed and operational battle station, called the West Coast offense. Then promptly scored 6 points the following week v LSU. Karma bit him on the back side. Fallout from the other time was 2003 v Eli Manning. We all know how we lost that one. Not good karma again. So only twice we’ve scored 70+ in the last 28 seasons.

Three - Not saying UMASS is a good team, but they’re a scrappy bunch, playing for a veteran HC on his 2nd tour with UMASS, who never had a losing season in five seasons at UMASS. Don Brown won 13 games there in 2006, so the man knows how to coach a good team.

We may be able to score at will at times, but Freeze is not going to disrespect Don Brown. Plus you create yourself a massive target from future opponents by being disrespectful. 

If we’re well ahead I suspect a lot folks play and we run the ball a lot toward the end, but he’ll let guys play.

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Possibly the most absurd thing I've read on this board.  We could score 500 and these teams will gladly take our money to come here each and every year

So the only two times we’ve scored 70+ in the last 28 seasons, we lost the following week. Absurd indeed.

Freeze will not score 70+ this week. I don’t care how bad UMASS’ defense is.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

If we’re well ahead I suspect a lot folks play and we run the ball a lot toward the end, but he’ll let guys play.

Nature of playing a cupcake. Sky is blue. 

2 hours ago, Viper said:

So the only two times we’ve scored 70+ in the last 28 seasons, we lost the following week. Absurd indeed.

Freeze will not score 70+ this week. I don’t care how bad UMASS’ defense is.

Yes, there is nothing magical about scoring 70pts vs the countless times we've dropped 50 or 60 then won the following week. 

Same with other teams scoring 70

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yes, there is nothing magical about scoring 70pts vs the countless times we've dropped 50 or 60 then won the following week. 

Same with other teams scoring 70

All the way back to Pat Sullivan’s Freshman season…still only twice has AU scored 70+ points. Multiple 60-69 point games. There’s a reason 70+ is ultra rare for AU. For the most part, AU has had very respectful HCs. 70 crosses a disrespect line. Most HCs do everything possible not to score 70.

Again, Freeze will not score 70+ this week. I don’t care how bad UMASS’ defense is.

17 minutes ago, Viper said:

There’s a reason 70+ is ultra rare for AU. For the most part, AU has had very respectful HCs

lmao.  This is really really really dumb