JUst your Daily reminder that Fox News...

1716AU

1 hour ago, 1716AU said:

makes money from lying to your face.

Jan 6 Committee materials. Just click that link.

Select January 6th Committee Final Report and Supporting Materials Collection | GovInfo

You really have to be stupid to be a consumer of the crap they sew.

Fox is like the snake doctors and potion sellers in the Wild West.  They are selling what people want to hear and packaging it as a cure.

• Like 2

You believe the Jan. 6th Committee? The hand-picked committee that delivered the dishonest report that they were ordered to deliver? That's a real knee-slapper! I'd rather believe Fox News any day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

On 8/31/2023 at 12:15 AM, Mikey said:

I'd rather believe Fox News any day.

They just paid a settlement of almost 1 Billion Dollars for lying. And other similar suits for their lies are pending. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

They just paid a settlement of almost 1 Billion Dollars for lying. And other similar suits for their lies are pending. 

They align with his values.

• Haha 1

If it makes you feel any better, Fox’s future as a business isn’t good. Their stock hasn’t grown for a decade, they’re strongly connected to cable tv platforms (“linear tv”, just like ESPN, ect) - which is a collapsing model, and almost every financial analyst is bearish on than. Net, net theyre a fading dinosaur.(Just like msnbc). Ps the $1b settlement hurt. A lot

26 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

If it makes you feel any better, Fox’s future as a business isn’t good. Their stock hasn’t grown for a decade, they’re strongly connected to cable tv platforms (“linear tv”, just like ESPN, ect) - which is a collapsing model, and almost every financial analyst is bearish on than. Net, net theyre a fading dinosaur.(Just like msnbc). Ps the $1b settlement hurt. A lot

Others will take their place. Outrage sells. Turns out a surprising number of folks enjoy being angry. 

15 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Why, yes they did. That doesn't mean everything the network airs is a lie. I've seen lies the very few times I watched Rachel Madcow. The biggest lies from the libby sources are lies of omission and sadly, those aren't subject to lawsuits.

11 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Fortunately I don't own stock in that company. Should Fox News fail there are other options that aren't simply repackaged versions of The View.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2023 at 11:15 PM, Mikey said:

You believe the Jan. 6th Committee? The hand-picked committee that delivered the dishonest report that they were ordered to deliver? That's a real knee-slapper! I'd rather believe Fox News any day.

i need a link on that per the rules. not crawfishing or excuses.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i need a link on that per the rules. not crawfishing or excuses.

Take your pick of the several links on this page. https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=makeup+of+Jan.+6th+committee

A 13 member committee, 11 Democrats and two RINO Republicans. The Republican leadership's recommendations for people to serve on the committee were denied and instead of allowing real Republican representatives, two wimpo's were placed there by Democrats. It was nothing but a kangaroo court and anybody with a GED or better education knows to laugh at their findings.

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Take your pick of the several links on this page. https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=makeup+of+Jan.+6th+committee

A 13 member committee, 11 Democrats and two RINO Republicans. The Republican leadership's recommendations for people to serve on the committee were denied and instead of allowing real Republican representatives, two wimpo's were placed there by Democrats. It was nothing but a kangaroo court and anybody with a GED or better education knows to laugh at their findings.

as an aside.....do we beat cal?

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

as an aside.....do we beat cal?

Probably. Of course, the game is to be played in California so there is a possibility that it will be canceled due to the start of construction of Biden's railroad across the Pacific Ocean.

https://freebeacon.com/biden-administration/watch-biden-announces-plan-to-build-massive-railway-across-an-ocean/

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Probably. Of course, the game is to be played in California so there is a possibility that it will be canceled due to the start of construction of Biden's railroad across the Pacific Ocean.

https://freebeacon.com/biden-administration/watch-biden-announces-plan-to-build-massive-railway-across-an-ocean/

Postgame trip to Japan on Amtrak and you’re complaining?

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

22 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Others will take their place. Outrage sells. Turns out a surprising number of folks enjoy being angry. 

I wonder who will take the place of CNN and MSNBC?

10 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Less demand for outrage in their audience. Smaller audiences, less profitable.

Really?

5 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Really?

Yes. Remember the big liberal radio effort that flopped years ago? I don’t know anyone on the left that wants to listen to someone rant for 3 hours a day. I’m sure there’s some, but apparently not enough to turn a profit.

• Like 2

On 9/4/2023 at 8:39 PM, PUB78 said:

I wonder who will take the place of CNN and MSNBC?

CNN's profits dipped below $1 billion for the first time in 2022.  People forget that CNN has a presence around the globe. 

Fox is much more profitable, due to their business model being entertainment.  They don't even profess to be an actual news reporting organization during their prime time lineup.  Their viewers ignore that and Fox takes advantage by ginning up the them vs. us rhetoric and using it to build loyal viewership.

7 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

CNN's profits dipped below $1 billion for the first time in 2022.  People forget that CNN has a presence around the globe. 

Fox is much more profitable, due to their business model being entertainment.  They don't even profess to be an actual news reporting organization during their prime time lineup.  Their viewers ignore that and Fox takes advantage by ginning up the them vs. us rhetoric and using it to build loyal viewership.

Their own lawyers say you’d be a fool to believe the prime time crowd. 

• Like 2

In other words, invest in Fox New stock. Run like hell fro anything Fix News says.

Welp, I can go understand that. Give Murdock your money. He needs it.

6 minutes ago, AURex said:

In other words, invest in Fox New stock. Run like hell fro anything Fix News says.

Welp, I can go understand that. Give Murdock your money. He needs it.

But what do you have against Amtrak? Japan? Trains in general?

On 8/30/2023 at 11:15 PM, Mikey said:

You believe the Jan. 6th Committee?

Yes.  I do believe the January 6 committee....did you even watch the hearings, or just the Fox News discussion? 

Watching Fox News is just choosing to be ignorant.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

26 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

The target market for Fox's prime time shows.

Fox News used to have some pretty good and ethical journalists on the News side of the outfit, but I think most of them have either been fired or left of their own accord. Maybe some are still there, I'm not too sure. 

Unfortunately for Journalists, having Fox News listed as an employer on the resume isn't too impressive to many other serious News companies. It's kind of like being an accountant who worked at Enron. Yeah, you may have been an ethical competent accountant who did everything by the book, but your employers actions and reputation kind of makes that experience hit or miss on if it'll help you in the future or hurt you career wise. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, economystupid said:

Yes.  I do believe the January 6 committee....did you even watch the hearings, or just the Fox News discussion? 

Watching Fox News is just choosing to be ignorant.

Because he didn't watch it, Mikey doesn't realize the Jan. 6 committee focused on Republicans - who were there - testifying as to what they saw and heard.

He discounts the whole procedure because Gym Jordan and other bomb throwers weren't there to disrupt it.

• Facepalm 1